Whats Ellsbury Worth?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dublin_Sox. Show Dublin_Sox's posts

Whats Ellsbury Worth?

Just wondering what everyone thinks Ellsbury is worth. A careeer .300 hitter with speed to burn and showed a ton of power last year. That said hes made of glass, always injured. Average arm. Last year was obviously a total anomaly. Is he worth more than $10m per year given the fact hes always hurt?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Whats Ellsbury Worth?

My guess is he'll get at least $75M/5 on the open market.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Veritas007. Show Veritas007's posts

In Response to Whats Ellsbury Worth?:
    [QUOTE]Just wondering what everyone thinks Ellsbury is worth. A careeer .300 hitter with speed to burn and showed a ton of power last year. That said hes made of glass, always injured. Average arm. Last year was obviously a total anomaly. Is he worth more than $10m per year given the fact hes always hurt?
    Posted by Dublin_Sox[/QUOTE]

Overrated player who leads the league in failing to get a runner in from 3rd with less than 2 outs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

A first or second round and sandwich pick...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dublin_Sox. Show Dublin_Sox's posts

Scratched from tonights game. That kid is seriously made of glass. He gets "rested" or injured if he plays 4 games in a row FFS. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

A buck-two-ninety-eight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Whats Ellsbury Worth?:
    [QUOTE]A first or second round and sandwich pick...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]That's probably right. In my dreams he could bring back The King.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Scratched from tonights game. That kid is seriously made of glass. He gets "rested" or injured if he plays 4 games in a row FFS. 
    Posted by Dublin_Sox[/QUOTE]

He's missed one game since his return.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

He'll get $18 mill a year, and be overpaid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Based on the Crawford contract, he's worth more than Crawford, that has always been the problem, the Crawford contract. Good old Bench Mark Theo, by divine providence establishes the highest value for average ball players, not the best player, the best average player.

Guess who will be bidding for Jacoby's services post 2013 , ah yes The Chicago Cubs. Jacoby knows it, Boras knows it,  Henry knows it, and Theo knows it. The final act, the dagger in the heart, the Cubs sign Ellsbury. 100% guaranteed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]He'll get $18 mill a year, and be overpaid.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

One of the many reasons to let him walk...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Ells is worth something between Victorino and Pence. 

Moneywise to overpay for a CF when the Sox have the making of a home grown player in JBJ in Portland only really a step away is crazy. If Ells is DL'd again this season I would give Bradley a call-up. Or send a message to Boras and Ells make plans sooner than later for post 2013.

If Ciriaco stays next year you could have him bat leadoff, with CC, Pedroia and AGon... then bat JBJ in the 9 spot. You would still have good speed without Ells.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Too early to tell, he needs to prove he can be healthy and not sit out when he gets a boo boo.

If he were a FA last year, he would have been asking for 200 and probably settling for 150......today, his value has plummeted.....He may have to settle for a 1 year deal if this was his walk hear.......But to be safe, I'd say he ends up getting somewhere b/t Drew's deal and Crawford's deal and I think at this point it will be way too risky........If we didn't have CC I could afford the risk............Can't have that much risk though on one team......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Too early to tell, he needs to prove he can be healthy and not sit out when he gets a boo boo. If he were a FA last year, he would have been asking for 200 and probably settling for 150......today, his value has plummeted.....He may have to settle for a 1 year deal if this was his walk hear.......But to be safe, I'd say he ends up getting somewhere b/t Drew's deal and Crawford's deal and I think at this point it will be way too risky........If we didn't have CC I could afford the risk............Can't have that much risk though on one team......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Befroe signing with Boston, Ellsbury was nowhere near the player Crawford was.  Yet somehow after one tremendous season and one injury-plagued one, ellsbury might be worth Crawford money.

Let another team pay him.  Either ride out his deal and take the picks, or move him this month and run up a white flag. He'll never be worth more in a trade than he is today...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]My guess is he'll get at least $75M/5 on the open market.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

With Scott Boras as his agent, I believe that he will get more years and dollars. 

Scott Boras even made Chan Ho Park rich.  lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Ellsbury from last year was probably worth $20 M per year with the increased power numbers and RBIs, but this year he has gone back to looking like the 10-15 home run guy he used to be.

His injuries have been real as he got clobbered by Beltre and the dude did bust his shoulder.  He does not sit out for hangnails, etc.  Even last night he could play (and did) so Valentine should have been to blame for Ellsbury not playing.

At this point in time, he will get claimed on waivers so the Sox will only be able to trade him to the one team that is awarded his his contract.  Whatever team it is will likely low ball the Sox since they will have been backed into a corner.

No use settling for a mediocre prospect now when he will likely bring at least a decent draft pick in the 2014 amateur draft and he might have another real good season next year as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury from last year was probably worth $20 M per year with the increased power numbers and RBIs, but this year he has gone back to looking like the 10-15 home run guy he used to be. His injuries have been real as he got clobbered by Beltre and the dude did bust his shoulder.  He does not sit out for hangnails, etc.  Even last night he could play (and did) so Valentine should have been to blame for Ellsbury not playing. At this point in time, he will get claimed on waivers so the Sox will only be able to trade him to the one team that is awarded his his contract.  Whatever team it is will likely low ball the Sox since they will have been backed into a corner. No use settling for a mediocre prospect now when he will likely bring at least a decent draft pick in the 2014 amateur draft and he might have another real good season next year as well.
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

We can trade him to any team this winter for better prospects than the one we are likely to get in the 2014 draft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Els will get giant dough cause the market will pay it. We all know he's had one fantastic season and that is all. But he will get payed and I think it will be somewhere between 15-18 mill a yr. I wouldn't count out NY, Granderson will be 33 at that time. Els could play LF for them and his swing was made for that park. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Too early to tell, he needs to prove he can be healthy and not sit out when he gets a boo boo

If you want to hate the guy, that's fine, but these are collisions, not boo boos.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whats Ellsbury Worth? : We can trade him to any team this winter for better prospects than the one we are likely to get in the 2014 draft.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I would hope so, and that would be my plan as well.  Remember, if a team acquires him after the season starts, they would not be able to get a draft pick when he walks.  That is why the Sox can get more value by trading him in the off-season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I'm wondering if Boras has told him not to steal bases for the rest of the season.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Befroe signing with Boston, Ellsbury was nowhere near the player Crawford was.  Yet somehow after one tremendous season and one injury-plagued one, ellsbury might be worth Crawford money. Let another team pay him.  Either ride out his deal and take the picks, or move him this month and run up a white flag. He'll never be worth more in a trade than he is today... Notin, it has to be tough to admit the obvious. You are 100% correct. You have courage, to say what you just said to all those pink hat fans who get a little moist when watching the next Ted Williams.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

All your KK K buddies giving you a hard time because you were loving on him so much before they pointed out he's Native American???

Oh...  & by "light in his loafers," they meant he's really fast  :)

Ease up soft one!

You don't have to try so hard to look ignorant!!!  You're a natural!!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts