When he gets suspended for drug use....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

When he gets suspended for drug use....

....it's because he turned in a junkie's urine sample when he needed an excuse to go on safari and hunt lions with his bare hands. He is--the most interesting man in the world. 

"I don't always get suspended, but when I do, I have manly things to do on my schedule to fill the time."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: When he gets suspended for drug use....

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

....it's because he turned in a junkie's urine sample when he needed an excuse to go on safari and hunt lions with his bare hands. He is--the most interesting man in the world. 

"I don't always get suspended, but when I do, I have manly things to do on my schedule to fill the time."

[/QUOTE]

Have you completely lost it, man?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have you completely lost it, man?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Let me get done eating my pancakes, then I'll think on it some more. 

"I don't always eat breakfast for supper, but when I do, I make sure it's fattening".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What did the most interesting man in the world  test positive for?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Article on nesn just says "drug of abuse", doesn't say which one.

http://nesn.com/2014/07/alfredo-aceves-suspended-50-games-for-positive-drug-of-abuse-test/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Article on nesn just says "drug of abuse", doesn't say which one.

http://nesn.com/2014/07/alfredo-aceves-suspended-50-games-for-positive-drug-of-abuse-test/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/07/alfredo-aceves-suspended-50-games-for-positive-drug-of-abuse-test/

[/QUOTE]

Attention Deficit medication?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    MLB announces Alfredo Aceves suspended for 50 games for second positive test for a drug of abuse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Aceves has more pitching talent than 75 percent of the guys in the guys in the big leagues. A real shame whatever happened to him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I blame the bad element he was obviously associating with this year.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I blame the bad element he was obviously associating with this year.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

[/QUOTE]

Not so obvious .. do we know when his 1st violation was?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Aceves has more pitching talent than 75 percent of the guys in the guys in the big leagues. A real shame whatever happened to him.

[object HTMLDivElement].   This is one of those absurd myths that, if repeated often enough , start to be believed by the gullible among us. Aceves is, was and always will be a mediocrity, far from having more talent than 75 percent of MLB pitchers. He does have a good , strong, rubber arm. That is his best asset. It is not a shame what happened to him . He is a jerk. A very interesting jerk to be sure, but a jerk nonetheless. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

‏@PeteAbe

[object HTMLDivElement].   This is one of those absurd myths that, if repeated often enough , start to be believed by the gullible among us. Aceves is, was and always will be a mediocrity, far from having more talent than 75 percent of MLB pitchers. He does have a good , strong, rubber arm. That is his best asset. It is not a shame what happened to him . He is a jerk. A very interesting jerk to be sure, but a jerk nonetheless. 

[/QUOTE]

FWIW, he did start his career 22-4, although that might be somewhat flukey

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

‏@PeteAbe

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    He was a vulture. He would come into either a tied or close game in the middle innings either protect the tie or give up the lead and wait for the Yankees' offense to do the rest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

‏@PeteAbe

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    He was a vulture. He would come into either a tied or close game in the middle innings either protect the tie or give up the lead and wait for the Yankees' offense to do the rest.

[/QUOTE]

Amusing and spot on way to put it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Jon HeymanVerified account
    ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    Aceves drug of abuse was pot. Interesting spliit: On 40-man there's no suspension. But he had been removed from 40 man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They found traces of another man's blood in his blood. 

That's why he is.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

‏@PeteAbe

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The term "vulture win" is pretty common, although a lot more times it applies when a reliever blows a save and then sticks around when his team scores the go-ahead run...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

‏@PeteAbe

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The term "vulture win" is pretty common, although a lot more times it applies when a reliever blows a save and then sticks around when his team scores the go-ahead run...

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   I think Phil Regan was the original vulture.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

REgan was before my time so I had to look him up.

One guy I remember doing it a lot was Rich Gossage, and I think it was him where I first heard the term "vulture win."   Bob Stanley also had a knack for it one season....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I'm amazed they test a player on the Yankees, at least when he's still on the Yankees. Guess that's why they went with pot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

‏@PeteAbe

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DiceK had 33 wins his first two seasons in MLB. We know how that turned out. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i would hope in these past 2 seasons he wasn't smoking on game days...stupid and dangerous...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i would hope in these past 2 seasons he wasn't smoking on game days...stupid and dangerous...

[/QUOTE]

Good morning Jetes!  My understanding is that they don't test for any "drugs of abuse" at the major league level, only in the minors.  So, there's a good possibility that he was smoking pot and using other recreational drugs on game days.  That would certainly explain a lot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

two things - 1) AA def has better stuff than the most mlb pitchers - he has real snap on his fastball and throws off speed pitches well  2) he is also batchit crazy and was probably mixing meth, coke, and darvon in his apt lab because he is...

the most interesting man in the world

As always - 100% correct!