When BDC Gets Control Of The Forum I Will Come Back....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

When BDC Gets Control Of The Forum I Will Come Back....

Until Then Take Care True SOX Fans.....Go Boston.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: When BDC Gets Control Of The Forum I Will Come Back....

I think this means farewell then. This forum requires a willings to put up with bizarro moderation....Take care and Go Sox.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

No offense intended, as I think 56 is a pretty good guy (at least from what I recall, as I don't pay attention to personalities very often).

BUT.....  "taking control" tends to scare me off.  As far as I'm concerned, BDC HAS TAKEN CONTROL, visa vi "this post has been removed," and quite frankly it's the most obnoxious thing I've ever seen in my life.  I find it 10 times more obnoxious than the most obnoxious posters, i.e. Stiffy, Bill, Selenium / Pike, and a whole host of characters with their copycat monikers.  I absolutely HATE censorship!!!!  Why do grown men need to have their "FEELINGS" protected so???  Un - flipping - real!  The folks that are to blame for the problem are the same folks constantly squeeling about "ban this person," or "ban that person." 

The very people who have been crying about BDC needing to take control (present company excluded, as I don't know where 56 has stood on this issue in the past), are the very people who have made this site almost intollerable.  Once the "brownshirting" began, it has gradually spiralled out of control, due to the (p)it for tat nature of the whole thing.  Now 50% of the conversations have devolved into personal pizzing matches, both sides calling for the other to be banned.  It is beyond juvenile.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant!

Most rational thinkers quickly see who the true nut cases are!!!!  So, unless you're simply having fun bagging on Stiffy and his guy pal Bill, you need to just jack down about the whole thing.  Let it go!  Who really cares what an obvious nut case has to say about you???  Let it go!

As for BDC "taking more control??????"   That is the absolute LAST THING this board needs more of!  

THIS POST SOON TO BE DELETED (for who the heck knows what reason)! 

a personal sideroad...... 

For those who care, it's very much like the current state of affairs with the mass media.  The news is more often than not seriously biased by the sin of omission!  BDC is the king of omission and deletion.    There is so much news in the media that is purposefully being either not reported or severely under-reported, so the public gets a very one sided view of things (partisan and ideological).  No big deal for most adults, as our views are fairly well entrenched).  BUT for those under the age of 25 or 30, I see this as a clear and present danger to this country.  I would feel the same if your ox were being gored btw......  Not only is this dangerous, but it's profoundly insulting to see the MSM so dismissive of the silent majority / 40%.  I guess when you have a more than willing choir to preach to, you tend to start believing the autobiographical reviews on the spectacularly enrapturing sermons you serve up on a daily basis???  If I were like minded, I would be profoundly insulted about the msm thinking I'm so dumb that all they have to do is feed me the raw meat I crave night in & night out.  This happens on both ideological sides btw....  Whether it be MSNBC or FOX.  While MSNBC is padded cell time, Fox has a clear bias (yes! even in their regular "reporting."  Both sides help to balkanize this country....  Very sad!  Why???  The MSM abdicated it's responsibility by putting us all on a forced decidedly left of center diet for so long.  we all got hungry to hear the other side, as we're not nearly as stupid as the msm assumes we are.  Now the news has become one big pizzing match, and nobody trusts anybody else.  For good reason.....

I HATE CENSORSHIP!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS DAD would say ........  "SON, you might have to take your skills to SOUTH BEACH" !!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from einrac. Show einrac's posts

Looking for posters who want to discuss baseball on this forum.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i expect an MEF smurf soon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from einrac. Show einrac's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

MEF=BIG ZERO

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to einrac's comment:

MEF=BIG ZERO

if you can't step to someone intellectually, just follow them around and insult them.

how old are you??

response: MEF=BIG ZERO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from einrac. Show einrac's posts

MEF=BIG ZERO

if you can't step to someone intellectually, just follow them around and insult them.

how old are you??

response: MEF=BIG ZERO.

See, all your schooling did come in handy. Correct answer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Good luck.  I find myself coming in here less and less.  There is so little BB being discussed now.  When people like Softlaw and Bill go on a bender, they wipe out every single BB discussion.  When the season starts, and the real RS fans return, Bill and softie will fade into the background.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Good luck.  I find myself coming in here less and less.  There is so little BB being discussed now.  When people like Softlaw and Bill go on a bender, they wipe out every single BB discussion.  When the season starts, and the real RS fans return, Bill and softie will fade into the background.

i hope so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

He took shots at southpaw of all people, he stalks me, stalks carnie, and now is harrassing mef.

