When is it alright to tell it the way you see it on this forum?’

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: When is it alright to tell it the way you see it on this forum?’

because if any us criticize theo for making bad moves or francona for being intellectually challenged, we get called trolls. I am a huge sox fan and have been for years but that does not mean that i will agree with every decision the team makes. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glumandrew. Show glumandrew's posts

Just enjoy the games and don't come here and raise up the flagpole your different flag after every loss. We all are disappointed at times but don't flaunt it for all to view on the forum. There are enough doom and gloomers out there as it is. Why add to the horde? It is embarassing to see Red Sox Nation act like such quitters all of the time. The Yankee visitors to the forum must be laughing at our "loyalty".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

glum,

Do you actually ever really listen to what someone is saying???  OK, those who are RELENTLESSLY negative.  I get 'getting on' them!  That's NOT what any of us are saying!  Those of us, who OCCASIONALLY get t'd off at how things are going are NOT what you're talking about.  BUT, I don't think you really care?!?!?  Pay attention to the conversation!  I guess it goes back to the original POST....
    Is it EVER OK to say something even slightly critical??????????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: When is it alright to tell it the way you see it on this forum?’:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When is it alright to tell it the way you see it on this forum?’ : All fair points royf19,  Not gonna dig in against a fellow Caddyshack fan.. :)  I get what you're saying.  I definitely have a tendency to use a great deal of hyperbole when arguing a point.  Most of which I only half mean.  I definitely get a bit too passionate in the midst of an argument. As for Lackey?????  Well, I agree to a point.  My dad & I love to call him a lucky SOB (euphemistically speaking).  We're usually glad he's OUR lucky SOB.  I don't know, I'd have to go back & check......  BUT it does seem that he has a history of MANY wins while giving up a lot of runs. Anyway..... Good talking to someone with a reasonably stated concern. :) I'll work on the hyperbole :) 
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

I think that's all some of us want.

If a player is doing bad, be pssed at the moment but don't extrapolate it to include times when he's been good. And if you don't like a player, that's fine.

I never was a fan of Drew's and I didn't like Lackey's contract, but I find myself defending both because the criticism goes over the top w/o facts to back it up.

BUT it does seem that he has a history of MANY wins while giving up a lot of runs. Anyway.....

As for this line -- when I think of something like that, I like to check. The memory can be selective at times. I've found a number of times when I remember something -- good or bad -- based on what I recall, that when I looked it up, I found I was wrong. It also helped me learn more about the player (or team).

Now I know that in the middle of an emotional rant that looking up stats might be a high priority, and that's fine now and then but not all the time. IMHO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: When is it alright to tell it the way you see it on this forum?’:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When is it alright to tell it the way you see it on this forum?’ : I think that's all some of us want. If a player is doing bad, be pssed at the moment but don't extrapolate it to include times when he's been good. And if you don't like a player, that's fine. I never was a fan of Drew's and I didn't like Lackey's contract, but I find myself defending both because the criticism goes over the top w/o facts to back it up. BUT it does seem that he has a history of MANY wins while giving up a lot of runs. Anyway..... As for this line -- when I think of something like that, I like to check. The memory can be selective at times. I've found a number of times when I remember something -- good or bad -- based on what I recall, that when I looked it up, I found I was wrong. It also helped me learn more about the player (or team). Now I know that in the middle of an emotional rant that looking up stats might be a high priority, and that's fine now and then but not all the time. IMHO
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Agreed!  Like the yahoos who are already to trade A-Gon, Crawford, Els., etc.

BTW.........................   DICE-K Is lights out tonight.  Second AWESOME start in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :)

You're a good man Roy  :) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

We also may be watching Crawfords TRUE "coming out party!"

He's looking SO MUCH more comfortable at the plate!  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasloco. Show losmediasloco's posts

Nice to hear some positive comments in the forum for a change. It's been a long time coming. I was almost ready to quit this forum. It seemed that the negative guys and trolls had taken over. It took seven great pitching efforts to turn the tide vs. the army of Gloom & Doomers. However it will return to normal after the next loss since it always does.

Sections
Shortcuts