What would you do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

What would you do?

You go to a game at Fenway and you catch a baseball,what do you do with it?Do you put in your pocket?Or,do you find a kid to give it to?

Just curious to find out what others think because a freind and I were discussing what each of us would do if we caught a ball.He said he'd keep it and I said,I'd give the ball to a kid unless it's a "milestone" ball.

If it's a 1st HR,1000 hit,pennant clinching HR,etc,those types of things are what I would consider a "milestone ball".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: What would you do?

Or,do you find a kid to give it to?

I might of had a different answer last week

but I must have see 4 or 5 little kids this week throw 

the ball onto the field  immediately after someone gave them the ball

the big smiles were priceless but

I most likely would bring the ball home and give it to kid

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

You go to a game at Fenway and you catch a baseball,what do you do with it?Do you put in your pocket?Or,do you find a kid to give it to?

Just curious to find out what others think because a freind and I were discussing what each of us would do if we caught a ball.He said he'd keep it and I said,I'd give the ball to a kid unless it's a "milestone" ball.

If it's a 1st HR,1000 hit,pennant clinching HR,etc,those types of things are what I would consider a "milestone ball".

Give it to a kid.  Why keep it?....it's a baseball...but to them it's something they'll remember for a LOOONG time....as will you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I caught a ball for the first time at a Rays/RS game. My son 39 took me to the game and he had just left to take a whiz. The ball pretty much landed on his seat. I kept the ball and signed it with the info from the game and it is now in a box where I keep all the stuff my kids and now grandkids have ever given me.

When I'm gone "My KID" will get the ball I caught.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'd give it to a kid, preferably mine. If it was a milestone ball, such as first hit, 400th home run, etc., I'd do my best to get it to the player who hit it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'd throw it at A-Rod :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I would give the ball to a hot chick.   LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I certainly wouldn't give it to Mark McGwire or Doug Mientkiewicz.  A kid, maybe.  Depends upon the kid, of course.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

well, if a player got his first major league hit such as homerun or ground rule double, or first homerun ever, etc...i would give it back to the player if he want it.  Then I would ask for something in exchange such as to have him to give me an autograph ball or autograph bat or autograph shirt.  

If it is a world series winning homerun, etc, I am sure they want it back badly.  I would try to exchange it with a season ticket for two seats or maybe wait a while and sell it to the team for money!!

But i wouldnt keep it for good.  I will try to get something in exchange depending how much value it could be

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I would take it home and give it to my dog, like Papelbon.

Stabbed by Foulke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Very situational.  Is the kid with his hot single mom?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

I caught a foul ball many years ago that I still have.  So now when I go a game I usually look around to see who I would give the ball to if I caught one. 

If a manager doesn't have confidence in his ball players, even when they're going badly, they're not going to have confidence in themselves. And when a ballplayer's confidence is gone, you haven't got a ballplayer - Birdie Tebbetts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I saw a video of a little boy who lost a ball at a Diamondbacks' game, and was crying hiding under his hat. Another little boy who purchased a ball at the park walked over and gave him his ball. I think they said the boy was a Giants fan. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. It made me cry. What a sweet little boy.

FTR after seeing that, how can any adult keep a ball?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

[QUOTE]

well, if a player got his first major league hit such as homerun or ground rule double, or first homerun ever, etc...i would give it back to the player if he want it.  Then I would ask for something in exchange such as to have him to give me an autograph ball or autograph bat or autograph shirt.  

If it is a world series winning homerun, etc, I am sure they want it back badly.  I would try to exchange it with a season ticket for two seats or maybe wait a while and sell it to the team for money!!

But i wouldnt keep it for good.  I will try to get something in exchange depending how much value it could be

[/QUOTE]

That's just about what I'd do with a milestone ball too.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Does anyone else find this a little over the top?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPL4P2rGbgc

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Does anyone else find this a little over the top?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPL4P2rGbgc

What a dumb***.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Syd. Show Syd's posts

I was at a Dodger vs Red Sox spring training game in 2006 and had a J.T. Snow foul ball land on the armrest between me and a Dodger fan. We both grad a piece of it and I let go. He then turned around and handed it to my two boys. He and his dad were life long fans who attended games at Dodgertown, Vero Beach, Florida. He saw how much my family was enjoying the game and wanted them to have something to remember the experience. We still have that ball and everytime we get to a game, the boys get it autographed. There is nothing better than seeing a kids face light up when you give him something special like a game ball.

You Don't Have to be a Rocket Scientist to work with NASA.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Syd's comment:

I was at a Dodger vs Red Sox spring training game in 2006 and had a J.T. Snow foul ball land on the armrest between me and a Dodger fan. We both grad a piece of it and I let go. He then turned around and handed it to my two boys. He and his dad were life long fans who attended games at Dodgertown, Vero Beach, Florida. He saw how much my family was enjoying the game and wanted them to have something to remember the experience. We still have that ball and everytime we get to a game, the boys get it autographed. There is nothing better than seeing a kids face light up when you give him something special like a game ball.

You Don't Have to be a Rocket Scientist to work with NASA.

Great story.  Again....I find it very odd when adults keep a foul ball.  Hand it to a kid....it's a baseball, not a gold watch.  One of the best things about going to a game is seeing little kids in the ballpark with their gloves on ready to get a baseball!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

I caught a ball for the first time at a Rays/RS game. My son 39 took me to the game and he had just left to take a whiz. The ball pretty much landed on his seat. I kept the ball and signed it with the info from the game and it is now in a box where I keep all the stuff my kids and now grandkids have ever given me.

When I'm gone "My KID" will get the ball I caught.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

Hi Jim,

You named your kid "39". 

Hetch

20. This post has been removed.