When Albers was Recalled from the DL, Who would you have sent down, Wakefield or Aceves?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

When Albers was Recalled from the DL, Who would you have sent down, Wakefield or Aceves?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Re: When Albers was Recalled from the DL, Who would have sent down, Wakefield or Aceves?

Why on earth does anyone care if Wakefield has been out of options for decades. He's also out of pitching.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: When Albers was Recalled from the DL, Who would have sent down, Wakefield or Aceves?

And UR out of ideas.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Re: When Albers was Recalled from the DL, Who would you have sent down, Wakefield or Aceves?

Why hasn't Tito gone to Wakefield? He's fresh, and a real "innings eater".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

Re: When Albers was Recalled from the DL, Who would you have sent down, Wakefield or Aceves?

How about Oki-useless!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Nice to see that this Board has such an ardent demand for opportunity and merit. Wakefield has endless opportunity and Aceves has merit. Wakefield has not merit and Aceves has been denied opportunity. Oki has had one outing, so he deserves at least a couple more opportunities.

That's the "good ole boy" standard, in full force.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd put Wheeler (6.1  11.37 ERA) on the phantom DL or leave Albers where he is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

That's the "good ole boy" standard, in full force.

More racist code words from the clown.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Nothing "racist" about the "good ole boy" standard.

I see you will write anything to keep good ole boy Wakefield on the active roster. Very, very sad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Francona has certain loyalties and Theo goes along with it.    Aceves is being worked as a starter at Pawtucket in case anything happens to the 1-5 starters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

They are trying to use Aceves as a starter in AAA, like Doubront. It makes more sense have him ready if some one gets hurts. He can always going back to pitch 2 innings it is hard to be able to going back to pitching 7.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

As David Byrne would say, "stop making sense!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

can you even send wake down? hasnt he been in the majors too long for that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Softy's a mess.

He meant Wake released vs Aceves sent down, but he's so blinded by hate, he can't put two thoughts together.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Wakefield can be sent down if he agrees to it. Slav, leave it to you post "hate" in every single response. That's par for your generation. Very distrubed and sad.

Tonight, Jenks was on fumes and Albers was marginal. Aceves would have been a real asset. Too bad the pen only has 6 players who can come and not bounce the ball to the backstop. Wakefield needs to go, in a bad, bad way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

this is seriously a no brainer and honestly this whole loyalty over productivity approach is wearing thin. Wakefield is useless. plain and simple. Aceves has been good for us out of the pen and provides us with versatility as he can go multiple innings if need be. He has one of the best era's on the team and yet he is sent down over a guy who has an era over six and has allow 8 runs in 10 innings. And ya last night it would have been to great to have aceves as he could have provided with some quality innings and maybe saved us having to use one of our other relievers. this team needs all the help it can get in order to win games right now. sending down one of our most effective relievers is unjustifiable and wrong over a guy who has been aweful and is a waste of a roster spot. enough is enough. put the best team on the field. send down wakefield and call up aceves. look what happened when we went with lowrie over scutaro. that worked out pretty well for us. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Scutaro wasn't sent to AAA, nor has Lowrie been playing everday SS. The rest of your post is on the money. Thank you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Wakefield can be sent down if he agrees to it. Slav, leave it to you post "hate" in every single response. That's par for your generation. Very distrubed and sad.

You know you want him cut, not sent down. You've said it 100+ times.

"Hate" is the appropriate word for you and your buddies like Beck and Limbaugh.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

No, "Hate" is the appropriate word for you and your buddies, like Obama and Dean. The reason is you use it all the time for anyone who disagrees with you.

I like Tim Wakefield, he just stinks as a baseball player and is a waste of a roster spot. I'd rather he agree to AAA, as the sunk cost is spent and it's not likely a trade would get a vat of potato salad. But if an NL team would offer some stale potato salad and a B grade pospect in single A, Theo should take it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Oki was odd man out.  Pretty striaghtforward, and discussed elsewhere.  You need a #6 more than a LOOGY, and you need a #6 of questionable value more than a LOOGY of questionable value.

If you need a #6 and Wake is gone, you have nothing.  If you need a lefty and Oki is gone, you have Hill or Reyes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

BaseballGM he is not. Right now Aceves is more important to RS being stretched out in case of injury to one of the starters. Right now RS are thin behind the starting five, w/ Doubront and his ST elbow concerns, not sure he would be answer at this point. Bowden, Miller, or Brandon Duckworth not sure would be the answer right now either. We're not even into May yet, so I'm not worried about a players era for 3 weeks of April baseball, I'd prefer to have someone ready to step into rotation if someone were to go down which seems to have happened every year since 04. That's what a smart BaseballGM would do, once Aceves is stretched out come June 1 let him join RS if someone is still pitching poorly. Now we have help for pen plus someone who could step in for spot start if needed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No, "Hate" is the appropriate word for you and your buddies, like Obama and Dean. The reason is you use it all the time for anyone who disagrees with you.

I disagree with many posters here and only have called you a "hater".
    I know you can't understand simple English, but I have told you many times, I did not vote for Obama and will not vote for him this time either.
    You obviously are to mixed up to have any clue.

I like Tim Wakefield, he just stinks as a baseball player and is a waste of a roster spot.

I don't really like Wakefield that much. He has never been one of my favorites, but he has been a vry good pitcher, even as he ages. I don't want him on the playoff roster or starting a clutch game. I just relaize that most teams use 15-20 pitchers each year, and he has value in this regard, but you seem to think we have 20 guys bettr than him. Te reason I appear to be a Wake lover is that so many are constantly bashing him, even when he does well. When people bashed Oki and Dice-K, I defended them as well. It's just that your memory is faulty and you assume that if anyone criticizes these two, they are racists.

I'd rather he agree to AAA, as the sunk cost is spent and it's not likely a trade would get a vat of potato salad.

If he would agree to AAA, I'd say yes as well. Aceves is he better choice, but he has options. At this very moment, I still think Wake may be better than Reyes, Oki, Albers, Douby, and maybe even Lackey or Dice-K (after we see their next 2-3 starts). The issue is none of these guys I just listed are sure things, and I want to have as many chances to find a decent replcement as possible should they bomb. Aceves has very good talent, but has had injury issues and supposedly motivational issues as well. If he gets hurt, I will be happy we kept Wake and the others around.

But if an NL team would offer some stale potato salad and a B grade pospect in single A, Theo should take it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from robert444. Show robert444's posts

All the above comments can be handled in one easy manner. Replace Francoma with someone who knows baseball and how to manage a game.This type of person will know how to handle a bull pen and who should be in it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

be specific.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Moon, why don't you care for Wake? You said you didn't like him that much.
    In what capacity?

Sections
Shortcuts