what would it mean if neither MARIANO, jeter, RICKEY the or MADDUX are unanimous HOF'rs? who's most likely?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: what would it mean if neither MARIANO, jeter, RICKEY the or MADDUX are unanimous HOF'rs? who's most likely?

I am not sure it will happen but if it does it should be Mariano.....Jeter is not the greatest Shortstop to go in to the HOF, Maddox will not be the greatest pitcher....Rickey Henderson is already in the HOF and isnt the freatest OF, but Mariano is the Greatest Closer/Relief Pitcher ever and probably will be for a very long time. if not always.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: what would it mean if neither MARIANO, jeter, RICKEY the or MADDUX are unanimous HOF'rs? who's most likely?

I agree Rivera should be unanimous, but before he gets his shot, I'd make a plea for Ken Griffey Jr, based on my perception of his career.

Not only was he the best player in the game for nearly a decade, but when injuries started to mount, and stats started to dip, and hitters with far less natural talent were setting records by juicing themselves to the gills, he never took the easy way out, even when it looked like there would be no repercussions for those who had.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

OOPSY ON RICK, DIDNT KNOW HE WAS ALREADY IN

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

I should hope so by now... he's been out of baseball for 10yrs.  Bro's gonna be 55 in Dec.

Where ya been CC?

Regarding the unanimous HOF vote.... I totally forgot about Griffey Jr.  He should be a shoe in for the honor of being 1st.  Mo should be 2nd, and Jete will be the 3rd IMOP.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Randy Johnson is another guy it would be hard to leave off a ballot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

2014:  Greg Maddux,  Tom Glavine,  Frank Thomas.

2015:  Randy Johnson,  Pedro Martinez.

2016:  Ken Griffey Jr.,  Trevor Hoffman.

2017:  Ivan(Pudge) Rodriguez,  Vlad Guerrero,  Jorge Posada(?),  Jason Varitek(?).

2018:  Larry(Chipper) Jones,  Omar Vizquel(?).

2019:  Mariano Rivera.

2020:  Derek Jeter??????????

2021:  David(Papi) Ortiz??????????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Someone please explain to why full time DHs are not worthy of the Hall of Fame yet a CLOSER deserves to be elected with an honor that players like Aaron, Mays, Musial and Ted Williams were not deemed worthy of?

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

Sections
Shortcuts