What would it take to trade For Elvis Andrus?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRuleTheRoost. Show SoxRuleTheRoost's posts

What would it take to trade For Elvis Andrus?

Perhaps Texas would like a trial run with Ellsbury, especially if they don't want to gamble big on Hamilton. Who else would we have to send? How high is Texas on Profar?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: What would it take to trade For Elvis Andrus?

That would make a lot of sense. If the trade should happen Texas would at least receive a comp pick if Ells decides not to sign.

Depending on what Texas does as far as deals this year, as of right now only 59mm is committed to the 2014 roster and 89 to 2013. So they have the $$ to offer Ells the kind of contract he could demand.

I dont see a lot of names on that roster in 2014 who are FA that they would bring back and the arb cases shouldnt amount to a lot of $$.

In 2013 Arb cases include: Neftali Feliz (1), Matt Harrison(2), Uehara)2), Murphy(3), and Soto(3) if they should decide to keep all of them. Ells should make about 10mm so It should be an issue. They match up good.

Andrus has 2 years of control so I wonder if the Rangers will want another body. I imagine they would. At that point Iggy would be expendable unless the Sox put him in AAA to possibly improve his hitting to improve his value.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

I like your idea.  The best place to start building is from the inside out SS is one of biggest holes.  With pedriora and Andrus it would be a good start.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

I think Texas would want more than just Ells. If the Rangers make Andrus available there will plenty of teams interested. I think Lester and a good prospect might get us in the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Andrus is a career .275 hitter with zero power. Makes quite a few errors as well.  We have several good shortstop prospects in our system. What is it with this fascination with other teams players ?   We need to improve our pitching. Shortstop is not the problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Andrus is a career .275 hitter with zero power. Makes quite a few errors as well.  We have several good shortstop prospects in our system. What is it with this fascination with other teams players ?   We need to improve our pitching. Shortstop is not the problem.

Yup.  If Andrus played for us, some fans would consider him part of the problem.  He's a nice player and all, but we need to start giving our own prospects a shot.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

I like it, I brought this up months ago. People may forget that Elvis Andrus is only 24. He's still 3 or 4 years away from the prime of his career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Personally i think we should try and make a run at Justin Upton again. With the Diamondbacks acquiring cliff pennington and health bell for chris young, Some believe that the Diamondbacks Starting outfield will be Kubel in left, adam eaton in center and parra in right. They will use JU to fetch a Long term starting shortstop or a starting pitcher. What do you guys think about a Iggy, webster and/or DLR and another prospect for justin upton. With the green monstor and Justins power i think he could have  huge production for years playing in fenway.  Thoughts?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Personally i think we should try and make a run at Justin Upton again. With the Diamondbacks acquiring cliff pennington and health bell for chris young, Some believe that the Diamondbacks Starting outfield will be Kubel in left, adam eaton in center and parra in right. They will use JU to fetch a Long term starting shortstop or a starting pitcher. What do you guys think about a Iggy, webster and/or DLR and another prospect for justin upton. With the green monstor and Justins power i think he could have  huge production for years playing in fenway.  Thoughts?

Would you part with Bradley or Bogaerts as the "another prospect." 

That's probably the asking price, and it definitely should be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

What would it take to get Elvis Andrus?  I don't know.  Can he slug his way out of a wet paper bag?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Personally i think we should try and make a run at Justin Upton again. With the Diamondbacks acquiring cliff pennington and health bell for chris young, Some believe that the Diamondbacks Starting outfield will be Kubel in left, adam eaton in center and parra in right. They will use JU to fetch a Long term starting shortstop or a starting pitcher. What do you guys think about a Iggy, webster and/or DLR and another prospect for justin upton. With the green monstor and Justins power i think he could have  huge production for years playing in fenway.  Thoughts.

If Jose Iglesias is not long-term solution at shortstop for the Red Sox, why would Iglesias be "a long term starting shortstop" for Arizona?

The Diamondbacks have a younger and better shortstop prospect in Chris Owings.

Justin Upton will command a significant return in a trade.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

If striking out, making errors and having a high salary are tools, Justin Upton is at least a three tool player.  I wonder why AZ doesn't seem to be so high on him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Please...NO. An inconsistent guy who will demand top prospectS and will leave at the age of 28...No.

Sections
Shortcuts