What would happen IF....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What would happen IF....

....an MLB team's plane crashed on the way to the next city in the middle of a PS series? If St. Louis or Detroit crashed on the way back, how would MLB handle it? The first thought was that the bereaved organization would be permitted to use whatever replacement players they had available, but they would be so easily beaten that it would not be a championship in the traditional sense, and would also seem an imposition to the victor in the celebraton. What else? Cancel the rest of the PS? Not likely either. My next thought was to wonder if MLB wouldnt insert the highest seeded team that lost in the previous round, in this case the A's or Nationals, beginning them at game three in whatever position the lost team held--as restarting the series at game 1 would also seem unlikely and unfair to the team left in tact. We've never seen it, and I hope we never do, but I wonder what would happen?

PS...UPDATE! Ive read the complaints and remonstrances against me asking this, and they dont bother me a bit. Offer an intelligent answer, block me, or shut up. K? To everyone who tried to contribute an intelligent or humorous answer--thanks for playing--leave your name, address, and credit card number in my mailbox, and I'll see to it you get a 2013 RSN membership for 10 cents on the dollar.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

Re: What would happen IF....

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

....an MLB team's plane crashed on the way to the next city in the middle of a PS series? If St. Louis or Detroit crashed on the way back, how would MLB handle it? The first thought was that the bereaved organization would be permitted to use whatever replacement players they had available, but they would be so easily beaten that it would not be a championship in the traditional sense, and would also seem an imposition to the victor in the celebraton. What else? Cancel the rest of the PS? Not likely either. My next thought was to wonder if MLB wouldnt insert the highest seeded team that lost in the previous round, in this case the A's or Nationals, beginning them at game three in whatever position the lost team held--as restarting the series at game 1 would also seem unlikely and unfair to the team left in tact. We've never seen it, and I hope we never do, but I wonder what would happen? 

[/QUOTE]

Morbid question. MLB would have to cancel the postseason in that case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

I hope in Honor and Respect for the people that lost their lives in that crash that they would just cancel the rest of the season. The value of human life is way more than the value of a postseason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope in Honor and Respect for the people that lost their lives in that crash that they would just cancel the rest of the season. The value of human life is way more than the value of a postseason.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, it would be awfully cold if they didn't cancel the remainder of the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

this is clearly a deserving  "front burner" thread.  WOW...someone's been drinking

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to jarretfromportsmouth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

this is clearly a deserving  "front burner" thread.  WOW...someone's been drinking

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Ive never had a drop my entire life. I never use it, (unless you want to count ny-quil) I hate all forms of drugs and drink--so try again. Call it morbid, call it whatever, its a legitimate question, and in this day and age could happen. In fact, with all the air travel, it borders on miraculous that it hasnt happened already. I doubt MLB would cancel the entire postseason, too many other teams and fans to be considered, and lets be honest, a lot of money they dont want to lose. Like I said, I hope it never happnes, but the reason for my question was to find out if anyone knew what MLB's policy on it would be, not to hear complaints about the fact that I asked it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Sadly, such things have happened including:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_air_disaster

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

if they crashed in the snow they would have to eat each other. 

i would think they would have to forfeit. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Your Sick !!!....And what if you had a brain? If you did it crashed years ago !!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Why would it be different in the middle of a season? FWIW, there's been close calls, and it did happen to a Russian Hockey team and a couple of college football teams. See the movie We Are Marshall.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The 2001 Oklahoma State basketball team lost a few players and coaches in a plane crash.  They finished out their season...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Only a morbid moron would even propose such a question. 

You are truly sick. Get your head examined. 

Hetch

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Similar scenarios have happened before I believe...But why would you be thinking of such a thing exam?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Similar scenarios have happened before I believe...But why would you be thinking of such a thing exam?

[/QUOTE]

Well, apparently I have a sick mind--or so Im told. My dog could still eat Hetch's dog though, out of sheer ferocity--if not size and bite strength. Anyway, the thought occurred to me while I was watching one of the PS games a couple days ago. I wondered what MLB's policy would be, and still have not heard it, in spite of several humorous comments, a few guesses, and at least four complaining remonstrances against my person and the nature of my question. In spite of all this, I still dont see what the big deal is about asking it, and still await an intelligent answer that is not forthcoming. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Only a morbid moron would even propose such a question. 

You are truly sick. Get your head examined. 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

It should be easy to give an answer if such a moron asked it, and I cant help but notice you didnt supply one. And BTW, a byline is not necessary. We can see who posted what you wrote by looking at the screen name beneath your avatar. Youre about as bad as my brother, who signs everything he posts on FB with "Bradster" in spite of the clear fact that we all know he wrote it. NEXT.........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, apparently I have a sick mind--or so Im told. My dog could still eat Hetch's dog though, out of sheer ferocity--if not size and bite strength. Anyway, the thought occurred to me while I was watching one of the PS games a couple days ago. I wondered what MLB's policy would be, and still have not heard it, in spite of several humorous comments, a few guesses, and at least four complaining remonstrances against my person and the nature of my question. In spite of all this, I still dont see what the big deal is about asking it, and still await an intelligent answer that is not forthcoming. 

[/QUOTE]

My guess is they would cancel the rest of the playoffs out of respect. Its a different kind of question usually raised here exam, but I dont think you are a morbid person nor do I question your moral for asking.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My guess is they would cancel the rest of the playoffs out of respect. Its a different kind of question usually raised here exam, but I dont think you are a morbid person nor do I question your moral for asking.

[/QUOTE]

LOL Thanks South.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Michael Vick just got a dog; don't look him up though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

What would happen if the Yankee Team Plane got into an accident on the tarmac and ARod broke his thumb? Huh huh tell me!

Oh and maybe Sabathia got wedged in between seats and had to be pried out but could not start anymore because he had a hairlin rib fracture.