What would it take to get Ubaldo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Re: What would it take to get Ubaldo?

In Response to Re: What would it take to get Ubaldo?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would it take to get Ubaldo? : Shouldn't Tampa file tampering charges if the D-Backs were shopping BJ Upton?  Now Justin Upton, on the other hand, is one hell of a player.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Good one. Lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I completely agree with you 5K.  There's a huge gap between how the Rox value him and how he's viewed by other organizations.  He has certainly turned it on lately though.

I'd love to see the Sox make a push for Justin again, one of the few players I would love have play RF.  I wonder if the D-Backs are still willing to deal him.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]I completely agree with you 5K.  There's a huge gap between how the Rox value him and how he's viewed by other organizations.  He has certainly turned it on lately though. I'd love to see the Sox make a push for Justin again, one of the few players I would love have play RF.  I wonder if the D-Backs are still willing to deal him.......
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]I don't know that Towers ever was all the willing to deal him. Towers tends to do that, float a player, draw a lot of attention without ever having any urgency to deal, just to see if someone will get stupid.

He is a heck of a player and is making Towers look good for trading him. K's a lot for the profile but his OBP more than compensates IMO. Given that he is only 23 his power numbers project into something pretty special in 3-4 years too.

No wonder BJ got so mad when Evan told him "we got the wrong Upton here!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would it take to get Ubaldo? : I don't know that Towers ever was all the willing to deal him. Towers tends to do that, float a player, draw a lot of attention without ever having any urgency to deal, just to see if someone will get stupid. He is a heck of a player and is making Towers look good for trading him. K's a lot for the profile but his OBP more than compensates IMO. Given that he is only 23 his power numbers project into something pretty special in 3-4 years too. No wonder BJ got so mad when Evan told him "we got the wrong Upton here!"
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I remember hearing that Towers was looking for a deal similar to the package for AGon last winter.  I think Justin wold be worth it, especially given his contract, but who knows if that would still get the deal done.

Can't blame Longoria for being disappointed lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Ubaldo is overrated.  Do not touch him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Ubaldo is overrated.  Do not touch him.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Agree. Now if you could encapsulate the 1st half of last yr, that would be different. I wouldn't count on it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would it take to get Ubaldo? : Agree. Now if you could encapsulate the 1st half of last yr, that would be different. I wouldn't count on it.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Likewise for your team (Yankees)? Have you gone to a NYY forum and given them your sage advice?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would it take to get Ubaldo? : Shouldn't Tampa file tampering charges if the D-Backs were shopping BJ Upton?  Now Justin Upton, on the other hand, is one hell of a player.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Good one, my bad...the other brother...LOL...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would it take to get Ubaldo? : Likewise for your team (Yankees)? Have you gone to a NYY forum and given them your sage advice?
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

I go to trufan for that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox0426. Show redsox0426's posts

http://danny-knobler.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/8590096/30884925
    According to this report, a deal would be centered around Weiland, which would be the second best player in the proposed deal that started this thread.