When did you actually scream or yell the loudest watching the Red Sox?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

When did you actually scream or yell the loudest watching the Red Sox?

As we seem to be playing good ball after that horrible start and after two great bashings I thought we could take our minds off the Sox tonight(Bruins angst right now) and ask when did you actually scream or yell extremely loudwatching the Red Sox.(Losses we don't want to think of) I mean where the neighbors hear you or where your wife or husband wanted to walk out? Or your Dad yelled then said shhhhhhhhhhh!  1.Hendu Oct.12,1986. 2 Derek Lowe strikes out Terrence Long game 5 ALDS 2003(I thought just walk him to load the bases otherwise he was going to get a single and win the series forthe A's)3. Ortiz HR game 4 2004 ALCS. 4. Bernie Carbo's HR game 6(I fell asleep and missed Fisk's HR. Yes I regret it to this day)5. Ortiz single wins Game 5 ALCS. Hon Mention Yaz's HR in the Bucky Dent game second inning. I know it was early but I was so pumped.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: When did you actually scream or yell the loudest watching the Red Sox?

For me, definitely Henderson's homer in the '86 ALCS. I was lying on the couch with two broken ribs sustained, believe it or not, in a touch football game the previous day. When Hendu hit it, I instinctively thrust my right fist into the air, sat up, and screamed. And then I REALLY screamed!

I woke up my wife back in '06, I believe it was, when Ortiz went yard to beat the Indians in a regular-season game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Mine is a negative. It was of course Game 7 ALCS in 2003. I was screaming at the top of my lungs in LA to Grady "take him out he is out of gas" in LA but I guess Grady couldn't hear me over all the yelling coming from New England! But that yelling was only a warm-up for the Boone blast off of Wake. Wasn't mad at Wake just the fate of being a RS fan at that point and of course at GF Little.

In terms of joy was Manny's walk of blast against the Angels in Game 2 2007 ALDS. K-Rod v ManRam and they walked Ortiz to get to him. His instant reaction after contact made the moment. No matter what you think of Manny he had a flair about him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: When did you actually scream or yell the loudest watching the Red Sox?:
    [QUOTE]Mine is a negative. It was of course Game 7 ALCS in 2003. I was screaming at the top of my lungs in LA to Grady "take him out he is out of gas" in LA but I guess Grady couldn't hear me over all the yelling coming from New England! But that yelling was only a warm-up for the Boone blast off of Wake. Wasn't mad at Wake just the fate of being a RS fan at that point and of course at GF Little. In terms of joy was Manny's walk of blast against the Angels in Game 2 2007 ALDS. K-Rod v ManRam and they walked Ortiz to get to him. His instant reaction after contact made the moment. No matter what you think of Manny he had a flair about him.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, five, same goes for me in '03. It was Posada's hit, I'm pretty sure it was, that was the capper. I had balled up pair of socks, and I chucked it at the television. I hit three video tapes on top of the TV, and they clattered on the floor and set off the ADT alarm!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Come to think of it, O'Leary's second HR in game 5 1999 ALDS I yelled quite loudly. That should be top 5.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: When did you actually scream or yell the loudest watching the Red Sox?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When did you actually scream or yell the loudest watching the Red Sox? : I have to admit, five, same goes for me in '03. It was Posada's hit, I'm pretty sure it was, that was the capper. I had balled up pair of socks, and I chucked it at the television. I hit three video tapes on top of the TV, and they clattered on the floor and set off the ADT alarm!
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]The capper that night for me was the Boone HR. My wife was with me out family room and decided to retire to the bedroom when Posada hit the flare.

She pokes her head into the room and says "Is this game STILL going on?" Just as "on" comes out of her mouth Boone sent Wake's knuckler that didn't knuckle into the upper deck. I screamed at her, "Not anymore, you happy NOW!" and proceeded to go off on a tirade about jinx, the MFY and GF Little.

She had almost lived down opening a bottle of champagne with only 2 outs in Game 6 of the 86 WS because we had company over and she and my buddies wife were anxious to go out to dinner. My tears of joy and babbling about wishing my dad was alive to see this turned to shear horror. No yelling just horror. And I was speechless at dinner, drowning my disappointment in a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. The irony of Game 5 of the ALCS having happen in last round and how that killed all my fellow Los Angelenos had not dawned on me yet.

But all was forgiven in 2004 because she sat with me during Game 4 of 2004 ALCS were I was just hoping that RS would avoid the embarrassment of a sweep to the hated NYY. We had a fire in fireplace that night because it was unusually cool for So Cal. that night. The RS won and every night after that they played she had to sit on the same side of the love seat and the windows might have to have been open and the A/C on but there was a fire in fireplace.

And those are a few of my more obsessive RS moments.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

[QUOTE]Mine is a negative. It was of course Game 7 ALCS in 2003. I was screaming at the top of my lungs in LA to Grady "take him out he is out of gas" in LA but I guess Grady couldn't hear me over all the yelling coming from New England! But that yelling was only a warm-up for the Boone blast off of Wake. Wasn't mad at Wake just the fate of being a RS fan at that point and of course at GF Little. In terms of joy was Manny's walk of blast against the Angels in Game 2 2007 ALDS. K-Rod v ManRam and they walked Ortiz to get to him. His instant reaction after contact made the moment. No matter what you think of Manny he had a flair about him.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with the first part of this post, I went overseas in 1982 and came back in 1994. I went to school for my present job and then settled into it and then after I was settled I started watching baseball again. I don't know how many people were overseas watching Armed Forces Network but to say the least it was hard to keep up with the home town team. I started getting Obessed again in 2003. I am now hooked. Thanks for reminding me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I'll never forget mine. I was watching Sonny Seibert pitch a would-be no-no.
     Late in the game. Tense as hell.

Then out of nowhere, some rectum named Softlaw stepped on my ingrown toe-nail.
    I screamed in agony. Poor Sonny reacted to it just as he was ready to throw that faithful pitch Horace Clarke hit to break up the no-hitter.

To this day I think that SOB did it on purpose!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

When Keith Foulke's toss settled into Doug Mientkiewicz's glove in Game 4 of the 2004 World Series. Joe Buck: " Red Sox fans have longed to hear it, etc."  Best baseball moment ever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

[QUOTE]When Keith Foulke's toss settled into Doug Mientkiewicz's glove in Game 4 of the 2004 World Series. Joe Buck: " Red Sox fans have longed to hear it, etc."  Best baseball moment ever.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

same moment, but actually I couldnt said a word, numb, speechless, like high, incredible feeling, but I didnt make a sound, just was thinking OMFG, OMFG, or something like that...

and I gotta say, Boone HR was a horrible, horrible feeling, but I didnt scream either, I did scream earlier at Grady...

and last, I did cry after Buckner's play, just dont remenber how loud...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Foulke to Menkiewicz, I threw a chair and broke my buddies living room window.

Sections
Shortcuts