Wheeler was called "horrible" by 2 Main Board Bullies. Does anyone know what Wheeler's 2011 WHIP is?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Wheeler was called "horrible" by 2 Main Board Bullies. Does anyone know what Wheeler's 2011 WHIP is?

Anyone know? Must be horrible and way off career average?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Wheeler was called "horrible" by 2 Main Board Bullies. Does anyone know what Wheeler's 2011 WHIP is?

someone keeps calling Ellsbury a bad ballplayer too and cant give facts to back up his claims..You stated Ells was looking for 25mil per, but have yet to back that up...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Wheeler was called "horrible" by 2 Main Board Bullies. Does anyone know what Wheeler's 2011 WHIP is?

He was really bad for two months, and has been good since then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler was called "horrible" by 2 Main Board Bullies. Does anyone know what Wheeler's 2011 WHIP is?:
    [QUOTE]He was really bad for two months, and has been good since then.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

WHIP for 2011 = 1.07.

Hetchinspete.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

On DL, was never bad for "2 months".

Never said Ellsbury was bad, offended purveyor of hyperbole. Overrated and career averages are what he is, you betcha. You were quiet a year ago and are loud now. You will be quiet again. Ellsbury is not going to be extended for signed as a FA, and will ask for north of Crawford and will not get any serious offer from Epstein. Live  with it and learn to dote over Crawford, even though he doesnt moisten pinkies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler was called "horrible" by 2 Main Board Bullies. Does anyone know what Wheeler's 2011 WHIP is?:
    [QUOTE]On DL, was never bad for "2 months". Never said Ellsbury was bad, offended purveyor of hyperbole. Overrated and career averages are what he is, you betcha. You were quiet a year ago and are loud now. You will be quiet again. Ellsbury is not going to be extended for signed as a FA, and will ask for north of Crawford and will not get any serious offer from Epstein. Live  with it and learn to dote over Crawford, even though he doesnt moisten pinkies.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

he was bad in april 8+ era and may 7+ era

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

3rd ludicrous thread from board fabricator, who claims Jake's season is the result of AGONE. Gives false data. 43% BS.
    Idiot has low baseball knowledge.
    Looks at Wheeler WHIP in garbage innings and tries to make 3-mil deal look good. Fool.

How does Wake's WHIP rate among all Boston starters this year?
    In non-janitorial service.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Remember when softy was bashing Wake's "mop up duty" data?

I never called Wheeler "horrible".  He is doing much better now.

All I said was that softy said Wheeler's signing was a great deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

3 mil for janitorial service is not a good signing.
    Every time Softone tries to find a loop hole, he ends up hanging himself.
    He must be a terribly, conniving "lawyer"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]3 mil for janitorial service is not a good signing. Every time Softone tries to find a loop hole, he ends up hanging himself. He must be a terribly, conniving " lawyer "
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

LOL, the forum resident troll for years who bashed Jed and Jake for attention is now worrying about forum bullies. Poor Softlaw , Poor Softlaw. Yet his act and charade was sanctioned for years by forum regulars. It must get lonely in the late night hours for oldtimers with nothing else to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

sanctioned?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Wheeler had a DL stint and was not healthy for "the month of May".

Bottom line, the two board bullies defended Jenks and applauded his contract. I said Wheeler was a good value signing. His WHIP, most importat for relievers, is proof that he most certainly was.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Another lie. I never applauded Jenks. You backed what's become a garbage collector...with a good WHIP.

What's his WHIP in the few high-leverage situations he was in?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I admit I thought the Jenks signing was OK. He was never high on my list.
    I liked Guerrier, Crain, Putz, Fuentes and several more above Jenks and Wheeler, but some cost too much and some would nopt have accepted a noncloser role.

Wheeler has done very well recently, but the guy was MIA for part of the year and has not pitched  effectively or often in important situations much at all this year. Out of 177 PAs by opponents, only 14 have been high leverage. The opps have a 1.448 OPS against him in those 14 PAs. If this was Wake in relief, we'd never hear the end of it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I admit I thought the Jenks signing was OK. He was never high on my list. I liked Guerrier, Crain, Putz, Fuentes and several more above Jenks and Wheeler, but some cost too much and some would nopt have accepted a noncloser role. Wheeler has done very well recently, but the guy was MIA for part of the year and has not pitched  effectively or often in important situations much at all this year. Out of 177 PAs by opponents, only 14 have been high leverage. The opps have a 1.448 OPS against him in those 14 PAs. If this was Wake in relief, we'd never hear the end of it.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I recall saying similar last year. I wasn't posting when they signed Jenks, so I don't know who else was realistically available at the time. Like CAM 2010, he can't be judged in a season of ill-health...which is why he is Softnut's prey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah harness, you were all over Jenks from the tracks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

That was Jinx! Not Jenks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

LOL. 

Funny how he is making stuff up as he goes. It's gotten so absurd, it's not even funny anymore. It's pathetic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He's eroded and is showing is ugly side like the picture of Dorian Gray.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's been eroding for quite sometimes, but when you consider how he stared on shaky loose footing to begin with, his world has crumbled like a dry coffee cake in the hands of gorilla.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I love those Drake's coffee cakes!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I prefer Honey Buns.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I prefer Honey Buns.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Funny. I was just watching Heidi in the replay...
    How'd U know?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I liked the Wheeler signing from the beginning. He's been a consistently good reliever for his whole career, and how many of those are there? Plus he grew up a Red Sox fan, so he gets props there.