What would YOU do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billsrul. Show billsrul's posts

Re: What would YOU do?

Depends on the kid.  If the kid's interested in getting an education, he should go to school.  If he just wants to go to school to play ball, then he should sign with the Sox...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to What would YOU do?:
    [QUOTE]Red Sox draftee Blake Swihart reportedly dreams of going to the University of Texas rather than signing with the Sox. Given the choice between spending four years in the most redneck state in America or signing with a major league team that's a legitimate postseason contender every year, what would YOU do?
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

I refuse to even travel to the South with all the hillbillies, rednecks and evangelical fanatics.  Forget building a wall at the Mexican border, we need a 12 ft wall at the Mason Dixon line.  If Swihart can't make up his mind Sox don't need him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Blake Swihart could play for a college powerhouse at one of the nation's finest public universities or sign with an organzation with some of the most provincial fans in baseball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to What would YOU do?:
    [QUOTE]Red Sox draftee Blake Swihart reportedly dreams of going to the University of Texas rather than signing with the Sox. Given the choice between spending four years in the most redneck state in America or signing with a major league team that's a legitimate postseason contender every year, what would YOU do?
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

Dave have you been to Texas especially Austin? I doubt it if you call it the most red neck.BTW Red neck is a state of mind not a location. Every state has red necks.
    Austin on the other hand has a main st. that when you drive down it with your windows wide open you get all sorts of sounds of music and not just CW.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: What would YOU do?:
    [QUOTE]dictionary definition: a member of the southern rural laboring class. another definition: blaming obama for the mess georgie w. made for the simple reason that obama is not white. another definition: a true redneck wouldn't even know the definition of 'moderate' or 'leftist.'
    Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]

OK you got  part right but blaming George for every thing is wrong considering what the Democratic controlled Sen and House did. Just remember who was and is in charge of the Fanny and Freddie money sink hole on the hill. I'll give you a hint from MA and has been there for a very long time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

And Uncle Bill signed the "Every one deserves a home" bill that crashed the housing market. So let's blame them all not just the one.
    Just like now I do't blame Obama for all of the garbage now but I do for some.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Redneck Highrise

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Personally, I would enter the University of Texas, thoroughly enjoy four years of great baseball and the outstanding academics offered.

Clearly the bigots on this thread throwing out the "redneck" tag on residents of Texas have never lived there. I lived in Dallas for 8 years, travelled extensively to Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Lubbock and know that Texas is far from redneck relative to other areas of the country, in fact it is a great State to live in, with a low cost of living, educated progressive people, avid sports fans, high tech, particulary Austin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Texas is also far too large to becalled a backwater redneck state. lul.

Since that's so funny, why don't you tell the readers which states are the "backwater redneck states"? Is it the Peoples Republic of NY? How about the Peoples Republic of MA? Is that a backwater redneck state? Are "Red States" backwater redneck states?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Although I did not particularly enjoy my visit to Texas, I think Austin is a great city (particularly the music scene) and I would advise going to college and getting the degree.  It is so much harder and much less life-altering to do it as an adult.  However, I have to agree that he would do so at the risk of losing out on a multi-million dollar bonus.  A blown ACL or torn rotator cuff, and he could be one sorry woulda-coulda-shoulda.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Texas is also far too large to becalled a backwater redneck state. lul. Since that's so funny, why don't you tell the readers which states are the "backwater redneck states"? Is it the Peoples Republic of NY? How about the Peoples Republic of MA? Is that a backwater redneck state? Are "Red States" backwater redneck states?
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

the only state that qualifies as red neck backwater is north carolina.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Softlaw doesn't live in NC however. He posts on the midnite shift from midnite to 6 am along with Harness and Burrito. My guess is that he lives in Oregon which is home to Jake and Jed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What would YOU do? : Dave have you been to Texas especially Austin? I doubt it if you call it the most red neck.BTW Red neck is a state of mind not a location. Every state has red necks. Austin on the other hand has a main st. that when you drive down it with your windows wide open you get all sorts of sounds of music and not just CW.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

I have to sgree Jim.I was stationed just outside of Austin for a year and a half when I was in the Air Force.I absolutely loved my time there.Plenty of bars with a diverse selection of music.I used to go into Armadillo World Headquarters,Oat Willies among others.Then some nights I'd take in a concert at Zilker Park.Saw some great shows there.Going to Texas from Conneticut,I expected nothing but Rednecks and country music,but boy,was I wrong. 
      If it wasn't for family here in the Northeast,I'd go right back down there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Texans are Texans--whom John Bainbridge once called the Super Americans.  They are like us, only more so. 

Obama was elected because Americans were not happy with a Republican President and because John McCain was seen as a little too old and maybe having poor judgment as evidenced by his choice of running mate. 

The financial crisis, the worse since the Great Depression, was the clear consequence of deregulation of banking and investment policies.  Both parties contributed to that, but the Republicans espoused deregulation much more avidly and still do.  They believe that Wall Street can do no wrong.  Maybe betterredthandead believes that too.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Maybe Goldman Sachs and the Obama administration are joing with strings, max.

The financial crisis was a result of horrible government monetary policy (entitlements) and regulations that required lending to people who couldn't afford it so that "every american could enjoy Marxism".

Those that believe in central government to save them and provide the utopia promised by the Democrat Party in each election cycle are part of the increasing number of Wards of the State. They believe that central government can do no wrong and can be the path to food, clothes, jobs, cars, houses and prosperity. They believe it to the tune of asking for something for nothing in every election cycle. The fruits of that are on the accounts receivable bank books of China. 

Our current visionary believes that the way to compete with China is borrow money from them and convert to the Marxist policies they dictate to their people. Remember, the President is your sugar daddy, he's their to help you with your dignity and your tolerance of those who agree with you.