What was the most exciting time you've ever experienced in Fenway Park?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Re: What was the most exciting time you've ever experienced in Fenway Park?

I don't get it

piersall

if the constant posting of that pic

is suppose to be a shot at arod

I don't get it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Been to Fenway a bazillion times, winter an summer.  Up in the offices, down on the field, in luxury boxes.... I would like to be buried under second base.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

I have a couple, 1st I saw Hank Aaron hit a homerun, it landed near the triangle which was full of people at the time about 20 ft from where I was sitting. My other experience was the best game that Mike Torrez ever pitched in a Red Sox uniform. I was sitting about 10 rows back directly behind home plate and was able to see the pitches almost as the hitters did. I cannot remember the opponents but do remember that in the bottom of the 10th inning Dave Stapleton hit a homerun into the left field screen above the Green Monster to give the Sox a 1-0 walk off victory. Torrez pitched the whole game and his curveball had a 2-3 ft drop on it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

taz, when did Hank Aaron play at Fenway?

zac, I don't quite get it either.  I suspect that most of the guys who use that to slam A-Rod would be quite proud to have Cameron Diaz feed them popcorn at the Super Bowl.  In fact, that is probably a fantasy of a lot of guys!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

Parhunter,

It was either 73 or 74 while he was playing for the Milwaukee Brewers. Remember they were in the American league at that time. He finished his career with them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I have no problem remembering it. It was the defining moment in my life as a baseball fan.

1999 Baseball All-Star game.  A friend and I each paid a scalper $1300 for tickets to the Home Run Derby and the game the next day.

McGuire went on a tear in the Home Run Derby, hitting balls out of the stadium over the left-center field wall.  Little did we know it was juice-induced. :-(

The next day Ted Williams came out in a golf cart for the opening ceremonies and by the time it was over there weren't many dry eyes in the place.  Mine certainly weren't.  They're not now, just remembering it.

Then Pedro put on his show, striking out 5 of the first 6 batters he faced.  I was sitting in the first row of the Infield Grandstand, directly behind home plate.  He was AWESOME!

The next Christmas my daughter bought me a gift of a fish-eye view of the players lined up along the baselines ... and I'm in that picture.  I may be buried with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

To be honest, I forgot that he ended with the Brewers.  That would have been fun to see. 

I remember watching Marichal pitch at Fenway, and a game where I got to sit right behind Tom Seaver's wife about 5 rows behind the visitor's dugout, but neither game was memorable.  Somehow that opening day game has left me with more game memories than any other game I've seen at Fenway, and that was a pretty long time ago.  Unfortunatley I have not been to Fenway since the playoff series they lost to the Mariners, back in the late 90s, so I have no recent memories to draw on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I was 13 years old and it was memorial day weekend   Monday nite baseball between the yanks and sox....a tight game that the sox lost -  i remember leaving fenway and watching sox fans beat on yankee fans...the image i remember the most was one sox fan pinning a yankee fan to the ground in the parking lot and telling the driver to run him over...i swear to god....that was intense and scary...another guy i remember was wacking yank fans with those minature bats...needless to say the long weekend, the rivalry, monday nite baseball, and lots of beer created the perfect storm of insanity...

http://www.backtobaseball.com/gamesiteregularseason.php?IDindex=BOS197705300

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Hey taz, I found the Stapleton walk-off game for you.  July 18, 1980 vs the Minnesota Twins. 

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS198007180.shtml

And here is the box score of Hank Aaron's only HR at Fenway (he hit one other vs Boston in Milwaukee).

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS197509140.shtml

That game looked like a fun way to be at.  Down 5-1 to come back to win 8-6!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

zac, I don't quite get it either. I suspect that most of the guys who use that to slam A-Rod would be quite proud to have Cameron Diaz feed them popcorn at the Super Bowl. In fact, that is probably a fantasy of a lot of guys!

thanks parhunter

that's what I was thinking

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Not only my most exciting moment at Fenway,but my most exciting moment at any sporting event,was watching Ted Williams hit his final home run at Fenway.I still can picture to this day that beautiful swing and the ball leaving the park.He was my idol as a youngster and,in many ways(including his military service),and a man whom I still admre today as I push perilously close to 70 years of age. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The Boston Red Sox are 10-3 with me there....so I promise to start making it to a few more games this year.

