What would it take to release Lackey?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffh102082. Show jeffh102082's posts

What would it take to release Lackey?

How much are they on the hook for by letting him go? Do you think anyone would even take his huge contract?

I think Crawford will return to form next season, sometimes guys just have bad seasons.. I will not give up on Crawford..

But Lackey has shown nothing even dating back to his days with the Angels.. He had 1 great year... just one

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

Re: What would it take to release Lackey?

Someone really stupid

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikezep61. Show mikezep61's posts

Concrete shoes, cyanide, TNT...

Neckties...contracts...HIGH VOLTAGE!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

$45.75 million

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2004/12/boston-red-sox.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I would imagine that Theo, (if he is still the GM next year), will try to trade Lackey, but I don't see it happening.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

The only way to trade Lakcey is to swap him for another problem.

At least Vernon Wells put up good power numbers before Toronto packaged him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Lackey for Zito.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think Lack is on a short leash--if there is any way they can void his contract, look out Lack--your Daddy is now gone and management is tired of your act. I would go into the off-season and work my butt off with somebody that can take you back to Pitching 101 and Pitching protocol and Pitching etiquette and dumb staring down tactics that you learned from someone in addition to showing displeasure with your fellow players in the field.

Too bad you do have some talent and God knows we need quality starting pitching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Does not matter. Just unconditionally release him, thus making him a free agent and eat his entire contract. He has got to go, and now!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

A six pack of Bud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: What would it take to release Lackey?:
    [QUOTE]Does not matter. Just unconditionally release him, thus making him a free agent and eat his entire contract. He has got to go, and now!!
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

walk away from $45million? Are you NUTS??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

What to take to release Lackey, have a team take him while Boston pay all of the salary just like they did it with Manny!!

Really 95% of the teams does not want him.

My best assumption trade is to trade Lackey to Angels for Vernon Wells like to trade bad salary for bad salary.  Angels now dont want Wells, but Boston do not mind having him.  Better than having Lackey around the clubhouse!!  He is just like Terrell Owens of NFL!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

I believe, along with many others, that Lackey is the biggest cancer in the clubhose. I really also believe Crawford will rebound.Youk has lost it. Most of the bull pen needs to step up, and only a very good pitching coach will do that. Beer in the bull pen? If that is true, whatever coach was there must go. Pap just most likely be gone. Last year every one dissed him. Bard is not the answer. Mr Henry can give Pap all the money it takes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

In Response to What would it take to release Lackey?:
    [QUOTE]How much are they on the hook for by letting him go? Do you think anyone would even take his huge contract? I think Crawford will return to form next season, sometimes guys just have bad seasons.. I will not give up on Crawford.. But Lackey has shown nothing even dating back to his days with the Angels.. He had 1 great year... just one
    Posted by jeffh102082[/QUOTE]
    according to the sports news reporter from ESPN it might take an exchange of other problem players like Zambrano or Zito or..others

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikezep61. Show mikezep61's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would it take to release Lackey? : walk away from $45million? Are you NUTS??
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

Why is he nuts?  Let's compare your two differing opinions in very simple terms:

SOLUTION A:  Pay him $45 million, have him give up 6.5 runs a game, destroy the chemistry, and Lose, Lose, Lose

SOLUTION B:  Pay him 45 million and send him packing.  He doesn't give up any runs per game or destroy the team chemistry because he is gone.  Whoever his replacement is has a much better chance of contributing towards the team's success.

I don't understand why you feel Solution A is better.  The money is sunk.  The money will be paid no matter what, so you might as well do what gives the team the best chance to win.

"Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em" (Kenny Rogers)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey for Zito.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Won't happen.

1) Zito has a full no trade clause and an expressed desire to never pitch on the East Coast, which he thinks starts in Illinois.  Seriously, he does.

2) Why would you do that anyway?  Does that solve anything?  Or does that just change the name of the problem?  Please don't tell me you believe in "change of scenery" trades as anything beyond fabricated excuses.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would it take to release Lackey? : Won't happen. 1) Zito has a full no trade clause and an expressed desire to never pitch on the East Coast, which he thinks starts in Illinois.  Seriously, he does. 2) Why would you do that anyway?  Does that solve anything?  Or does that just change the name of the problem?  Please don't tell me you believe in "change of scenery" trades as anything beyond fabricated excuses.
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]Changes the name of the problem I suppose. Although when I posted that I thought terry would still be the manager and Curt Young the pitching coach. And Zito did have his greatest success with Young as his pitching coach. Also I can't thinkof any obvious slur of Zito like SLackey. Smile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

[QUOTE]A six pack of Bud
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Sold. A sixer of the King of Beers is worth much more than a 6.41 ERA.

Sections
Shortcuts