When will Papi Play in a Game?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: When will Papi Play in a Game?

If this guy was that hurt , why did they sign him ?  They put Napoli through hell after agreeing in principle to a three year contract. I love Ortiz, but he has almost missed the last 8 months with this injury. What is going on with the Red Sox medical staff.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I guess, not everyone got the MEMO ..........  Lets walk thru this again.........  1/when the body is 37 going on 42 years of age......  2/275+-LB's...........  3/ Oh, the HEEL snaps 7 months ago................... 4/ Baseball is a game that requires strength,speed,top conditioning...............  well then the conclusion is CLEAR, CRYSTAL CLEAR, iS THERE ANY OTHER CLEAR.....  "LET ME BE CLEAR",  it is ovaa ... Now get used to it !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If there is one thing every RS fans should know after the past few years is

NEVER COUNT ORTIZ OUT

He has had issues before and always came back.

So do not count him out till he is out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

SON, not any time sooooon .......  the bad news is that the end is near as in done !!!

Bill, please, I beg of you.  I know it doesn't get old for you, but have a little sympathy for the rest of us.  

Sorry Space ........   As two "old school " baseball guys & forevaa Red Sox fans I am just surprised that there are only about 3 + on this board that is concerned that PAPI's days with this unforgiving injury could be at the end........   Today on FELGA & MAZ, they were all over the Red Sox for allowing this to happen with a new 2 year contract........ Until it plays out, it certainly is news worthy and a major conversation topic with every passing day !!!!!

Mostly we're just not obsessive-compulsive about it.  Every team has a guy that is nicked up.  Do you feel like God should be blessing us with perfect health this year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

SON, not any time sooooon .......  the bad news is that the end is near as in done !!!

Bill, please, I beg of you.  I know it doesn't get old for you, but have a little sympathy for the rest of us.  

Sorry Space ........   As two "old school " baseball guys & forevaa Red Sox fans I am just surprised that there are only about 3 + on this board that is concerned that PAPI's days with this unforgiving injury could be at the end........   Today on FELGA & MAZ, they were all over the Red Sox for allowing this to happen with a new 2 year contract........ Until it plays out, it certainly is news worthy and a major conversation topic with every passing day !!!!!

Mostly we're just not obsessive-compulsive about it.  Every team has a guy that is nicked up.  Do you feel like God should be blessing us with perfect health this year?

At $26MIL someone should be  O-C about it.........  Papi is not nicked up, at this point he is not even FIT for his own GOLF TOURNEY  1!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

At $26MIL someone should be  O-C about it.........  Papi is not nicked up, at this point he is not even FIT for his own GOLF TOURNEY  1!!

not true

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to stillallbost08's comment:

not true

TRUTH  ?????  "In the eye of the beholder" !!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

If there is one thing every RS fans should know after the past few years is

NEVER COUNT ORTIZ OUT

He has had issues before and always came back.

So do not count him out till he is out.

I am not counting him out yet..by a long shot. However..this whole heel thing is and should be concerning to everyone involved. Ortiz had an MRI of both heels yesterday. If the Red Sox and Ortiz have been honest about the extent of this ongoing injury..then I am going to guess that this was done more to put Ortiz' worries at ease. If the Achilles is indeed healed then Ortiz may have to learn to live with the discomfort of the heel pain...which may be permanent thing. I've had tendonitis in my Achilles several times. There has always been some residual heel discomfort. This last time, the discomfort has still not disappeared completely after over a year. It didn't stop me from running a 5k this past fall. I just dealt with the pain afterward.

In any event..we are what..2.5 weeks from the regular season? Ortiz can't run more than one day without pain. Even the Sox are acknowledging he may not be ready for opening day.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

when will he play? maybe the old timers game in 2015

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

The Mexico league doesn't run that much !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

April 15th is my guess

This year or next?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Look on the bright side.

At least it wasn't Ben's standard 3/$39 million contract 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to KRomine's comment:

Look on the bright side.

your months late to the party. that joke got stale a looooong time ago.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to KRomine's comment:

Look on the bright side.

your months late to the party. that joke got stale a looooong time ago.

Yea but to the people who thought signing Ortiz was a bad deal, it is still funny.  And my comment about some ortiz lovers jumping ship, was directed at you.

It turns out that the ortiz contract could end up being two years at 30 million.

can you point out when i jumped ship?

Sections
Shortcuts