What's with the love for Iglesias?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strangeglove. Show Strangeglove's posts

What's with the love for Iglesias?

The guy batted 105 last year with one homerun. 105!! What's his offensie upside? - 175 with a couple of doubles?  Even Ozzie Smith wouldn't make the majors with hitting like that. And to Jose: I knew Ozzie Smith, and you sir, are no Ozzie Smith. - To the minors with ya I say!

Me, I likes Pedro C. Fast, decent fielder, seems to hit for average with a little pop. shouldn't he be our opening day SS??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: What's with the love for Iglesias?

the Iglesias bubble may burst very soon.  If he doesn't magically learn to hit this winter, its another year in Pawtucket.  And, by that time, Boegarts may be ready.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to Strangeglove's comment:

The guy batted 105 last year with one homerun. 105!! What's his offensie upside? - 175 with a couple of doubles?  Even Ozzie Smith wouldn't make the majors with hitting like that. And to Jose: I knew Ozzie Smith, and you sir, are no Ozzie Smith. - To the minors with ya I say!

Me, I likes Pedro C. Fast, decent fielder, seems to hit for average with a little pop. shouldn't he be our opening day SS??

I'm in complete agreement with you. They need to include Iggy in a trade just to get him off people's minds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You have to watch him play. The guy is a sensational shortstop.  Given a chance , he has improved his hitting at every level. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy2006. Show judy2006's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

You have to watch him play. The guy is a sensational shortstop.  Given a chance , he has improved his hitting at every level. 

This!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I think they are hoping he's going to hit.

Mainly they love his glove.

SO, it should be the glove of Iglesias , not the love of Iglesias for now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

When you're right you're right. However, it took him most of 2 years to even start to figure out how to hit in AAA, so it may be a bit of a long term project getting him hitting at the ML level.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Bogearts is no career MLB SS. But Iglesias is. Desipte a decade of trying to employ a slugging SS who isn't a SS, an elite fielding SS who hits .190 will provide more season long net run prevention/produced indexes than a .300 plus OF/1B/3B fielder will provide. The incompetent Red Sox still don't know that.  

But Ben c. didnt make all these SS moves from 2000's to today.  Now he is going to try to find a long term SS.  For now, he know this year isnt the year to do it.  That s why Ben C. may just leave Iggy/Ciriaro at SS for now until if Bogearts is capable to play at SS or move to 1B or LF

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Also noteworthy: his hitting improved tremendously last year.  Went from atrocious to bad. Thats a giant leap in the right direction.  .260 in AAA last year, after .230 the year before.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

You are absolutely right. The fundamentals are there and he numerous balls put in play that were hit well but right at people. He puts the ball in play as well as anyone on the team.

I can guarantee you you he will have more hits than strikeouts. The same can't be said for Napoli or Gomes!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i think its time to fish or cut bait with iggy. let him start the year and judge 2 things. how well he hits (obviously) and how much his glove helps our pitching staff. then compare and determine the best course of action. good news is ciriaco would make a respectable SS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think it is worth the effort to see if he improves his hitting.  It is not costing the Sox much to keep him down there and who knows...maybe a miracle occurs.  They could also let him start the year at SS and either he sinks or swims but either way they make the final decision. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to traven's comment:

I think it is worth the effort to see if he improves his hitting.  It is not costing the Sox much to keep him down there and who knows...maybe a miracle occurs.  They could also let him start the year at SS and either he sinks or swims but either way they make the final decision. 

exactly. im sick of hearing it about him. one way or another it has to stop. just play him and be done with it. if he sucks then we finally know and can use that roster spot better and if his hitting improves and his defense is as advertised then even better

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

I agree, I dont understand it either.  Seems like just about everyone on this board loves him but other boards I go too not so much.  If only they would allow us a designated fielder??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Bogearts is no career MLB SS. But Iglesias is. Desipte a decade of trying to employ a slugging SS who isn't a SS, an elite fielding SS who hits .190 will provide more season long net run prevention/produced indexes than a .300 plus OF/1B/3B fielder will provide. The incompetent Red Sox still don't know that.  

Why does Everyone say Bogaerts is "Too big" too play SS?? He is 6'3 175 pounds. Troy tulowitzski is 6'3 and 215 pounds and plays a great SS. Bogearts is more than capable of playing SS in my view and will be a good if not great SS throughout his Career. Igelsias Couldnt hit his way out of Wet paper bag. But im ok with giving him the Everday job in hopes of him proving me wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Trade Iggy along with Salty and a prospect or two for a good arm; bring up Xander now and play him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

He doesn't have much more time. One more year, thats it. This is a good year for him to prove he can hit the baseball because the team is in rebuilding mode. I would not mind him being packaged with Ellsbury and Salty for some good pitching.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

i think its time to fish or cut bait with iggy. let him start the year and judge 2 things. how well he hits (obviously) and how much his glove helps our pitching staff. then compare and determine the best course of action. good news is ciriaco would make a respectable SS

I'm with you on this one though I'd say Ciriaco has a good chance to be somewhere between slightly above average to 'not terrible' over a larger sample size. So between the two we should be okay at least long enough to figure out plan B and the upside is pretty nice.  Let's roll the dice and cross our fingers. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Why does Everyone say Bogaerts is "Too big" too play SS?? He is 6'3 175 pounds. Troy tulowitzski is 6'3 and 215 pounds and plays a great SS. Bogearts is more than capable of playing SS in my view and will be a good if not great SS throughout his Career. Igelsias Couldnt hit his way out of Wet paper bag. But im ok with giving him the Everday job in hopes of him proving me wrong.

He just turned 20 and I think its more like 6'4 and 200LBS now...Still, his defense isnt that good at SS, but improving. I like him as a LF in Fenway in 2 years.

As far as Iggy goes. We have power at 1st and 3rd, Gomes in LF and a good contact hitter in SV in RF (for now) add Papi and thats were power will come from. Ross, Ells, Pedey and Iggy up the middle is about as good as it gets defensively.

Since theres nobody ready, Id give Iggy at least until the dealine to see how he does offensoively. That is unless they sign Drew to a 1 year deal. I just wouldnt trade Iggy just yet. hes hit a respectable abount at every level and I think he will in MLB as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strangeglove. Show Strangeglove's posts

Thanks for all the posts. I still remind you folks that he hit 105 in (ok only) about 100 AB's last year on the major league level. Lets give him another 100 or so AB"s in Spring Training. If he hits, what, 240 or so (?) he stays. If not, Pawtucketville.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I think they have to give him a shot.  If he is hitting 160 in June, then down he goes.  If he is hitting 220 the job is his for the year.

I imagine Ciriaco will get his share of starts as well, just to keep some of the pressure off.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

He just turned 20 and I think its more like 6'4 and 200LBS now...Still, his defense isnt that good at SS, but improving. I like him as a LF in Fenway in 2 years.

As far as Iggy goes. We have power at 1st and 3rd, Gomes in LF and a good contact hitter in SV in RF (for now) add Papi and thats were power will come from. Ross, Ells, Pedey and Iggy up the middle is about as good as it gets defensively.

Since theres nobody ready, Id give Iggy at least until the dealine to see how he does offensoively. That is unless they sign Drew to a 1 year deal. I just wouldnt trade Iggy just yet. hes hit a respectable abount at every level and I think he will in MLB as well.

I like him better in right. I think his arm is too good for left field and he'd be a little wasted on that side of the outfield.

Sections
Shortcuts