When BDC Gets Control Of The Forum I Will Come Back....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: When BDC Gets Control Of The Forum I Will Come Back....

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Forums like these are a reflection of society ( although a smaller more condensed slice ).

Society is losing it's intelligence. More people watch reality T.V. and spend their lives on Facebook and Twitter ( I read on a new site article about social media that many teens spend at least 6 hours a day on social websites!). De- evolution is spiraling our intellect downward at an alarming rate. I work with the public and have for over 30 years. I see a terrible lack of common sense and an increasing amount of people who live to punk others off.

What's the answer? As all of society veers away from intelligent conversation and visits forums to punk others off, and just make themselves general nuisances, the answer becomes clear. As Joe and our O.P. have done either stop coming here completely or cut back severely.

The loss of intelligent , savvy baseball minds is sad for all of us ( even those strongly opinionated toward ownership, management or players, like myself) ..because regardless of whether you disagree with an opinion, it is still a valid opinion and should be a basis for discussion.

I have disagreed on many subjects with JoeBreidy, my good friends, HFSoxnut and BILL806...but I enjoy discussions and hearing oppsosing views. What good is a discussion if we don't have some disagreements?

The biggest problem is that too many non-Red Sox topics are allowed to see the light of day. These should be pulled immediately.....which would include this one...although it is a valid complaint that I agree strongly with.

Is censorship required? Well, yes, because too many log on and act like immature children. BILL806 gets a lot of criticism, but I like that he has a sense of humor, and does , in fact, start off his posts as BASEBALL subjects....altough sprinkled with his goofy political humor.

Thanks ZILLY.........   Baseball & fun is what this board is all about !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Forums like these are a reflection of society ( although a smaller more condensed slice ).

Society is losing it's intelligence. More people watch reality T.V. and spend their lives on Facebook and Twitter ( I read on a new site article about social media that many teens spend at least 6 hours a day on social websites!). De- evolution is spiraling our intellect downward at an alarming rate. I work with the public and have for over 30 years. I see a terrible lack of common sense and an increasing amount of people who live to punk others off.

What's the answer? As all of society veers away from intelligent conversation and visits forums to punk others off, and just make themselves general nuisances, the answer becomes clear. As Joe and our O.P. have done either stop coming here completely or cut back severely.

The loss of intelligent , savvy baseball minds is sad for all of us ( even those strongly opinionated toward ownership, management or players, like myself) ..because regardless of whether you disagree with an opinion, it is still a valid opinion and should be a basis for discussion.

I have disagreed on many subjects with JoeBreidy, my good friends, HFSoxnut and BILL806...but I enjoy discussions and hearing oppsosing views. What good is a discussion if we don't have some disagreements?

The biggest problem is that too many non-Red Sox topics are allowed to see the light of day. These should be pulled immediately.....which would include this one...although it is a valid complaint that I agree strongly with.

Is censorship required? Well, yes, because too many log on and act like immature children. BILL806 gets a lot of criticism, but I like that he has a sense of humor, and does , in fact, start off his posts as BASEBALL subjects....altough sprinkled with his goofy political humor.

Thanks ZILLY.........   Baseball & fun is what this board is all about !!!

I think you missed the part about posters "playing games????"

i.e.  starting 5 threads per day, most of which are already topics of discussion on this board, but some narcissists NEED TO make every thread ALL ABOUT THEM???

This is the immaturity that Zilla was alluding to!  Time to wake up little boy.  Your DAD would think you're acting like a child.  My guess is that he would be profoundly embarrassed by your conduct on this board?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Why do you feel the deep seeded NEED to steal the spotlight rather than comment on another guys thread? 

I've never met a gentleman of your advanced age who is more insecure and narcissistic.  It's all about you billy, all day long......  It really gets old!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Why do you feel the deep seeded NEED to steal the spotlight rather than comment on another guys thread? 

I've never met a gentleman of your advanced age who is more insecure and narcissistic.  It's all about you billy, all day long......  It really gets old!

WOW...........  All this over a baseball "opinion" board.......  Please, stop the crying !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

WOW...........  All this over a baseball "opinion" board.......  Please, stop the crying !!

Oh little billy-69....  If you could simply stick to baseball opinions.  If you could simply stick to non-demagogic socio-political opinions???  BUT...  You're incapable.  You generally end up sounding foolish and immature.

The worst thing about an insecure narcissist is their desperate NEED for attention.  Like a petulant child, they don't care how they get it.  Sooooo.....  we all have to put up with you starting 5 - 10 repetative threads per day, desperately trying to shift the attention to yourself.  Making every thread about YOU.  How pathetic is this???  :)  WOW!

It's stunning to think that you are a senior citizen.  I routinely work with more mature 2nd graders on a daily basis.  LOL.....  You're a peach :) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

The answer is:

Talkin' Baseball (Willie, Mickey & "The Duke") Lyrics

by Terry Cashman. From 61*

Talkin' Baseball (Willie, Mickey & "The Duke") by Terry Cashman
    The whiz kids had won it,
    Bobby Thompson had done it,
    And Yogi read the comics all the while.
    Rock n roll was being born,
    Marijuana we would scorn,
    So down on the corner
    The national past-time went on trial.

Refrain:
    We're talkin' baseball
    Kluzuski Campanella
    Talkin' baseball
    The man and Bobby Fella
    The Scooter, the Barber, and the Newc
    They knew them all from Boston to Dubuque
    Especially Willie, Mickey, and the Duke.

Well Casey was winning,
    Hank Aaron was beginning,
    One Robbie going out, one coming in.
    Kiner and Midget Cadell,
    The Thumper and Mel Parnell,
    And Ike was the only one winning down in Washington.

Refrain.

Now my old friend
    The Bachelor
    Wee he swore he was the Oklahoma Kid.
    And Cookie played hooky
    To go and see the Duke,
    And me I always loved Wil Willie .
    Those were the days.

Well now it's the 80's,
    And Brett is the greatest,
    And Bobby Bonds could play for everyone.
    Rose is at the Vet,
    Rusty again is a Met,
    And the great Alexander is pitching again in Washington.

I'm talkin' baseball,
    Like Reggie, Cueez(?) and Berry,
    Talkin' baseball,
    Carew and Gaylord Perry,
    Seaver, Bobby Schmidt and Vida Blue,
    If Cooperstown is calling, it's no fluke.
    They'll be with Willie, Mickey, and the Duke.
    Willie, Mickey, and the Duke. (Say hey, say hey, say hey)
    It was Willie, Mickey and the Duke (Say hey, say hey, say hey)
    I'm talkin' Willie, Mickey and the Duke (Say hey, say hey, say hey)

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.