When he gets suspended for drug use....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: When he gets suspended for drug use....

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to jete02fan's comment:

i would hope in these past 2 seasons he wasn't smoking on game days...stupid and dangerous...

Good morning Jetes!  My understanding is that they don't test for any "drugs of abuse" at the major league level, only in the minors.  So, there's a good possibility that he was smoking pot and using other recreational drugs on game days.  That would certainly explain a lot.

Morning Kimmi!!...yeah, could be true...sad to think he might have been..would hate for Farrell or Girardi to have found him face down in the ballpark somewhere...in any case..that man has taken leave of his senses 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

I'm amazed they test a player on the Yankees, at least when he's still on the Yankees. Guess that's why they went with pot.

There U go again; I guess you forgot about the pass Ortiz got.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

I'm amazed they test a player on the Yankees, at least when he's still on the Yankees. Guess that's why they went with pot.

[object HTMLDivElement]

And what pass was that? 1. That any information was released was illegal. 2. It was never reported what he tested "positive" for. 3. Why would he get a "pass" when Rodriguez, Cruz, Ramirez, Braun, et al got none? 4. The supposed "failure" was in 2003. 5. He has passed something like 18 tests since then. I agree it doesn't look perfect, but it's a long way from saying he got a "pass" too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

And what pass was that? 1. That any information was released was illegal. 2. It was never reported what he tested "positive" for. 3. Why would he get a "pass" when Rodriguez, Cruz, Ramirez, Braun, et al got none? 4. The supposed "failure" was in 2003. 5. He has passed something like 18 tests since then. I agree it doesn't look perfect, but it's a long way from saying he got a "pass" too.

Your opinion, especially regarding the national press, is in the minority. Those other guys passed a whole bunch of tests too, so I guess they weren't perfect either. To each his own.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

You always seem surprised when you say that, like it's a big shock to everyone. FTR I'm talking about the Yankees here on a Sox forum, and you're talking about the Red Sox here on a Sox forum. Do you get the difference? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

^ What he said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You always seem surprised when you say that, like it's a big shock to everyone. FTR I'm talking about the Yankees here on a Sox forum, and you're talking about the Red Sox here on a Sox forum. Do you get the difference? 

I obviously don't. But it's a heckuva good get out of jail free card.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

You do realize the massive difference here, right? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to notin's comment:

You do realize the massive difference here, right? 

Yes, I do. I was responding in context to the poster. Otherwise, Please explain.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Your opinion, especially regarding the national press, is in the minority. Those other guys passed a whole bunch of tests too, so I guess they weren't perfect either. To each his own.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Oh yeah, the national press....they're super objective, especially when it comes to politics. Besides, the list of ANY team's "possible offenders" is going to be shorter than NY's. I mean, it's just one after another up there. It's the Stienbrenner "win at any cost" attitude. Granted that is changing somewhat now, but for 30 years or more it's how it was up there. Seeing as very little attention was even paid to Ortiz by MLB, it sounds like a lot of talk and not much action. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Oh yeah, the national press....they're super objective, especially when it comes to politics. Besides, the list of ANY team's "possible offenders" is going to be shorter than NY's. I mean, it's just one after another up there. It's the Stienbrenner "win at any cost" attitude. Granted that is changing somewhat now, but for 30 years or more it's how it was up there. Seeing as very little attention was even paid to Ortiz by MLB, it sounds like a lot of talk and not much action. 

Yes, it all started with the objective Mitchell report, who had no active RS despite some of the obvious guys, like Nomar , Bagwell, Ortiz, Varitek, and thgugh he was at the time on the NYY, Damon. And let's not forget Schilling's bombshell a while back. Or the incident in the RS clubhouse. And the likelihood that 50-80 percent of the league was doing it, Those in glass houses..... 

Otherwise, what part of cause and effect don't U get? I was responding in the context of the poster, who claimed MLB was downplaying and altering the real cause of the AA suspension. Now this is your response with regards to Ortiz  ... which was my point all along.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

This is true. I believe everyone in MLB knows who the users are, and the Yankees took advantage of that information and were the welcoming committee.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

This is true. I believe everyone in MLB knows who the users are, and the Yankees took advantage of that information and were the welcoming committee.

Huh? Even an endless supply of get out jail free cards may not help you with this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Huh? Even an endless supply of get out jail free cards may not help you with this.

Why not? If I have an endless supply then by definition the supply wouldn't end. And it shouldn't anyway because I'm not posting this on a Yankee forum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Why not? If I have an endless supply then by definition the supply wouldn't end. And it shouldn't anyway because I'm not posting this on a Yankee forum.

I can't argue with this. You're right.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This kind of thing can get pretty silly. The use of P.E.D.s was rampant. Not just in baseball, but in all sports and other walks of life. That is just how it was and , in many cases, still is. It is beyond parochial and naive to believe that your guys were innocent and the opponents were cheating. That just defies logic and loses credibility. Again, the use was rampant. That is a fact. Not an opinion.

Stabbed by Foulke

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

This kind of thing can get pretty silly. The use of P.E.D.s was rampant. Not just in baseball, but in all sports and other walks of life. That is just how it was and , in many cases, still is. It is beyond parochial and naive to believe that your guys were innocent and the opponents were cheating. That just defies logic and loses credibility. Again, the use was rampant. That is a fact. Not an opinion.

Stabbed by Foulke

+++

Sections
Shortcuts