When is it alright to tell it the way you see it on this forum?’

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

When is it alright to tell it the way you see it on this forum?’

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, is it okay on this forum to call it a duck? Why can’t smiley-beni brag about his Sox and criticize the opposition? Why can’t Franky boast about his beloved Yanks and point out the Sox flaws? Is it a crime to be intellectually honest? They both offer an honest expression of what they believe is the the truth with supporting facts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

Re: When is it alright to tell it the way you see it on this forum?’

I agree, after all isn't that what forums are for?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Beni is disliked by many Yankee fans and there are some Boston fans who are more concerned about the "fraternity" that meets here daily than about letting Red Sox fans be overly optimistic like fans (fanatics) should be. Heaven forbid that our Yankee fraternity members get riled and teased. The REALITY POLICE need to keep reminding themselves that this is a Red Sox forum and not a neutral forum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

In Response to Re: When is it alright to tell it the way you see it on this forum?’:
    [QUOTE]Beni is disliked by many Yankee fans and there are some Boston fans who are more concerned about the "fraternity" that meets here daily than about letting Red Sox fans be overly optimistic like fans (fanatics) should be. Heaven forbid that our Yankee fraternity members get riled and teased. The REALITY POLICE need to keep reminding themselves that this is a Red Sox forum and not a neutral forum.
    Posted by ChrisHouse[/QUOTE]
    Hear,Hear!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The fact that both Frank and smiley continue to post here proves it is alright with the people who run the forum. After all, these two are breaking no rules....well I think frank has been banned before only to return. But I don't have a problem with this, as long as we learn from our mistakes.

I have offered what I believe is the truth , too.

And I also am still allowed to post here. I did not see 'being critical of one's own team or certain players' as breaking the rules.

The problem is when I see a duck , there are some who see a turkey, some who see a squirrel, some who see a giraffe , and some who see an elephant...etc.

I have grown used to the ramblings of the two you mention. They are not offending me, and frankly ( note the pun) , I often find them entertaining.

Mr. smiley Cheney is correct , forums are for debating and stating your own feelings. Not just for those who feel they can lash out at opinions they disagree with and refer to the writer as a moron, closet-Yankee fan or any other demeaning references.

This really should be a non-issue. If you feel strongly enough that the majority of posters are bothering you, than maybe you don't belong here.

I happen to like most of the people here, and apparently the feeling is mutual. I am not going to let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch...I learned this from Donny Osmond.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

In Response to Re: When is it alright to tell it the way you see it on this forum?’:
    [QUOTE]The fact that both Frank and smiley continue to post here proves it is alright with the people who run the forum. After all, these two are breaking no rules....well I think frank has been banned before only to return. But I don't have a problem with this, as long as we learn from our mistakes. I have offered what I believe is the truth , too. And I also am still allowed to post here. I did not see 'being critical of one's own team or certain players' as breaking the rules. The problem is when I see a duck , there are some who see a turkey, some who see a squirrel, some who see a giraffe , and some who see an elephant...etc. I have grown used to the ramblings of the two you mention. They are not offending me, and frankly ( note the pun) , I often find them entertaining. Mr. smiley Cheney is correct , forums are for debating and stating your own feelings. Not just for those who feel they can lash out at opinions they disagree with and refer to the writer as a moron, closet-Yankee fan or any other demeaning references. This really should be a non-issue. If you feel strongly enough that the majority of posters are bothering you, than maybe you don't belong here. I happen to like most of the people here, and apparently the feeling is mutual. I am not going to let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch...I learned this from Donny Osmond.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

What a cheap-shot from a very neutral poster.

ZILLA sounds like Barry Bonds: I thought I was taking "Flaxseed Oil 
    and "Arthritic Cream"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

I agree with Zillagod  is that our perceptions vary as well as our opinions. I see nothing wrong with calling someone, who I think is trolling, a troll or a pretender. I see nothing wrong in noting that a specific poster is a chronic skeptic, cynic, or pessimist if 90% of his posting history substatiates it. Likewise, it someone sounds like a loyal, hopeful, faithful fan then that should be pointed out also. None of the above adjectives are really insults, they just identify the manner in which that poster roots as a fan. Some always see the glass as half full and others always see it as half empty. You should avoid fans who irritate you such as perpetual wet blankets or whiners. Nothing wrong with whiners but don't let their chronic whining get to you. It is best to ignore them. Some however may do their whining on purpose because they know that it irritates others and that is why they come here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Zillagod quacks like a cynic and skeptic all of the time but there is nothing wrong with that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to When is it alright to tell it the way you see it on this forum?’ : Because we have the wrong sheriff.. the sheriff spends most his time trashing the real Sox fans. The sheriff is just another pretending to be Sox fan.
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817[/QUOTE]

