Whats ailing Drew?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Whats ailing Drew?

Been out of the loop on vacation and read he might be DL...why isnt he on it yet? Its been what over a week? Hammy still? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Whats ailing Drew?

In response to georom4's comment:

Been out of the loop on vacation and read he might be DL...why isnt he on it yet? Its been what over a week? Hammy still? 

He is, now. Drew was put on the DL, today. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

But Farrell said he is hopeful he will play on Saturday.....am I missing something?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

But Farrell said he is hopeful he will play on Saturday.....am I missing something?

[/QUOTE]

Yup. I missed on that one

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Hamstring failed test today, hence DL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This is odd because people where twitting he look alright doing drills. I think that it was just that he need another day or two and they really wanted a 12th pitcher.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Drew was overly-healthy right up until 2011 therefore we should expect him to healthy now..... or so I am told by his fans.

what does this even mean?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

DL'd. I believe it was retro to 6/28. What's ailing Drew is his name. He's a Drew.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Drew was overly-healthy right up until 2011 therefore we should expect him to healthy now..... or so I am told by his fans.

[/QUOTE]

How many times have you sighted his durability prior to 2011? Maybe 25 times... as if it were relevant to 2011-12-13.  

The dude can't stay healthy.

[/QUOTE]

The dude has been heathly. He had a mandiatory concussion DL to start the season. Discounting that he has been on the DL for this injury, braking his ankle at home plate, and one prior time. That is been over a 8 year career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

How many times have you sighted his durability prior to 2011? Maybe 25 times... as if it were relevant to 2011-12-13.  

The dude can't stay healthy, he will still be having his 'sprint training' in August and batting .220

What I stated was true. Hes been durable over his 8yr career. Besides a Concussion, hes missed about 8-10 games due to injury for the Sox. Yeah, thats a lot...

Pedey has played 942 games starting in 2006 Drew has played in 878 since 2006 and took a year off for his ankle missing another full year (159 games). Seems like they both "cant stay healthy" then.

Its not like he has little nagging injuries year in and year out was my point.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If the Red Sox trade for a 3rd basemen there is no way Iggy isn't the starting short-stop. I wonder if Drew can handle the utility role... probably he would be okay with it, seems like a team guy

He might be trade bait. who knows. Im sure he will play wherever they want and farrell will do whats best for the team, not the player. Hes proven that already.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

Yea me to . Two or three reports yesterday said he would more than likely play tomorrow.

The injury reports all year have been a little on the shady side.

And yet you came here insisting my opinion about the injury was dead wrong. I am not only a doctor but also a veteran of several hamstring injuries incured over 45,000 miles of running over my lifetime. I am not bashing Drew about this. Hamstring injuries simply take a while to heal, sometimes a long while. One took me two months before I could run again. I am not saying that Drew's injury is the same as mine, but I am saying that I have researched this kind of injury fairly completely because it has affected me personally so often. Some medical people say that hamstring injuries never really heal because the scar tissue that forms permanently causes the muscle to misfire and makes it more prone to reinjury. It would not surprise me to see lingering effects of this injury even after the ASB.

Furthermore, I don't have much respect for the job the medical people are doing for this team. Although they have been partly replaced over the last year or two, they still use the same hospital personnel and therefore practice a similar style of medicine to those buffoons who blew Ellsbury's diagnosis and allowed Pedey back on the field too early. And when they tell us something like "Farrell is hopeful" or that "Xrays were negative" without getting an MRI, we may not be getting the full story, not that we are entitled to it. Take what they say with a grain of salt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

It must be something that runs in the family.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

weird though...trying to get injury info on this team is like trying to get classified info during the Cold War...all this secrecy is unnecessary....the other reason is more troubling - the medical staff is just incompetent and cant diagnose anything right...

just when he was hitting well again...

As always - 100% correct!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

weird though...trying to get injury info on this team is like trying to get classified info during the Cold War...all this secrecy is unnecessary....the other reason is more troubling - the medical staff is just incompetent and cant diagnose anything right...

just when he was hitting well again...

As always - 100% correct!

We are not entitled to medical information about the players. There are a few reasons for that: the players are also patients and are protected under HIPAA laws-same as for you and me. Second, there may be circumstances that revealing a players true injury status might put the team at a competitive disadvantage. For example, it looks to me that Victorino's hamstring injury has not completely healed. He is not stealing bases like he used to, and he is not being put in motion as often. If that is true and the opposition knew it, they might not pay as much attention to him when he is on base.

As for the incompetence of the medical staff, well, there is a reason they were turned over a year ago.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I think the same thing his brother had, a little talent but bodies that just can't hold up to play sports every day.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

He can stay on the DL as long as he wants.  Iglesias is fine in his place and  Snyder is getting it done at 3rd.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup. I missed on that one

[/QUOTE]

This is from today's BDC:

Shane Victorino left the game with tightness in his left hamstring, an issue that bothered him at various points throughout the season.

Both here and in the game chatroom I have been saying that something is wrong with Victorino and I said I bet its his hamstring that never fully healed. This statement today confirms it. Hamstring injuries last a very long time sometimes. It would not surprise me to see Drew not ready to return, or at least not fully healed, until August.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Geo., They could be holding him out pending a deal. Ya think? Maybe? He's a FA in less than three months.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to eggplants' comment:

Geo., They could be holding him out pending a deal. Ya think? Maybe? He's a FA in less than three months.

Are you saying that NOT PLAYING him is the best way to showcase him??? LOl now that is harsh...

there's always hope but given his salary and injury history the last three years, it will be more like a giveaway than a trade...my guess is we have to sweeten the pot in some way to get anyone good because Drew alone certainly wont get that type of talent

Sections
Shortcuts