My 3 most memorable games

1.) one was over 17 years ago when the sox went on a 13 game winning streak, and won a game against the Yankees I had 4th row seats between 3rd base and home plate, it was my first game and they lost snapping the streak, but nothing can beat that first fenway experience. 

2.) My second most memorable game had to be Game 1 of the 2007 ALCS, the Classic Beckett Vs. Sabathia match ups that we have all grown to love,  I paid $750 for two grandstand tickets but nothing will EVER beat that atmosphere.  EVERY Red Sox fan should know the feeling of a 3-2 count during the playoffs, the electricity and unity in the crowd is just amazing.

My favorite however, has to be John Lesters no hitter.  The most Ironic thing about this game was my friend had tickets to Clay Buccholz's no hitter the year before and really rubbed it in my face that I declined to go at the last minute.  I thought seeing a no hitter was a once in a lifetime thing and it would never happen to me again.  I joked with my friend the entire ballgame about how today Lester was going to pitch a no hitter, after the second inning I was screaming "only 21 more outs to go"  By the 5th 6th inning I was speechless till the very end.  I was sitting behind the Pesky pole with my friend and he convinced me we should try to get some seats up front after the bottom of the eight.  We found some empty seats behind the Sox dugout(to think that someone would leave early to beat traffic in a no hitter.....pink hatters) I remember being able to see the tears on Lesters eyes when being interviewed afterwards.  I don't know if I can top that day, but who knows what the future holds....baseball is a beautiful game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

In Response to Re: What was the most exciting time you've ever experienced in Fenway Park?:
    [QUOTE]Hey taz, I found the Stapleton walk-off game for you.  July 18, 1980 vs the Minnesota Twins.  http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS198007180.shtml And here is the box score of Hank Aaron's only HR at Fenway (he hit one other vs Boston in Milwaukee). http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS197509140.shtml That game looked like a fun way to be at.  Down 5-1 to come back to win 8-6!
    Posted by fizsh[/QUOTE]

Fizsh,

I just saw this post this morning at work and will have to wait until I get home to check them out. Thanks for looking them up! I do have another memory of the sox but not at Fenway. The past 17 years I have been living here in Chicago and Have seen many a game when the Sox come in to play the pail hose. A few years ago the Sox came in to play the Cubs and my boss gave me tickets to the Sunday night game. As I was walking down Sheffield Ave a ball came over the wall, bounced on the street, hit a taxi. and on one hop I caught it bare handed. The people in the stadium saw me and said that Big Popi hit it out during batting practice. In all of my years of going to games the closest ever got to getting a ball was the Aaron homerun. It sits in a place of honor and will always be the best memory of a Soxs game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

In Response to Re: What was the most exciting time you've ever experienced in Fenway Park?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What was the most exciting time you've ever experienced in Fenway Park? : Fizsh, I just saw this post this morning at work and will have to wait until I get home to check them out. Thanks for looking them up! I do have another memory of the sox but not at Fenway. The past 17 years I have been living here in Chicago and Have seen many a game when the Sox come in to play the pail hose. A few years ago the Sox came in to play the Cubs and my boss gave me tickets to the Sunday night game. As I was walking down Sheffield Ave a ball came over the wall, bounced on the street, hit a taxi. and on one hop I caught it bare handed. The people in the stadium saw me and said that Big Popi hit it out during batting practice. In all of my years of going to games the closest ever got to getting a ball was the Aaron homerun. It sits in a place of honor and will always be the best memory of a Soxs game.
    Posted by taz1956[/QUOTE]

taz; you evoked a memory of a similar moment for me at Fenway.  Was walking down Lansdowne  prior to a game and a ball bounced into the street from over the monster; one hopped over the hood of an auto, and I snagged it one handed.  My grandson was with me, and was thrilled to get the ball. Unlike you, I have no idea who hit it.  My grandson has been lucky.  He's had balls tossed to him from Dice-K and Pedey (both at Toronto) , and a BAT given to him by Aaron Bates. (where is he?)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

My very first Yankees-RS game...

Oct. 2, 1978

$2 bleacher seats. 

Sections
Shortcuts