What was the best team of all time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Re: What was the best team of all time?

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

Why bother to spell out Helloitsmeagain when you know that it is Babe? Are you enabling his 174th moniker?

Pike???? Is that you????

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chipvan. Show chipvan's posts

I have been watching sports since 1970. For one season the 1984 Tigers get my vote. From start to finish, their was no doubt. Same goes for the 1985 Bears in football.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to chipvan's comment:

I have been watching sports since 1970. For one season the 1984 Tigers get my vote. From start to finish, their was no doubt. Same goes for the 1985 Bears in football.

Those Tigers started roaring (35-5), continued, end ended that way. Nobody else had a chance. Ditto the Bears a yr later.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to chipvan's comment:

Those Tigers started roaring (35-5), continued, end ended that way. Nobody else had a chance. Ditto the Bears a yr later.

That Tiger team was something special for all time, nh and chip.....And the Fridge was one of a kind....

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Here's a cool little article on the "first baseball speed gun", measuring Walter Johnson's fastball in 1912....

http://www.wondersandmarvels.com/2011/01/the-first-baseball-speed-gun.html

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

Yep, a motorcycle and the old stopwatch trick. Did you know that the State Police still use this system to pull over blacks on their way to the polling place on Election day.

Hardly. But again your interest is not to discuss baseball, just to troll.

Carry on.

[/QUOTE]

Not only that but pike is always the first to complain about baseball threads turning into political talking points.

However he just can't resist injecting his oddball political commentary into a decent thread about the best team of all time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

How about the O's and all those 20 game winners?

That is very impressive.

The 1970 orioles allowed 17.8% less runs than the league average, while the 1939 Yankees allowed 30.6% below league average. I believe the only team after 1920 to accomplish that feat

** My bad, it was the 1971 orioles that had all the 20 game winners, not the 1970 team

hiya babe. those 4 20 game winners were one of my best win a beer bar questions for a long time. if you asked most people they couldn't remember them. still a good trivia question. warming up up here babe. it was 10 this morning. lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I'd have to say that in my life time I would say the 2004 idiots that came back and won the whole shooting match was the greatest team. to me atleast.

just MHO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

I'd have to say that in my life time I would say the 2004 idiots that came back and won the whole shooting match was the greatest team. to me atleast.

just MHO.

Wherever you place the Red Sox among the WS winners historically, that comeback might have been the greatest in American sports history when it comes to the final season-ending playoff universe...There might be an NHL or NBA playoff series that mimics it, but it is hard to think there is one that tops it....Shiver me timbers, but I still have mild PTSD whenever I watch the Red Sox and Yankees play... 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

hiya babe. those 4 20 game winners were one of my best win a beer bar questions for a long time. if you asked most people they couldn't remember them. still a good trivia question. warming up up here babe. it was 10 this morning. lol.

My favorite - There was one year that the MVP of the AL, NL, NFL, AFL and the NBA all wore the same number.

What was the number and who were they?

Koufax and Elston Howard both 63 MVPs #32.

Jimmy Brown, 1963 also #32.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.