What would it take to get you to like this team?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: What would it take to get you to like this team?

Winning.  If this club turns it around, then they are actually quite likeable.  Everyone loves the underdog who was counted out and in complete dissaray only to dig deep, with surprise heroes no one saw coming, and finds a way to win.  

Face to face, out in the heat
    Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
    They stack the odds 
    Still we take to the street
    For the kill with the skill to survive

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

I like this team.  They are the Red Sox despite not playing well.  There are no players on the team I actively dislike, unlike a few people on this forum!

Changes (other than playing staff)?:
    • I did not want Valentine and think he will fail, but he's got to be supported for now...he's our manager!
    • I am dubious of Lucchino's value i.e. seems to create money wherever he goes but seems - from my distant vantage point - to be disruptive as well.
    • I'm very happy with Henry - how can one not be other than assumed distractions from LFC?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

They're not going to win.  They weren't put together to win.  Sure, if everything went their way, then maybe they'd be competitive, but even then they weren't WS material.

Accept it and get over it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

6 game win streak would do it.  Bonus round: overperformance by 3 members of the 'pen ... if we are reading "Taz for closer" threads in a few weeks that would be a good sign.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

What kind of a title for a thead is it when it's based on the premise that people don't like the team?

Although I don't know any of the team members personally I LIKE this team - as a team.  They hit some adversity early on with Bailey and Ells, but I'm not going to dislike them over that!

I don't think they're overall as talented as last year's team but I believe they're playing hard and doing the best they can.  I also appreciate the fact that the team rallied around Youk when BV questioned his commitment, but I'm not sure BV didn't do that on purpose to unite the team. 
    "Nothing will bring people together any faster than a common enemy."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I like the team.

I like every Sox team.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: What would it take to get you to like this team?:
    [QUOTE]I like the team. I like every Sox team.  
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

word

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Yo spacebro!
    that's word x 2
    all this team needs is
    a good string of W's
    to get all the whiners
    to calm down. alot of
    positives to think about.
    CC is just about ready.
    Dice K is that much closer
    remember kelly's hero's
    odd ball said " have a little faith baby, have a little faith."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Yo spacebro! that's word x 2 all this team needs is a good string of W's to get all the whiners to calm down. alot of positives to think about. CC is just about ready. Dice K is that much closer remember kelly's hero's odd ball said " have a little faith baby, have a little faith."
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE] hey, hey Big Man...long time no chat, what's the word?..hope things are well...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Yo spacebro! that's word x 2 all this team needs is a good string of W's to get all the whiners to calm down. alot of positives to think about. CC is just about ready. Dice K is that much closer remember kelly's hero's odd ball said " have a little faith baby, have a little faith."
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Amazing how fast folks' jump ship huh Hammah?  I find it hilarious how many of the same people who have already buried the 2012 Sox are calling those of us who still see a lot of story left to be written "pink hats".  Really?  Talk about the pot calling the kettle ... pink.  

Loving what the kids are doing.  Doubront's awesome start lost in the weeping and gnashing of teeth over the 'Bobby Valentine's Day Massacre'.  Kid is solid, at least.  Tazawa might be a real nice addition to the punch-happy pen.  Hope to see Lavarnway soon.  Hopefully they can use this upcoming soft stretch to get their legs.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Hi Jetes, yeah it's been kinda tough. dealing with some stuff family wise. no big probs though. thank gawd it rained last nite. lol.

and yeah space, lots of positives I agree. I see help is on the way man. CC is just about ready to come back and take left field over. and yeah with all the razzin I'm gonna get, I am psyched to see the dice man take the hill. all good reports coming outta florida about him. breaking ball great, throwing + 92-94 with movement. I figure that when we get these guys we should get a healthy jake back to reclaim center field. looking forward to getting back on a winning streak with the twinks tonight space.

come on boys, let's get busy!

Sections
Shortcuts