I'd have to say that everything I ever complained about with him more than 18 months ago was dead accurate. He is every bit the worm I saw even then. 

he is obviously just a kid. or an immature teenager. no baseball acumen, his only knowledge is copy/paste and when people disagree with him he smurfs their name and spams the board. I've met enough brats online to know one when i see one. now run on off to bed 2004, it's past your bedtime mister!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yip. Me too. I come here rarely, and when I do, it's usually to post some kind of joke about the state of the forum. The Pats forum has "Ricky" aka "Godverment" and he makes pike look like a grade schooler when it comes to pure non-sports/controversial/political trolling. He's the only poster on any forum I'm on that I actually have on ignore. But it just shows the state of things. The arguing/insults are part of the fun to a point, and I laugh at them more than anything else. But this guy takes it to a new level, one that is super duper mega lame and not worth looking at.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This place will always be chaos and havoc.  It was when I first logged on to it in 2007 and it still is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

I feel the same sometimes, but then I get all ticked off and become determined that I'm not going to let -EdithBunker-/2004Idiot/whatever smurf name he's made up today kill this forum. Then again maybe I'm killing it by taking this clown on. He does seem to thrive on the attention.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

MEF=BIG ZERO

posted at 3/22/2013 8:42 AM EDT

• 2004Idiot
    • First: 3/12/2013
    • Last: 3/22/2013

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to ArtCarnie's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

spam

and not even funny

actually they're very funny.

The only thing that's funny is that you actually think you might be fooling anyone.

I repeat:
    Art Carney is regarded as one of the finest comic actors in television history.

Comedy is very important in one's life. Art Carney is most remembered for the simple-minded, effusive, and charismatic character of Ed Norton who played a foil to Jackie Gleason's Ralph Kramden on the situation comedy The Honeymooners.

I chose his name for my moniker in dedication to the smile he brought me and millions of fans of his.

You are not Art Carney.

Please do not confuse yourself with this great actor.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Joe , Come on back, please........   Heck, I think that some of these threads is because we are in the final days of S T and we are all ready for the final roster & get going on 4/1 ................    Also, I will say that the BDC people need to come to the middle here as they are just too far LEFT and that is what creates the problems...... The lib/left say what they want, and then they expect everyone else to keep quiet and fall in line......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Joe , Come on back, please........   Heck, I think that some of these threads is because we are in the final days of S T and we are all ready for the final roster & get going on 4/1 ................    Also, I will say that the BDC people need to come to the middle here as they are just too far LEFT and that is what creates the problems...... The lib/left say what they want, and then they expect everyone else to keep quiet and fall in line......

They only people who bring up politics here are you and softlaw.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

They only people who bring up politics here are you and softlaw.

SO !!!   Doesn't make us BAD people.......  I see where the "BIG GUY" left 200MIL back in Jordan yesterday !!!

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/news/politics/general/80/990

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Forums like these are a reflection of society ( although a smaller more condensed slice ).

Society is losing it's intelligence. More people watch reality T.V. and spend their lives on Facebook and Twitter ( I read on a new site article about social media that many teens spend at least 6 hours a day on social websites!). De- evolution is spiraling our intellect downward at an alarming rate. I work with the public and have for over 30 years. I see a terrible lack of common sense and an increasing amount of people who live to punk others off.

What's the answer? As all of society veers away from intelligent conversation and visits forums to punk others off, and just make themselves general nuisances, the answer becomes clear. As Joe and our O.P. have done either stop coming here completely or cut back severely.

The loss of intelligent , savvy baseball minds is sad for all of us ( even those strongly opinionated toward ownership, management or players, like myself) ..because regardless of whether you disagree with an opinion, it is still a valid opinion and should be a basis for discussion.

I have disagreed on many subjects with JoeBreidy, my good friends, HFSoxnut and BILL806...but I enjoy discussions and hearing oppsosing views. What good is a discussion if we don't have some disagreements?

The biggest problem is that too many non-Red Sox topics are allowed to see the light of day. These should be pulled immediately.....which would include this one...although it is a valid complaint that I agree strongly with.

Is censorship required? Well, yes, because too many log on and act like immature children. BILL806 gets a lot of criticism, but I like that he has a sense of humor, and does , in fact, start off his posts as BASEBALL subjects....altough sprinkled with his goofy political humor.

Sections
Shortcuts