When is the first year that Tim Wakefield will appear on the HOF ballot?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: When is the first year that Tim Wakefield will appear on the HOF ballot?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Not even funny.  Just the usual lame, predictable shtick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

?

[/QUOTE]

About the same year you stop making a fool of yourself.

[/QUOTE]

HAHA!!!!  +1!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

Since the Hall of the Very good has few great players in it, it would seem that a long career of quantity is what most baseball fans emphasize over quality, see Biggio, who would be an embarrassment to the truly great hitters in Hall of the Very Good.

When it comes to quantity, Wakefield should get the "Innings eater" fans lobbying for Wakefield. The "class act" off the field and in the PC part is emphasized as somewhat of a litmus test.

All his big fans should lobby to have Wakefield added to that HOF ballot. 200 wins is a lot more than Koufax, as baseball fans value quantity.

Thank you for your comments.

[/QUOTE]

You're an expert at finding solutions to problems that don't exist.

You must be a bureaucrat.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I believe he is eligible in 2017. If Ozzie Smith can get in, who knows, maybe Wake has a shot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

How did we all survive back when there was no MLBPA and women couldn't vote and we are on the gold standard? How can the Hall of the very good go on if they go a year and don't let the PED users and very good in?

[/QUOTE]The "BIG O" will tell us when the HALL IS CALLING  for one Timmy Wakefield.......  So nice that you are SO CONCERNED, SOFTY !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The sad part is, he might actually get in.

Isn't Guns'N Roses in the Rock 'n'Roll Hall of Fame ahead of Deep Purple?

The final word of the judges is that "common sense" and "ability" or "talent" has so little to do with these things.

Insanity is everywhere in our world. Reality shows and empty-headed pop singers rule the day. Texting and driving is so common you see it every day. #4 starters and backup outfielders are making $10 million a year.

Where does it all stop?

Wakefield in the Hall Of Fame?....I'd say you are being sarcastic or that you are nuts. But, in this crazy world, I wouldn't dismiss it as a possibility. An insane possibility , but none the less...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

How did we all survive back when there was no MLBPA and women couldn't vote and we are on the gold standard? How can the Hall of the very good go on if they go a year and don't let the PED users and very good in?

[/QUOTE]

How did "we" all survive back when King George III was in charge?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess the same way we will survive the next 4 years. It won't be easy but somebody has to do it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The final word of the judges is that "common sense" and "ability" or "talent" has so little to do with these things.

Insanity is everywhere in our world. Reality shows and empty-headed pop singers rule the day. Texting and driving is so common you see it every day. #4 starters and backup outfielders are making $10 million a year.

Where does it all stop?

Wakefield in the Hall Of Fame?....I'd say you are being sarcastic or that you are nuts. But, in this crazy world, I wouldn't dismiss it as a possibility. An insane possibility , but none the less...

[/QUOTE]

Guns N' Roses is one of the greatest rock bands of all time. They were a no-brainer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helloitsmeagain. Show Helloitsmeagain's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Where does it all stop?

[/QUOTE]

Guns N' Roses is one of the greatest rock bands of all time. They were a no-brainer.

[/QUOTE]

GnR were terrible

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If it were up to softy and people of his ilk, we'd still be a British colony.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Where does it all stop?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I prefer AC-DC myself, but I like G'nR.

Axel Rose is certifiable, but you gotta love Slash.

Appetite For Destruction is one of the best rock albums out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The year you stop bashing him = Never.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His obsession with Wakefield is actually kind of cute. I think softy might have a crush on Wake and is really jealous that Tim is a heterosexual.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His obsession with Wakefield is actually kind of cute. I think softy might have a crush on Wake and is really jealous that Tim is a heterosexual.

[/QUOTE]

Could be. After bashing Mikey Lowell to a pulp, he gushed and gushed over him once he retired. I think he has "a thing" for retired and hobbled MLB players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]   "people of his ilk"  ?????????????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

If Aaron Sele can make the HOF ballot,  Wakefield surely deserves to.

What's sad is that Sele actually got "1" vote from a BBWA.  This person should have their voting status revoked.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess the English language confuses you. Much like baseball...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Aaron Sele can make the HOF ballot,  Wakefield surely deserves to.

What's sad is that Sele actually got "1" vote from a BBWA.  This person should have their voting status revoked.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Sele is thinking the same thing.   LOL 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ilk1

n 1. a type; class; sort (esp in the phrase of that, his, her, etc., ilk) people of that ilk should not be allowed here of that ilk Scot of the place of the same name: used to indicate that the person named is proprietor or laird of the place named Moncrieff of that ilk [Old English ilca the same family, same kind; related to Gothic is he, Latin is, Old English gelÄ«c like]    

Made perfect sense to me....  unlike most of you're posts.