When will Papi Play in a Game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

When will Papi Play in a Game?

April 15th is my guess

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: When will Papi Play in a Game?

SON, not any time sooooon .......  the bad news is that the end is near as in done !!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I don't care if it's May 1st, as long as he's healthy when he does get out there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

SON, not any time sooooon .......  the bad news is that the end is near as in done !!!

Bill, please, I beg of you.  I know it doesn't get old for you, but have a little sympathy for the rest of us.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Baseball prospectus is estimating 100 games played. Not so sure on that.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Baseball prospectus is estimating 100 games played. Not so sure on that.

Remember when you wanted to DFA half the team in second week of the season last year to "save against the cap".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

ST games don't mean anything anyway, unless you are Buchholz, Pedey, Lester, Nap, or WMB. He could go 0 for ST for all I care.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Bill, please, I beg of you.  I know it doesn't get old for you, but have a little sympathy for the rest of us.  

Sorry Space ........   As two "old school " baseball guys & forevaa Red Sox fans I am just surprised that there are only about 3 + on this board that is concerned that PAPI's days with this unforgiving injury could be at the end........   Today on FELGA & MAZ, they were all over the Red Sox for allowing this to happen with a new 2 year contract........ Until it plays out, it certainly is news worthy and a major conversation topic with every passing day !!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

oh noes!!!11111 you mean members of the media were skeptical?!?!? how will they ever get people to listen/read?!?...........oh wait, that's how.

it's their job to over react.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Sorry Space ........   As two "old school " baseball guys & forevaa Red Sox fans I am just surprised that there are only about 3 + on this board that is concerned that PAPI's days with this unforgiving injury could be at the end........   Today on FELGA & MAZ, they were all over the Red Sox for allowing this to happen with a new 2 year contract........ Until it plays out, it certainly is news worthy and a major conversation topic with every passing day !!!!!

Its not the issue itself that is the problem here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

oh noes!!!11111 you mean members of the media were skeptical?!?!? how will they ever get people to listen/read?!?...........oh wait, that's how.

And like they said today, they bash everyone. Felger and Mazz are in it for the shock value and entertainment.

Should there be some level of concern for papi's health? sure, but not to the level some are taking it. Personally, I dont think papi will play more than 120 games either year, if even that. Is 13M for 2 yrs going to cripple this team? not even close, so why is the payroll a concern to some like Mazz and felger? Because it gives them something to overreact about and get all the Lemmings to follow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

And like they said today, they bash everyone. Felger and Mazz are in it for the shock value and entertainment.

Should there be some level of concern for papi's health? sure, but not to the level some are taking it. Personally, I dont think papi will play more than 120 games either year, if even that. Is 13M for 2 yrs going to cripple this team? not even close, so why is the payroll a concern to some like Mazz and felger? Because it gives them something to overreact about and get all the Lemmings to follow.

pretty much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Its not the issue itself that is the problem here.

Sorry,  But I won't that become a problem, if you won't ????

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WEEI all over the Red Sox this morning for giving a 26MIL contract when his foot was still in the boot !!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Papi missed 71 games last year and his injury is still not healed.  Is he going to the ellsbury school of healing.  Its been over 6 months and the guy still can't run.  How does management sign this guy to that contract knowing he is hurt?  I was impressed with their signing of Napoli after the injury came to light.  So what happened here, Papi gave them the old rope a dope on his injury?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Let's look at this.  For 2-3 years, RS management offered Ortiz one year contracts because they were concerned that age and health my be an issue. 

Then once he's a year older and health IS an issue (on the DL), they give him a TWO year deal.

Brilliant!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

There was an article on BDC today that said that he Achilles is healed and what he is feeling now is "general soreness" from being unable to run. Not sure I buy that since the source is the Red Sox and they are known to be less than forthright with the truth from time to time.  I would say that Bill is probably right: we will not see Ortiz any time soon.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts