When the Red Sox win the World Series this year, will you publicly, on this forum, apologize?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: When the Red Sox win the World Series this year, will you publicly, on this forum, apologize?

I think Gonzalez makes a good point, except for one thing. They will not be an underdog. They were the odds on favorite to represent the AL in the World Series, so no one will take them lightly just because they had a rough September.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: When the Red Sox win the World Series this year, will you publicly, on this forum, apologize?

Yes, I wll. But if this trainwreck continues as it is headed, and they miss the playoffs, will you admit that Theo ruined the team by adding $200M (Crawford and Lackey); the two highest paid at thier position; one a known malcontent who's arm was already tired, and the other, a JAM (just another mercenary) like Manny, Ells (wants to be) -- fine, but $20 per year for a slightly better than marginal player (Crawford's defense has stunck as well).

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gready. Show Gready's posts

I will apologize and Boston may very well make the playoffs, but with Wake and Lackey going, winning two today is not likely.  I would do backflips for a split.  The Sox only stumble in if TB loses two of the next 4 games...my thinking anyway.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No need for me to appologize. I've said several times that the Sox would be tough in the playoffs--IF they can just get there. Wake/Lack today, got to get a W out of at least ONE of them. Prob'ly have to win 3 out of 5 to clinch, and at this point, even that is up in the air. This team couldn't BUY a win right now, even at $180M. But if they can come up with a couple soon and they get in, I think they'll be tough. A lot depends too on who they play. I don't like Texas in the first round, which is who we're up against right now. I'd rather play Detroit, and send Texas to the Stadium.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: When the Red Sox win the World Series this year, will you publicly, on this forum, apologize?:
    [QUOTE]Hi jessey; I would like to see a Red Sox-Yankees ALCS.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

That is my Mantra every year 2004.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

NO WAY WAKE OR LACKEY BEAT THE YANKEES "A" LINEUP WHICH
    THEY WILL TROT OUT TODAY. READ WHAT RUSSEL MARTIN SAID
    IN THE NEW YORK POST. " I HATE THE RED SOX". AND THAT GOES
    FOR A LOT OF THE YANKEES. THEY WANT TO BURY US, AND SO
    DOES THE STEINBRENNER BRAINTRUST. THERE WILL BE NO
    MERCY FOR THE RED SOX. WOULD WE GIVE THEM MERCY IF
    THE POSITIONS WERE REVERSED ?? I THINK NOT...NO DIEHARD
    SOX FAN WOULD WANT US TO GO EASY ON THE "EVIL EMPIRE"
    SO STOP DAYDREAMING. IF THEY GET A CHANCE TO BEAT US
    20-2 TODAY, THEY WILL NOT HESITATE. WAKE AND LACKEY ARE
    BEING PAID TO DO A JOB. IF THEY CAN'T,DON'T LOOK FOR THE
    YANKS TO SLACKEN OFF.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanmoncton. Show redsoxfanmoncton's posts

In Response to When the Red Sox win the World Series this year, will you publicly, on this forum, apologize?:
    [QUOTE]Will you? By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff NEW YORK — At least Adrian Gonzalez is confident. "I think when we get into the playoffs, whoever we play better watch out because we're going go inbeing the underdog, especially the way we've been playing this month,” he said after today's loss. "The odds are in our favor. We're not playing good baseball, but at the same time, we can come out tomorrow and win two games and pretty much be a lock to be in the playoffs. All these things can turn in a matter of 12 or 13 hours, whatever the case is.”
    really???? it takes this team approx 2 weeks now to get 2 wins, and all of a sudden you can win 2 games in one day, against the Yankees. WOW, must have brought in some new pitchers, hitters and fielders that I am not aware of because the ones from yesterday stand little chance. oh, and a new manager must be on the bench

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

They arer done, and after today with these two clowns pitching it will be even worse. They just cannot win anymore. How do you loose 3 out of 4 to Baltimore as well as previosly loosing 3 out of 4 to Toronto. Someone is going to be fired for this and I suspect it is going to be THEO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well adrian gonzalez must have just taken some happy pills or smoked a joint before that interview, because nothing the redsox are doing now is showing that they have an advantage against any of the playoff teams. not only do our back end starters stink, the two most consistent starters beckett and lester, stink now too

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

In Response to Re: When the Red Sox win the World Series this year, will you publicly, on this forum, apologize?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to When the Red Sox win the World Series this year, will you publicly, on this forum, apologize? : really???? it takes this team approx 2 weeks now to get 2 wins, and all of a sudden you can win 2 games in one day, against the Yankees. WOW, must have brought in some new pitchers, hitters and fielders that I am not aware of because the ones from yesterday stand little chance. oh, and a new manager must be on the bench
    Posted by redsoxfanmoncton[/QUOTE]
    Sox are the Sox today...Rays win... yanks rest in Tampa... it's over kids.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

what drug are you on, because I would like you to send me some.  The RS are not and I said are not going to the playoffs never mind winning the WS. 

I'm one of the biggest RS fan out there and have been for 50 years, But I can see horse s... when I see it. 

You don't even have to see it with this team, you can smell it from the state of Washington. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

My negative comments on this forum during this abominal September will not be apologized for in any manner. They are based on how horrendous this team, this organization has performed during the most critical part of the season.

If we do win the World Series, I will be amazed, jumping for joy, fist pumping strangers on the street and roll into the off season light headed with happiness....then I will begin to wonder how we fix the myriad of issues we have during the off-season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The way this team is playing, it's truly hard to be optimistic about anything. The only way I see them making the playoffs is with serious help from the Rays and Angels.

The Rays close at home against a Yankees team that has wrapped up not only the division but homefield in the ALCS. They can simply mail it in. The Halos are at Texas, which has wrapped up the division, though I suppose they care about having a better record than Detroit.

Honestly, and I hope I'm wrong, I don't see it turning out good for us.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

They've lost that loving feeling.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to When the Red Sox win the World Series this year, will you publicly, on this forum, apologize?:
    [QUOTE]Will you? By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff NEW YORK — At least Adrian Gonzalez is confident. "I think when we get into the playoffs, whoever we play better watch out because we're going go inbeing the underdog, especially the way we've been playing this month,” he said after today's loss. "The odds are in our favor. We're not playing good baseball, but at the same time, we can come out tomorrow and win two games and pretty much be a lock to be in the playoffs. All these things can turn in a matter of 12 or 13 hours, whatever the case is.”

Will you "apologize" if they don't even make the playoffs? There is never anything for a fan to apologize for if he or she says the team stinks, when it does. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Don't see any need for apologies since most comments are directed at the here and now performance of the team and if they get in...those comments will change accordingly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

[QUOTE]Don't see any need for apologies since most comments are directed at the here and now performance of the team and if they get in...those comments will change accordingly.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

WORLD SERIES? They will be VERY LUCKY to make it to the playoffs. I will be surprised if they make the playoffs the way they have played the last three weeks. Very poor pitching and atroshes defence. After some of these errors the player should have been pulled off the field. Their play is worse than my spelling.

Sections
Shortcuts