When are the drop dead dates for these decisions?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

When are the drop dead dates for these decisions?

We know that Theo is reported to be considering the Cubs offer of President-GM. When is the drop dead date for him to say yes or no, for John Henry to give his support to Theo for 12 and for the new Red Sox Manager to be named?

I for one would like to get all these issues settled asap so we can move on to the roster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: When are the drop dead dates for these decisions?

I think within 30 days you will see the GM situation settled, with a promotion coming from within. The managerial process will be settled before Christmas if not much sooner.

It seems crazy right now but before you know it it will all be done with.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to When are the drop dead dates for these decisions?:
    [QUOTE]We know that Theo is reported to be considering the Cubs offer of President-GM. When is the drop dead date for him to say yes or no, for John Henry to give his support to Theo for 12 and for the new Red Sox Manager to be named? I for one would like to get all these issues settled asap so we can move on to the roster.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Great question and it would be great to have this resolved soon.  If Theo does leave the Red Sox, it would take John Henry sometime to find his replacement. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

SE, i think it's just a matter of them not wanting to step on the ongoing postseason...those decisions could already be hammered out and are being held off through the WS...i say about a week or two after that, somewhere between the league awards....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: When are the drop dead dates for these decisions?:
    [QUOTE]SE, i think it's just a matter of them not wanting to step on the ongoing postseason...those decisions could already be hammered out and are being held off through the WS...i say about a week or two after that, somewhere between the league awards....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Jete,
    I agree my take is that Epstein's headed for Chicago and will assume a role similar to Lucchino's and Cherington will be the Sox new GM...I have no clue whom the manager will be...more than lileky it'll be someone with a resume similar to Francaona's. the key here is to have the manager on board soon and then finding the right guys to man the coaching poistions (pitching etc.) Ideally they'll be in place before Thanksgiving so they can help in recruiting and setting up the offseason programs for those returning...

The first critical date is the teams exclusive negotiating period with pending free agents...Teams have five days from the completion of the World Series to make offer to their own players before other teams can get in on the fun...So my guess is that they're currently at work either preparing offers for Papi and Papelbon or at minimum deciding if they'll offer them arbitration and there after they have time to get their house in order and begin rebuilding the roster for the 2012...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Theo is under a contract for one more year with the organization.  Therefore there is no date for him to leave.  But I am sure that Boston need to resolve this as soon as possible cuz they need to have a ready GM to start the winter meeting season. Remember Theo already caused this simular problem like five years ago where there was no GM being on duty during like first month to two months of the winter season.  Instead Larry L. and Werner took over the GM duty for a short time, and they were the ones that pulled a trade for Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell.  

So therefore, Larry L./Werner/Henry isnt going to mess this up again!!

I strongly think that they all were kinda of playing game and hoping that the Cubs could violates the MLB policy by interviewing Theo without Boston's permission.  So that way Boston can get a good compensation deal with the Cubs!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to When are the drop dead dates for these decisions?:
    [QUOTE]We know that Theo is reported to be considering the Cubs offer of President-GM. When is the drop dead date for him to say yes or no, for John Henry to give his support to Theo for 12 and for the new Red Sox Manager to be named? I for one would like to get all these issues settled asap so we can move on to the roster.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

You mean so THEY can move onto the roster. They will take as long as they want to. I suggest that you follow football, hockey, and basketball to keep yourself busy. Rake your lawn, tune up the snowblower, put the ice scraper into your car, and bring in some firewood. Take some time off from the forum and read a good book.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

For Theo's situation, it is completely up to Red Sox ownership

They do not have to allow Theo to leave at all

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Teams need to start making decisions about 5 days after the World Series ends.      The Sox should have a general manager and field manager in place before then to begin with player personnel moves.