Smiley, if you've been telling it the way you see it, then I suggest getting your eyes or eyewear prescription checked. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When is it alright to tell it the way you see it on this forum?’ : What a cheap-shot from a very neutral poster. ZILLA sounds like Barry Bonds: I thought I was taking "Flaxseed Oil  and "Arthritic Cream"
    Maybe he was just a litte careless back in those days when he was buying supplements and vitamins over the counter, legal supplements, legal vitamins over the counter.

Take it easy on Zilla

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

as Jose tavaras would say to topics like this "Who Cares" can we please talk about baseball?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When is it alright to tell it the way you see it on this forum?’ : What a cheap-shot from a very neutral poster. ZILLA sounds like Barry Bonds: I thought I was taking "Flaxseed Oil  and "Arthritic Cream"
    What's wrong with the middle of the road?

What a cheap shot at our friendly lizard. He's only stating what most of us already know. C'mon, Cheny-beni, fess up. You admitted it once before.

Just telling it the way I see it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with Zillagod  is that our perceptions vary as well as our opinions. I see nothing wrong with calling someone, who I think is trolling, a troll or a pretender. I see nothing wrong in noting that a specific poster is a chronic skeptic, cynic, or pessimist if 90% of his posting history substatiates it. Likewise, it someone sounds like a loyal, hopeful, faithful fan then that should be pointed out also. None of the above adjectives are really insults, they just identify the manner in which that poster roots as a fan. Some always see the glass as half full and others always see it as half empty. You should avoid fans who irritate you such as perpetual wet blankets or whiners. Nothing wrong with whiners but don't let their chronic whining get to you. It is best to ignore them. Some however may do their whining on purpose because they know that it irritates others and that is why they come here.
    Posted by silversteinsox[/QUOTE]

The glass is not half full or half empty. The glass is twice the size that it needs to be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The way I see it-

You can tell the way you see it, but you should be reasonable about it.  The OP called Beckett injury-prone.  When I said that last year's injury was his first since maybe 2004, I never heard from him again.

A little gamesmanship is okay, but let's wait until we get into first before we tell the EE how much they stink.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

This doesn't seem like a mystery to me.  Human nature, which is consistent with RS fan nature, is not really to perseverate on the positive (which is often the obvious) i.e.  Wow! Pedey is sure hitting the cover off of the ball!  OR  Lester sure looks solid again..... or  Man!  That's 3 straight awesome outings for Beckett.... HE'S BACK!!!!!!  However, when some yahoo starts trashing OUR GUYS........ Well then it's on!   NOW....  As die hard Red Sox Fans, most of us do feel at liberty to do a fair amount of, what I call..... therapeutic
    b!#ching!!!  Otherwise, after the first 11 games of this season, we would probably lose it & go postal...... :(
    When we start out 2 - 9, SORRY!  BUT most of us are freaking out, & looking for answers......  When we CLEARLY SEE that our pitching is BAD........  As grown ups, we say what we think is wrong.  When ALL of our pitchers seem to be struggling mightily, we start struggling to find the answer.  YES!  We try to place blame where we think it belongs.......  i.e.  Dice-K just doesn't seem to want to listen to Tek or the pitching staff. OR  Lackey sure doesn't seem to be able to win unless he has HUGE run support.  OR   Beckett appears to be down to 2 lousy pitches..........   However?????   When Beckett, OUR GUY, turns it around and makes somebody like me who was knocking him, look stupid....................  I don't know about you, but I LOVE WHEN I knock OUR GUYS & they prove me to be DEAD WRONG!!!!!!!!!!   When even Dice-K bounces back, stops the interminable nibbling, & pitches a GREAT GAME (as he did in his last outing) I love it when they bounce back like that!!!!!   Just because WE (many Red Sox fans) get critical with OUR BOYS when they are looking bad, it doesn't mean we want to keep going bad.   HEY!!!!!!!  We're Red Sox fans!  We're ALL big boys here.  We know baseball, & we're not afraid to call a spade a spade!  THE TRUTH is out there, & we're not afraid to look at it.

