Whats ailing Drew?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Re: Whats ailing Drew?

Geo, no,no,no......... not playing him enables the sox to in effect rest the tender Hamstring risking no further injury. He'll be off the DL by the end of July and ready for a new enviornment. The Hammy will be O.K., the aquiring team will be happy and Steve Drew will be off to a new city for a couple of months or so.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to eggplants' comment:

Geo, no,no,no......... not playing him enables the sox to in effect rest the tender Hamstring risking no further injury. He'll be off the DL by the end of July and ready for a new enviornment. The Hammy will be O.K., the aquiring team will be happy and Steve Drew will be off to a new city for a couple of months or so.

i like your positivity

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Geo., This is the "SHOW" anything's  possible in the "SHOW". Ever hear of the LA Dodgers? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

What's wrong with Stephan Drew? Where do you want me to start? He can't hit his weight and he can't field his position! He is just another overblown member of the Drew family tree. Hopefully they are trading him somewheres where they can get value in return.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

In response to georom4's comment:

[QUOTE]

Been out of the loop on vacation and read he might be DL...why isnt he on it yet? Its been what over a week? Hammy still? 

I think the same thing his brother had, a little talent but bodies that just can't hold up to play sports every day.

[/QUOTE]

based on what info? sorry craze, this statement is no where near factually correct.

The comparisons to his brother just need to stop.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Hamstring failed test today, hence DL.

His hamstring didn't fail as much as his hitting did...... Hopefully it can keep him out for a while.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Been out of the loop on vacation and read he might be DL...why isnt he on it yet? Its been what over a week? Hammy still? 

A young SS named   IGGY  !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Fact: Drew is a much better than average hitter for a shortstop, even this year.

Average AL shortstop 249/301/361 = 662 OPS

Drew 233/313/409 = 722 OPS

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Fact: Drew is a much better than average hitter for a shortstop, even this year.

Average AL shortstop 249/301/361 = 662 OPS

Drew 233/313/409 = 722 OPS

That places him FOURTH in the AL among SS with a minimum of 100 PAs. He is also FIFTH in OBP in the same group. These numbers are not great, but considering what is out there, we actually have one of the best available players at that position (assuming Iggy is our 3B).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Geo., Here comes Drew, right on time to audition for his new job. He'll be gone soon, unless the RS ask for too much before the deadline. He should fetch a near ready OF'er either LH'er or RH'er  and good catch and throw skills.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

It figures I would be at the game for Drew's return....I was sitting literally under the scoreboard in the last bleacher row but I could feel his mediocrity from back there.....Iggy makes that play at short in the first and throws out the runner later on at third - instead Drew double pumped it...he was pretty lousy at bat too...first time I have seen a Yank-Sox game since 1978 I believe....Oh well it was actually quite nice up there with the strong winds blowing...tomorrow we take the game and series

As always - 100% correct!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

BiddefordJoe, WELCOME ABOARD. Looking forward to looking at your stuff.Let it go and get ready for some  blowback.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Drew shouldn't be taking up playing space unless he's being shopped.  Otherwise, Iggy and Holt (.290) are better for the team.