when is napoli press conference?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

when is napoli press conference?

i thought is was for today?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: when is napoli press conference?

are they going to wait for victorino...and have it at the same time?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

makes more sense to do it that way

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, Boston's deal with Mike Napoli could be in jeopardy due to a physical issue.

Napoli's reported three-year, $39 million contract was agreed to on December 3, and Rosenthal says the Red Sox had planned to officially announce the signing at a press conference Tuesday. But that obviously didn't happen. The Red Sox evidently didn't like something they saw during Napoli's physical, though it's not clear exactly what it could be. The 31-year-old suffered a severely sprained left ankle in Game 6 of the 2011 World Series and dealt with quad and oblique issues in 2011 and 2012. Related: Red Sox   Source: FOXSports.com Dec 11 - 8:06 PM[/QUOTE]

Speculation. It is interesting that they've delayed his presser twice, but his agent would be calling around already if they knew something was up. I agree with raider3524, they may be waiting for Victorino's. Another option is that they are trying to adjust the 40-man roster for them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Well, if the deal for Napoli falls through, my preference is off the table.  Youk has signed pending his physical.  Probably will have his press conference before Napoli's.

Youk is of similar age.  Youk has similar plate discipline and skills and Youk has far better defensive skills.  And, Youk was signed for less (in dollars per, and in total years).  This may be buyers remorse for the Sox, but their best fall back option--the better option in the first place, IMO--is now no longer available. 

Tunnel vision, IMO.  Napoli should never have been such an all consuming interest.

Will they be able to back out of the ridiculous contract Ben offered to Victorino, too?  That'd be sweet.  He could take the savings on those two contracts and add a 4th year and probably land Hamilton, if he were willing to add a vesting option for a 5th year.  Better way to spend that 26 million, IMO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

My bet is if Naps is off, we go with Ham or Swish or both. (Sounds like a "samich")

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to bgomez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, Boston's deal with Mike Napoli could be in jeopardy due to a physical issue.

Napoli's reported three-year, $39 million contract was agreed to on December 3, and Rosenthal says the Red Sox had planned to officially announce the signing at a press conference Tuesday. But that obviously didn't happen. The Red Sox evidently didn't like something they saw during Napoli's physical, though it's not clear exactly what it could be. The 31-year-old suffered a severely sprained left ankle in Game 6 of the 2011 World Series and dealt with quad and oblique issues in 2011 and 2012. Related: Red Sox   Source: FOXSports.com Dec 11 - 8:06 PM[/QUOTE]

Speculation. It is interesting that they've delayed his presser twice, but his agent would be calling around already if they knew something was up. I agree with raider3524, they may be waiting for Victorino's. Another option is that they are trying to adjust the 40-man roster for them.

[/QUOTE]

victorino is tommorow...i think both will be there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, if the deal for Napoli falls through, my preference is off the table.  Youk has signed pending his physical.  Probably will have his press conference before Napoli's.

Youk is of similar age.  Youk has similar plate discipline and skills and Youk has far better defensive skills.  And, Youk was signed for less (in dollars per, and in total years).  This may be buyers remorse for the Sox, but their best fall back option--the better option in the first place, IMO--is now no longer available. 

Tunnel vision, IMO.  Napoli should never have been such an all consuming interest.

Will they be able to back out of the ridiculous contract Ben offered to Victorino, too?  That'd be sweet.  He could take the savings on those two contracts and add a 4th year and probably land Hamilton, if he were willing to add a vesting option for a 5th year.  Better way to spend that 26 million, IMO.

[/QUOTE]

They have enough to sign Hamilton AND a starter if they want. SV was offered 11M per, and the Sox paid a bit more for a 3yr contract. Like it or not, FA prices are not getting cheaper even for 2nd tier players like SV and MN. Thats why scouting and developing our own prospects is so important going forward.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I will not be upset if Napoli is not signed. I didn't like this deal to begin with. I think one of the last places you want a guy with physical issues is behind the plate unless it's for way less money.

