What would you think of this?Farrell as Sox manager

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

What would you think of this?Farrell as Sox manager

John Farrell as the Red Sox manager?I know the pitchers liked and respected him.Do you think he should be interviewed and possibly brought back?
       From MLBtraderumors.com:

2. Recently, Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos told Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca that they do not require rival teams to seek permission to interview their employees.  That leads Davidi (via Twitter) to believe that they would not seek compensation should John Farrell decide to leave for the Red Sox.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Re: What would you think of this?

As I Posted yesterday, I think he is exactly what the Sox need.  Trade the prospects obtained from Chicago for him and throw some money at Toronto as well.  It would be worth it, IMO.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: What would you think of this?

In Response to Re: What would you think of this?:
    [QUOTE]As I Posted yesterday, I think he is exactly what the Sox need.  Trade the prospects obtained from Chicago for him and throw some money at Toronto as well.  It would be worth it, IMO.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

I apologize for not seeing your post yesterday.I agree that Farrell would be a great candidate for the manager.He knows the players,knows the Front Office personnel and is probably more of a disciplinarian than Francona was.He's also aware of the pressure from the fans and media in this market and he seems like he can handle it.
      Plus,if Toronto's not going to ask for compensation,that makes it all that much better.
      It won't be a complete search if Farrell doesn't get a chance to interview,or at least be asked to.He may be comfortable in Toronto and want to stay there,but he deserves to be approached about the vacancy.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: What would you think of this?Farrell as Sox manager

Would Toronto let him go?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I'm not sure Toronto would let him go, but it is pretty certain Farrell wanted the Sox managerial job and left for Toronto only after Francona signed an extension.  How ironic.

I think it is Cafardo who suggested that Toronto is in a rebuilding mode.  In such a case, they might value prospects more than keeping Farrell as their manager.  The problem is that Toronto has zero interest in helping out a divisional rival.

Farrell would be the perfect man for the job.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: What would you think of this?Farrell as Sox manager:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure Toronto would let him go, but it is pretty certain Farrell wanted the Sox managerial job and left for Toronto only after Francona signed an extension.  How ironic. I think it is Cafardo who suggested that Toronto is in a rebuilding mode.  In such a case, they might value prospects more than keeping Farrell as their manager.  The problem is that Toronto has zero interest in helping out a divisional rival. Farrell would be the perfect man for the job.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]Farrell would be a great manager, no doubt. But I like Dave Martinez, DeMarlo Hale and Tony Pena a lot too.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I like him, too, but I must say it's amusing to see this. Many on this board were turning cartwheels when he left.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

if the jays let Pat Gillick,a hall of fame manager ,go to seattle for a new challenge after he won 2 world series with the jays they'd probably let farrel go if he told them it was an advancement in his eyes,without any compensation.Only question is would farrel desert the jays after they gave him a shot at the division with them,only farrel knows.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you think of this?Farrell as Sox manager : Farrell would be a great manager, no doubt. But I like Dave Martinez, DeMarlo Hale and Tony Pena a lot too.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I think Farrell is a great choice but I can't inagine Torono being the least biy helpful in the Sox rebuilding effort.

Hale- absolutely no chance, none... Pena/Martinez... maybe.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Toronto will keep him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Agree that he should be on the list, however if I were Farrell I would stay in Toronto. They are getting better and could be very sneaky good the next few years, less pressure in Toronto and he may not want to get back to Boston with the mess that is the Boston Red Sox right now.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to What would you think of this?Farrell as Sox manager:
    [QUOTE]John Farrell as the Red Sox manager?I know the pitchers liked and respected him.Do you think he should be interviewed and possibly brought back?    From MLBtraderumors.com: Recently, Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos told Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca that they do not require rival teams to seek permission to interview their employees.  That leads Davidi ( via Twitter ) to believe that they would not seek compensation should John Farrell decide to leave for the Red Sox.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

I don't think managerial consideration should be given to anyone that worked with Francona in the past. I can see Farrell instituting an 80 pitch maximum for starters. Many fans were very glad to see him go to Toronto, including me.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

If Farrell is interviewing for a managerial job outisde of the AL east division, Toronto would let him go.  But since Boston is the same division as Toronto, I guess either Toronto would ask for a compensation deal or wouldnt let go Farrell!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]If Farrell is interviewing for a managerial job outisde of the AL east division, Toronto would let him go.  But since Boston is the same division as Toronto, I guess either Toronto would ask for a compensation deal or wouldnt let go Farrell!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

I agree that it would be difficult for the Red Sox to sign Farrell as the manager.  Not sure what the Red Sox would have to give up for him.  I just don't think it would happen, but he would definitely be a good choice for the next manager of the Red Sox. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

It will be very difficult, but he would kick some 'you know what'. I always remember him on the mound pointing the finger or giving the pitchers an earful if they were not doing their job and executing correctly.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Apparently, Farrell intimidated some of the children on the pitching staff.
    Not the worst thing, given what's come out.
    I wonder if he'd be willing to be a puppet of the Three Stooges, who own this team?
    They're apparently obsessed with computerized statistics, and not what the eyes or gut tell anyone.
    Think of John Henry keeping his list of what he regarded as Tito's errors over the years. As if John Henry knows more than Francona in baseball matters!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Lackey and most of his contract as compensation + B prospects.  Done.  lets do this.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

posted at 10/23/2011 8:08 PM EDT
    First: 5/26/2008
    Last: 10/23/2011             

Carnie, I think they would. the jays went 81-81 right? and didn't someone say that it was more important to retain your players over retaining your manager. getting him back would be perfect.
    they just have to make him an offer he can't refuse.
    Would Toronto let him go?
    We'll never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest

• You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey and most of his contract as compensation + B prospects.  Done.  lets do this.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE] After dumping Well's contract  to the Angles offering Beckett and his contract would make them think about it.Offering Lackey would have them rolling in the aisles laughing.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you think of this?Farrell as Sox manager : After dumping Well's contract  to the Angles offering Beckett and his contract would make them think about it.Offering Lackey would have them rolling in the aisles laughing.
    Posted by iamme17[/QUOTE]

No doubt.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Still to close to the current situation.  Like him but not now still not far enough removed.  Can't believe that the same things weren't happening when he was sitting in the Sox dugout.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I heard them discussing this on the radio today and according to their sources Toronto wouldn't be opposed to Farrell interviewing for the position.  That has to be good news.  Just not sure what they would want from the Red Sox in return if they decide to hire him as their next manager.