When Hanrahan Comes Back, Who Goes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

When Hanrahan Comes Back, Who Goes?

I was going to say Wilson, but he doesn't deserve to be  sent down, given what he has done. I would have to say Bard, but can someone answer what his option status is? Obviously, Wilson has options left.

Thanks for the help.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Re: When Hanrahan Comes Back, Who Goes?

In response to ADG's comment:

I was going to say Wilson, but he doesn't deserve to be  sent down, given what he has done. I would have to say Bard, but can someone answer what his option status is? Obviously, Wilson has options left.

Thanks for the help.

It needs to be Wilson. We need to find out what Bard can do. If he is back to his dominating self he can be a difference maker and this pen is in great shape. If he is in his August 2011 and later form we need to move forward without him.

Either way the sooner we find out the better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Breslow will be back shortly after Hanrahan , so both Bard and Wilson will probably go down. Mortensen hasn't done much to help his cause lately either , but he is probably safe at least until Morales is ready.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

Thanks for the help.

It needs to be Wilson. We need to find out what Bard can do. If he is back to his dominating self he can be a difference maker and this pen is in great shape. If he is in his August 2011 and later form we need to move forward without him.

I'm not sure how we can find out.  If we can't trust him to hold a 5-run lead v the Astros, when can we put him in?  Would anyone really want to see him with a 2-run lead v TO?  And he's been like this since September, 2011.  Even in AA this year, he still only had a 4/4 K/W.  I have a lot of patience, but not being able to throw a strike last night, with a 5-run lead, was the end of the line for me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Breslow will be back shortly after Hanrahan , so both Bard and Wilson will probably go down. Mortensen hasn't done much to help his cause lately either , but he is probably safe at least until Morales is ready.

Yup.  Wilson has done a pretty good job, but Mortensen has a longer history, and with Aceves gone, is probably our default long guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure how we can find out.  If we can't trust him to hold a 5-run lead v the Astros, when can we put him in?  Would anyone really want to see him with a 2-run lead v TO?  And he's been like this since September, 2011.  Even in AA this year, he still only had a 4/4 K/W.  I have a lot of patience, but not being able to throw a strike last night, with a 5-run lead, was the end of the line for me.

Especially against a weak hitting team, thats what concerned me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Don't know if Bard has options.  If he has, he and Wilson go down when Hanrahan and Breslow return.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Don't know if Bard has options.  If he has, he and Wilson go down when Hanrahan and Breslow return.

Bard should not be sent down again. Bard should be released. The Daniel Bard experiment is a failure and the sooner we recognize that the easier the other decisions will be. Wilson has earned a place on the ML roster now by virtue of his performance. Miller, despite his performance yesterday, still has control problems and IMO is on very shaky ground here. So is Mortensen. Those two are good candidates to be sent elsewhere when Morales, Hanrahan, and Breslow return.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Bard should not be sent down again. Bard should be released. The Daniel Bard experiment is a failure and the sooner we recognize that the easier the other decisions will be. Wilson has earned a place on the ML roster now by virtue of his performance. Miller, despite his performance yesterday, still has control problems and IMO is on very shaky ground here. So is Mortensen. Those two are good candidates to be sent elsewhere when Morales, Hanrahan, and Breslow return.

Not quite yet PG. I agree if he doesn't straighten things up this year, then a trade should be considered. Since he has options, I would just send him back down and give him every opportunity possible to either succeed or fail with this team. I cant just give up on this quickly though. I understand its been a year, but Ill stick with the more patient approach since he can be sent down. I think he needs to take note and quicken his pace up on the mound and stop circling the mound after every pitch.

Ive liked what Ive seen from Wilson so far and have not really ever been impressed with Mortensen. But since Mort has no options and Bard/Wilson do, those 2 will probably be sent down. I wouldn't have an issue if they moved on from Mortensen though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

I suppose that Hanrahan will come up immediately and Wilson will be sent down. Hanny gave up 2 homers in one inning in his last appearance in the minors. We need to have him in shape before his phone rings from the big club.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Someone will be hurt and go on DL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

BARD!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Done deal. Announced that Bard being sent back to Portland. Wilson has been too good.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

Mortensen doesn't have options.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Thanks for the help.

Bard wasn't even doing well at AA, I think we can safely say he isn't back to "his dominating self"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: When Comes Back, Who Goes?

Sending Bard back, it seems, was a no-brainer.  Given other arms available or on the DL, I think he has a tough slog back.  But you never can tell.

Sections
Shortcuts