And didn't his ankle get completely turned over running to second base? I think that was him, and that was pretty awful. Your legs AND ankles are a big part of catching.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

"Napoli, who has played in more than 114 games only once in his career, missed more than a month last season with a strained left quadriceps and more than three weeks in 2011 with a strained left oblique."  KR at www.foxsports.com 

Rosenthal: Mike Napoli's deal with Red Sox in jeopardy?

115 games or more only once in his career.... I would love it is this Fenway machines deal fell through somehow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will not be upset if Napoli is not signed. I didn't like this deal to begin with. I think one of the last places you want a guy with physical issues is behind the plate unless it's for way less money.

And didn't his ankle get completely turned over running to second base? I think that was him, and that was pretty awful. Your legs AND ankles are a big part of catching.

[/QUOTE]

kim, kim...the Red Sox acquired Napoli primarily to play first base, we think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I hope Napoli does not pass his physical.  Instead, offer Youkilis a one-year, $12.1 million deal.  j/k   LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

kim, kim...the Red Sox acquired Napoli primarily to play first base, we think.

[/QUOTE]

Even worse. Spending alot of money on a resting spot for other players is ridiculous. If he can't even play catcher, I don't get it. I'm beginning to think that all these baseball players who can't really play that well except to occasionally smack homeruns are all suspect to me. This may not be a popular opinion, but they're ruining the game. I like to see baseball players, not manufactured baseball players.

And FTR, IMO, the first step to rid the game of those players is to eliminate the DH. You should be able to play the game, or else you should find something else to do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Like manage

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

No explanation for Napoli delay

December 13 Boston Herald

"Nine days after the Red Sox [team stats] agreed to terms on a three-year, $39 million contract with free agent first baseman/catcher Mike Napoli, there still was no press conference held at Fenway Park [map]. And there was no explanation for the delay either. Team officials have been mum on why a deal with Napoli, who arrived in town earlier this week to take a physical exam, has not yet been finalized. Napoli's agent, Brian Grieper, did not return calls yesterday. Nine days after the Red Sox [team stats] agreed to terms on a three-year, $39 million contract with free agent first baseman/catcher Mike Napoli, there still was no press conference held at Fenway Park [map]. And there was no"

[/QUOTE]

LOL.

That picture makes me think maybe Youk was a better option.

But then I would have been robbed the fun of watching him play for you guys.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

GM HH

I kinda like the part about a player with an axe to grind

playing against his old team 18 times a yr

Joba calls to welcome Youk

December 13 New York Post

"Joba Chamberlain attempted to be the first Yankee to welcome Kevin Youkilis to The Bronx yesterday when he phoned the third baseman with the likely intention of clearing the air. The initial try resulted in Chamberlain leaving a voice mail for Youkilis, who officially will become a Yankee when he passes a physical. He accepted the Yankees' one-year offer for $12 million Monday to fill in for Alex Rodriguez. Considering their history, Chamberlain and Youkilis have something to talk about. Though Chamberlain has hit Youkilis with a pitch just once — this past season when he was with the White Sox — Chamberlain has thrown up and in numerous times on the former Red Sox. In 2007, Chamberlain"

[/QUOTE]

GM My Friend,

It wouldn't be the first time a player got back on track. I wish him well.

I was a little surprised the Sox moved Youk for so little in return.

But then at the time he was going bad and the Sox were high on Middlebrooks and they had Agon.

Like I posted, Youk is looking better and better these days.

You guys got a dirt dog who won't fail because he didn't care.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My bet is if Naps is off, we go with Ham or Swish or both. (Sounds like a "samich")

[/QUOTE]

I like Swisher, he plays hard, can play 1b and of, we do need that third starter in the outfield.

The addition of Dempster eats up innings- starter situation improved.

i would say at present we have a shot at third place.

Sections
Shortcuts