What's up with all the HIDPs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRuleTheRoost. Show SoxRuleTheRoost's posts

What's up with all the HIDPs?

Is it just my imagination, or are the Sox getting an inordinate amount of HIDPs? And why aren't our supposedly fast players not stealing bases? Where do the Sox rank with the rest of the league in HIDPs? At least lately we've had a lot of HIDPs. Our fast players may as well attempt a steal. Especially if they are going to get punched out in a HIDP. Keep those defenses honest, perhaps that will open some holes for our hitters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: What's up with all the HIDPs?

Bad teams do that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Where do the Sox rank with the rest of the league in HIDPs?

If you honestly don't know, try baseball-reference.com

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: What's up with all the HIDPs?:
    [QUOTE]Bad teams do that.
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that in response to the DPs?  Do you know how many HIDPs we have?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Bad teams do that.
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]
    Then I guess the Sox are not a bad team. Going into tonight's game, the Sox had the third-fewest ground into double plays.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Actually they are in the bottom of the league for HIDPs but they seem to come at worst time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRuleTheRoost. Show SoxRuleTheRoost's posts

In response to "Re: What's up with all the HIDPs?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's up with all the HIDPs? : Then I guess the Sox are not a bad team. Going into tonight's game, the Sox had the third-fewest ground into double plays. Posted by royf19[/QUOTE] Thanks for the input. Guess we just hit into a bunch the last few games. Hope it levels back out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRuleTheRoost. Show SoxRuleTheRoost's posts

In response to "Re: What's up with all the HIDPs?": [QUOTE]Where do the Sox rank with the rest of the league in HIDPs? If you honestly don't know, try baseball-reference.com Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE] Thanks, Joe. I really didn't know. I was trying to be lazy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: What's up with all the HIDPs?": Thanks, Joe. I really didn't know. I was trying to be lazy.
    Posted by SoxRuleTheRoost[/QUOTE]
    Sox rule

Please do not be lazy there are far too many here already that say stuff and ask questions and expect others to do the leg work which we do....PLEASE DON"T be one

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

They ranked #1 in the MLB for most extra Base hit, #6th lowest GDP (HIDP), #7th fewest ground ball hits, etc!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's up with all the HIDPs? : Sox rule Please do not be lazy there are far too many here already that say stuff and ask questions and expect others to do the leg work which we do....PLEASE DON"T be one
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

You don't have to do the leg work.  There are some on here who enjoy looking this stuff up.  Not everyone knows where to go for every stat they may be interested in.
    For instance, i am curious on more details of the sox first inning dififculties this year, like where they rank in 1st inning era and their record in games when they do/don't give up runs in the first.  I don't know where to find this, but some do.  Should I ask you first to find out if my question makes me too lazy for JimfromFlorida.

Sections
Shortcuts