When can Drew be trade?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: When can Drew be trade?

Drew doesn't need to be traded but Iggy definately needs to start against left handed pitching and if Middlebrooks doesn't pick up his hitting he could be headed back to Portland to chill with Bard. Although I must admit watching Drew strikeout 5 times in a game wasn't enjoyable! They gave Napoli a game off and it's time for Drew to take one off also.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think a newly signed FA cannot be traded until June 15th.

I'm wondering if Ben has been working the phones on this one.

Sox4ever

I have no doubt that "Ben is working the phones" to trade their only SS depth for a prospect that might help the team out in "2015 and beyond," when they have the 2nd best record in baseball.  

You might want to give up the "realistic" trade proposals for at least another month.  Did you ever think that maybe the Sox view a little healthy competition at SS & 3rd as a good thing, or that if they trade Drew right now, you're banking on two guys (Middlebrooks & Iglesias) who have never played a full season in the Majors and have had some injury history?  What if one of them goes down? Are you ready for Holt or Ciriaco to play full time?  Oh that's right, we can just bring up Boegarts or Marrero or scan the waiver wire since they aren't "serious" contenders anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Holt is hitting better than Drew. So yes!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i see the Drew loyalists have been reduced to "competition is good" arguments...by next month it will be "he's a good clubhouse guy" and by the trade deadline it will be "its too late now and we might as well keep him"

dumb

As always - 100% correct!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

I want to start getting his bag ready.

Look it up and see when he's eligible if you are that interested. Look under FA eligibility to be traded with their permission.

If you want Drew moved is it because of his name, or he's no good, or not a good teammate or just because you would rather see him traded because he can bring back more and better prospects?

Perhaps you think that will open up a spot for Iggy at SS? What happens if the incentive to work hard at SS causes Iggy to freefall below the Mendoza Line after scouts begin to find the cracks in his pitch selection. I would be more inclined to option WMB who is not as good defensively as Drew or Iggy and figure out how to get his average above .200 and improve his fielding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

So Will Middlebrooks can play every day? Please.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

i see the Drew loyalists have been reduced to "competition is good" arguments...by next month it will be "he's a good clubhouse guy" and by the trade deadline it will be "its too late now and we might as well keep him"

dumb

He's producing more than Will Middlebrooks. If you trade Drew, you want Middlebrooks to play every day? No sir.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

[QUOTE]

dumb

He's producing more than Will Middlebrooks. If you trade Drew, you want Middlebrooks to play every day? No sir.

[/QUOTE]

WM has produced more last year than Drew has since 2009...so yes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

When will folks understand that it's very difficult to trade underperforming players and get anything back? 

There's really no point in trading Drew right now for a bag of balls. You keep him and hope he builds on some of his improved play. 

Folks are acting like this is the worst signing ever. It wasn't great but it was nowhere near the legendary multi-year overpays...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

We don't need to trade our depth just to start Iggy.  What if Drew or Middy are injured?  If Iggy plays well the rest of the season I don't think Farrell would hesitate to play Iggy over Drew in certain situations come playoff time if we make it. 

Have a little more patience Iggy will be here a long time starting next season and Drew hasn't hurt this team at all defensively this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

dumb

WM has produced more last year than Drew has since 2009...so yes

Ill tell ya what. we will compare Drews rookie year with about the same amout of games played as WMB rookie year. That way were not cherry picking stats and giving a fair comparison at the same time of their careers wioth a closer amount of games played.

.316 .357 .517 .874

.288 .325 .509 .835  

which one is which?Ill give you one guess...

Oh, and even though Drew started out slow, got hot (over 900OPS from 4/22 to the 3rd week in May) He slowed down after the back injury and has now cooled off since. Hes been better than WMB so far this year. Drew go on another run soon enough and hopefully so will WMB.

Im not against Iggy playing and I never have been if he proves the bat will be there. So far it has, which has EARNED him some playing time. His 500+ BABIP will not last at all. I would like to see where he lands once pitchers see him the second time and he has to make the adjustments like WMB has had to this year once the book was out on him. To trade Drew now is ridiculous. In 4-6 weeks, hopoefully we will have a better idea going forward. Maybe he will be traded, maybe not.

Your idea of us Drew fans retracting is not true, although you'd like to appear correct. Most of us realized why they got Drew (Iggy hitting under .118), and it was very valid. We also realized that Iggy was a better defender and have been pulling for him to get better on offense. Unlike guys like you, just because they dont use the guy we wanted, we dont hate the other player. Where were you when Drew had a 900OPS for almost a month straight? Thank God Farrell has a much better idea whats best for the team and doesnt personalize thing like you do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We should not trade Drew, unless we get some value in return, or if we are able to free up enough salary to later obtain a salary dump player and stay under the limit. Otherwise, I'd rather have Drew and Holt over just Holt.

Sox4ever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

#shipDrewoutofBoston!! Lets get this started. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

#shipDrewoutofBoston!! Lets get this started. 

Let's not, but say we did.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from barrios. Show barrios's posts

What are you Russian? How about when can Drew be traded? English much?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

in his last 4 games he is 4 for 18 with 10 KO's

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Send Middlebrooks down for a couple of weeks (or months LOL).  I like Drew at SS and Iglesias at 3B.  

Iglesias is on fire with the bat and he plays great defense.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Gang, we need to remember Ciriaco is gone, so now is absolutely not the right time to trade Drew.  No MLB team can afford to have just three infielders for 3B, SS, and 2B--you must have a spare.  Right now Iglesias is the spare, but I suspect he will play a lot more than Ciriaco did.

As for Drew, he is the starting SS on team with the second best record in MLB.  He has made one error to date.  His hitting is not what it should be, but not a disaster either. Iglesias, meanwhile, is in Boston to stay, which is exactly where he wants to be.  And let's not forget the possibility of an injury to Pedroia, Drew, Middlebrooks, or even Iglesias himself. 

Our OP and a few others appear to think the only road to success is to play lots of rookies.  Not just Iglesias, but Bradley, Lavarnway, and even Bogaerts.  Maybe bring Webster back to the big club and dump one of the starters.  That's fuzzy thinking because this is in fact a veteran club that Cherington has assembled--many of whom, granted, were acquired before Ben C became the GM--and the chemistry seems to be the best it's been in years. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I dont want to trade Drew, I just want him to be the sub...no one is going to want that salary so we are stuck with him unless we throw in another player with real value

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Iggy will get his share of playing time. They are doing it the right way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Iggy will get his share of playing time. They are doing it the right way.

i have no problem with all three getting playing time -i just dont want either WMD or Iggy riding the bench a lot

Sections
Shortcuts