Now!!!!!   If some yahoo Yankee fan starts flappin their gums about OUR BOY'S??????????   We'll, again, IT'S ON!

Guys like GM, who go after OUR guys no matter how GREAT they're  doing  i.e. Lowrie????????   Well, that just seems a bit pathological?

Anyway.........  Now that our pitching seems to be turning the corner, & our bats are starting to come to life, & WE'RE WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!   Life's good :)
    Can't wait 'til Els., Crawfort, Yuke, & A-Gon really start hitting to their potential!!!!!!!!!!   Now that's gonna be fun :) :) :) 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I respect everyone's comments and opinions here.

Although for some of you who wanted to trade Youkilis and top prospects for Felix H., that is a bit "silly".  lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

That's an excellet post, Dirtdog.  It's worth reading...twice.

It's much the same as real life where I can criticize my kids... but you can't!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

When we CLEARLY SEE that our pitching is BAD........  .

Isn't that the point?  When was it clear that our pitching is BAD?  It looks like pretty good pitching to me.  And at the end of the day, that's what fans have to wrap their hands around.

You can't have a good pitching staff one week, and a bad pitching staff the following week.  You either had a bad staff that was pitching well, or a good staff that was pitching badly.  5 guys didn't suddenly become good pitchers just as much as 5 guys suddenly become bad pitchers.

For some reason, posters have issues accepting slumps from pitchers.  Pedroia's OPS after 6 games was .488.  Youk was at .572 after 8 games.  They've been killing the ball since then.

But when pitchers have two bad games in a row, y'all write them off.  Pitchers can have slumps just as easily as hitters do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

silversteinsox, you really made me smile with your second response on this thread.

You nailed it right on the head. As a sports fan , I tend to be very cynical...and this is not without good reason. I have spent many seasons harbouring high expectations only to have the bubble burst and reality set in. This causes frustration. I prefer to be skeptical and be pleasantly surprised when things turm out far better than I imagined possible.

It's something that works for me , and when, as in 2004, frustration turns to joy...man, is it great!!!

Hope you can forgive me for this.

smiley , I suppose you might also forgive me for offending you, friend. But if Chain-reaction isn't you...you have someone who admires everything you say , almost to an unhealthy level of hero worship. Sorry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I might be repeating some of what Joe said, but here's my take.

There's nothing wrong with stating your views, but if your views are ridiculous and have not basis in fact, I'm going to state my view that you're full of B.S.

The Beckett example that Joe gave is one.

And to add, I don't know how many times some lame poster would rip Beckett, saying that he hasn't had a good year since 2007, conviently forgetting how good he was in 2009.

As for this year -- was it reasonable to be ticked off at the 0-6, 2-10 start? Sure. The pitching stunk, the hitting stunk and there were mental breakdowns (and some bad luck) in the field.

But when it leads to analysis that the entire season is lost, that's B.S. When leads to posts that Crawford and A-Gon are busts, just two weeks into their first season in Boston, that's B.S.

Rip Salty all you like -- fine. It's no secret, he's been struggling, although his hitting might be coming around. If you don't think he's the answer, again, fine. But when it's said the Salty experiment is a failure after he's played just 13 games -- that's B.S.

Players slump. Teams have bad months. THat's part of baseball that too many posters don't seem to understand. Posters were calling April a do-or-die month. I pointed out how in years that the Sox won 95-plus games, including 2004, they had a sub-.500 month during the season. The response -- crickets.

I have no problem with passionate fans. But when posters don't temper their emotions with facts or don't show some kind of knowledge of the game, I'm going to call them out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Truth is not allowed. Hope and status quo is what is demanded.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

[QUOTE]silversteinsox, you really made me smile with your second response on this thread. You nailed it right on the head. As a sports fan , I tend to be very cynical...and this is not without good reason. I have spent many seasons harbouring high expectations only to have the bubble burst and reality set in. This causes frustration. I prefer to be skeptical and be pleasantly surprised when things turm out far better than I imagined possible. It's something that works for me , and when, as in 2004, frustration turns to joy...man, is it great!!! Hope you can forgive me for this. smiley , I suppose you might also forgive me for offending you, friend. But if Chain-reaction isn't you...you have someone who admires everything you say , almost to an unhealthy level of hero worship. Sorry.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Of Course! Chain-reaction isn`t me... In my opinion CR is a great Sox
    fan... he is one of the best friend that I have on this Forum. I really
    like him.