What's with Francona's love affair with Bobby Jenks (Jinx)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

What's with Francona's love affair with Bobby Jenks (Jinx)

First of all, can somsbody tell me why Francona took Wakefield out of the game after 5 2/3 innings? He was pitching as well as I've seen him pitch in a while. Then Francona replaces him with Bobby Jinx (who gave the game away just 2 days prior) and once again we whitnessed a repeat performance. The guy is horrible as was Francona's decision to pull Wakefield.

Personally, I would like to see Joe Madden manage the Red Sox. Look what he has done over the years with far less talented players and roughly a 45 million payroll. The guy is awesome. I welcome you feedback.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Re: What's with Francona's love affair with Bobby Jenks (Jinx)

In Response to What's with Francona's love affair with Bobby Jenks (Jinx):
    First of all, can somsbody tell me why Francona took Wakefield out of the game after 5 2/3 innings? He was pitching as well as I've seen him pitch in a while. Then Francona replaces him with Bobby Jinx (who gave the game away just 2 days prior) and once again we whitnessed a repeat performance. The guy is horrible as was Francona's decision to pull Wakefield. Personally, I would like to see Joe Madden manage the Red Sox. Look what he has done over the years with far less talented players and roughly a 45 million payroll . The guy is awesome. I welcome you feedback.
    Posted by lifelongsoxdawg

This was so blatant by Francona, that maybe the front office will wake up and admit that he is an absolute liability. He is the oppositions best weapon against the Sox winning.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Good for you fans, why not go onto to your site and pat each other on the back and leave redsox fans alone?

In Response to Re: What's with Francona's love affair with Bobby Jenks (Jinx):
    Another Sox fan who has perfect hindsight vision. We Yankee fans trust Girardi and are loyal to him. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Posted by MikeyinQueens

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

jenks needs to be cut today

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

I think some of should relax a little. Sure Jenks is terrible right now and should not be brought in to pitch in close games. But he shouldn't be cut. He should be switched with Wheeler and pitch only in mop up roles until he pulls his head out of his @ss.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I do not think he needs to be cut yet, but the way he is being handled is down right crazy. francona's run needs to be over as he is absolutly horrible in game decisions

I think some of should relax a little. Sure Jenks is terrible right now and should not be brought in to pitch in close games. But he shouldn't be cut. He should be switched with Wheeler and pitch only in mop up roles until he pulls his head out of his @ss.
    Posted by tartarus12

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's obvious to me the guy simply isn't following through with his pitches - that's why everything is up and away (to lefties)........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the man was throwing smoke...tweak his mechanics a bit and he will be fine....i thought he looked good but seattle was patient...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

I cringe when I see this guy warm up in the pen.  Why would Epstein give him
    $ 12 mil for 2 years?  3 straight walks,  a hit, a run, opponents hitting .333 against his meatballs, era 9.35, hard to believe he has only 2 blown saves.  Why would Tito ever bring him in?  See the Bobby Jenks Sucks forum--Chicago was so glad he is no longer their problem--he has become a long term achiever at blowing games.  Jinx has gotta go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I can't tell you why he went with Jenks ... I don't get that, either. But as for removing Wake, I do get that. He was at 76 pitches, and his highest pitch count all season had been 64. But I don't get why Tito didn't go with Albers in the 6th. Outside of Paps, he's been our most effective reliever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

White Sox fans have hated this guy for a long time now

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

And the alternatives to Jenks were?  Paps?  Bard?  You have no choice but to go with the guys in the BP.  If they don't pitch well, then they don't pitch well.  If the only thing you do is to go to the guys pitching well, then you burn out 2-3 guys, and the guys that are pitching badly, will continue to pitch badly because they won't have the work.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I always felt the proper thing to do is go with those who are cutting it. Ya don't put those who aren't in a critical situation.

After Jenks last debacle, he should have been utilized in lower-leverage situations until he regains his form.

Nice to see Albers going two, instead of automatically going to "the 8th inning guy" (Bard).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Jenks clearly has issues, but early in the season is the right time to test him--to get one measly out in the 6th.  Albers stayed in for two innings because it was a tie game.  If the Sox had had the lead, Bard would have pitched the 8th. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

If it was "one measly out in 6th", why didn't Tito entrust it to Wake?

Not staying with Albers, regardless of the score, could have been detrimental.
    Managing by role definition over who's pitching well at the time is proving to be faulty when nobody has proven to be the go-to guy who can consistently bridge the game to Paps.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]It's obvious to me the guy simply isn't following through with his pitches - that's why everything is up and away (to lefties)........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE
    You got it right.  Buchholz has the same problem.  Jenks says he'll look at a video to see what's wrong.  I assume you didn't need a video. Neither did I.  Were the catcher and Young even watching?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

BRING BACK OKI!!!

Sections
Shortcuts