What's up all

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What's up all

I must admit since last season ended I've been in full Patriot's mode and have been paying very little attention to the happenings on Yawkey Way.  If those in the know could grade our overall off season acquisitions and give a general feel if you think we are better today then we were at the end of September it would be greatly appreciated.....thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: What's up all

we're going nowhere Tcal...trust me....

we were better off blowing up this fatcat team and playing the kids...instead we have bloated Papi/beckett/youk/lester/and the entire weight watchers bullpen back to remind us of 2011 misery...

we did get rid of the hardest working player last yr (marco) and our best pitcher (paps)....

but hey we got Cody Ross and some other guys Steve Buscemi picked from the phonebook...

Pray Bobby V works his magic....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thanks for your assessment georom4.  Hopefully we have a strong April, something we havn't had in a few years.  I think that has set the tone for 2 bad years.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Hard not to have the potential for post season play, with a near quarter of a billion dollar a year payroll! That said, this team is a loser team with loser prima donna profiles like Ellsbury and Slackey. My hope is that they are terrible in the first half, unlikely, and they blow it all up and retain the few parts that Valentine sees can be built around. As soon as they trade Ellsbury and write off Slackey, the Red Sox will immediately become a better baseball team.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Position by postion (assuming good health):

C - will do same or better
    1B - same or slightly better
    2b - same
    3b - significantly better
    SS - same
    LF - (fingers crossed) significantly better
    CF - same or slightly worse (which would still be great)
    RF - significantly better
    DH - same
    bench - significantly better

Pitching difficult to assess in the same way due to role questions around Bard/Aceves, but to simplify:

Out:  Papelbon
    In: Bailey, Melancon, (healthy) Buchholz, (healthy half season) Matsuzaka/Hill

That's a net pitching gain, and we might add more.

Overall, should be a significant improvement over 2011.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

In Response to Re: What's up all:
    [QUOTE]we're going nowhere Tcal...trust me.... we were better off blowing up this fatcat team and playing the kids...instead we have bloated Papi/beckett/youk/lester/and the entire weight watchers bullpen back to remind us of 2011 misery... we did get rid of the hardest working player last yr (marco) and our best pitcher (paps).... but hey we got Cody Ross and some other guys Steve Buscemi picked from the phonebook... Pray Bobby V works his magic....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I intend on going to Pawtucket to watch baseball this year. My friend Rod from Cranston knows of this great Italian restaurant in Providence that puts Momma Leone's to shame.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

CF - same

Won't happen, as teams will adjust to this prima donna who took 2010 off to help protect his FA contract pursuit. Red Sox need better starting pitching depth and RH OF young star power for the future. The sooner they ship out Ellsbury the sooner they get on planning for a better future without loser team aura.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

what's up tcal, how have you been after that whole debacle a few Sundays ago? The Sox may look the same but I think there may be a much different atmosphere with this club. Regarding hankwilliamsjr here I don't see how teams adjusting to a man's personality effects his play, but ok. Why ship Ellsbury out when he was one of our best hitters, what alterior motives do you have because you don't like him for, well, basically no reason at all.

My big prediction is that Dice-K could have a good bounce back year and be a solid #3 or 4 starter with era around 3.00

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Hey freediro,  another opportunity lost with the Patriots.  GRONK's injury was huge but it was winnable game.

I think the Sox have as good a chance as anyone.  I think Bobby V will have a huge impact on righting the ship.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Waiting for the Oswalt signing to strenthen the starting ro.  Last two seasons we've had bad luck with injuries which, especially last season with Buchholtz out for 1/2 the season, kept us out of the playoffs.  If we have better luck in that area, look for the Sox to be in the post-season show 2012.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]CF - same Won't happen, as teams will adjust to this prima donna who took 2010 off to help protect his FA contract pursuit. Red Sox need better starting pitching depth and RH OF young star power for the future. The sooner they ship out Ellsbury the sooner they get on planning for a better future without loser team aura.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

No doubt, but the forum will also adjust to your prima donna lameness as well. The sooner we ship you out, the sooner we get on planning for a better forum without a loser aura. Meanwhile, I think the Sox will win more games this year than last, and may surprise us. Whether or not that means a deep PS run is still up for grabs. The first 15 games of this season are going to be murder. Detroit, Toronto, TB, NYY, Texas.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]we're going nowhere Tcal...trust me.... we were better off blowing up this fatcat team and playing the kids...instead we have bloated Papi/beckett/youk/lester/and the entire weight watchers bullpen back to remind us of 2011 misery... we did get rid of the hardest working player last yr (marco) and our best pitcher (paps).... but hey we got Cody Ross and some other guys Steve Buscemi picked from the phonebook... Pray Bobby V works his magic....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

LOL  HEY look out for the Boston Royals .....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Seriously, Geo,

How were the Sox supposed to blow everything up?  If they traded away the players you are having issues with they would have to eat their contracts ... hamstringing them in both talent and money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I think this team will be better than last season as we will have pitchers who were injured back. That was IMO the biggest problem last season. This was a great team last season and, for the most part, all will be be back again this season. If we don't suffer as many injuries last year, we will be giving a lot of teams a lot of problems. I'm sure the guys who were out, can't wait to get back in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]CF - same Won't happen, as teams will adjust to this prima donna who took 2010 off to help protect his FA contract pursuit. Red Sox need better starting pitching depth and RH OF young star power for the future. The sooner they ship out Ellsbury the sooner they get on planning for a better future without loser team aura.

Hank, 

You're such a tiresome negative little troll. Like your idiot buddy Geo-Anal-therm your going into the "ignoretrash bucket" like Geo so please do not waste your time responding because I won't be able to read it on INORE. 

Good bye TROLL !! 

Hetchinspete. Very blatant ignorer of all Trolls 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Quite likely it wont happen again.  What Ells did last year has only been done 6 or 7 times in the histiry of the game.  If I am right, only one player duplicated the numbers.

That being said, and with the adjustments you mentioned - which any half brained baseball fan, including me - if will be tough for Ells to duplicate.

However, THAT IS NOT A KNOCK ON HIM!!!  

To FORCE teams to treat you differently is  mark of ACCOMPLISHMENT!

Your insistence that he is a prima donna is like the farmer standing out in his field.

No, not outstanding - JUST ALL ALONE!!!!

Ells is THE REAL THING.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]Hard not to have the potential for post season play, with a near quarter of a billion dollar a year payroll! That said, this team is a loser team with loser prima donna profiles like Ellsbury and Slackey. My hope is that they are terrible in the first half, unlikely, and they blow it all up and retain the few parts that Valentine sees can be built around. As soon as they trade Ellsbury and write off Slackey, the Red Sox will immediately become a better baseball team.  

Ignorance is forgivable.

Stupidity, mixed stubbornness is not.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts