When will Wakefield and Varitek Be Put out to Pasture? I heard that reference from Harness in reference to another player

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

When will Wakefield and Varitek Be Put out to Pasture? I heard that reference from Harness in reference to another player

I think Wakefield is already out to pasture, and Varitek is hititng zero and is on his way out of the barn. Varitek has some basis to be a backup catcher, though the Red Sox should have gotten something better by now. But Wakefield staying and Aceves going should cause all Red Sox fans to cry foul!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good ole boys, there is a different standard, isn't there? You betcha!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: When will Wakefield and Varitek Be Put out to Pasture? I heard that reference from Harness in reference to another player

You're leaning hard on the good ole boys thing.  Do you see a good ole boys theme in all the player moves over the past few years?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: When will Wakefield and Varitek Be Put out to Pasture? I heard that reference from Harness in reference to another player

My allusion to "put out to pasture" was directed towards you.
    I do believe you used those same words several times over the last two years.

Don't you ever get tired of making the same damn complaints wrapped with different colored bows? You are making copy bands look original.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Here's the best "Good ole Boy"...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZxD3W7YL24

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

please add Cameron to that list - he makes me ill when he is playing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

If Varitek was Kurt Suzuki, he'd have been long gone. Not one of the "good ole boys".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Varitek and Suzuki are miles apart.
    As is the space between UR ears.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Suzuki is a lot better than Varitik, and the A's wouldn't send an old glove for Varitik.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Suzuki - 162 game avg: 14 HR  77 RBI  .263 BA   .321 OBP   .710 OPS
    Tek:  162 game avg:  20 HR 79 RBI .257 BA  .342 OBP .776 OPS 

Suzuki has been a liability with his pitching staff. In fact, early on, there was as much as a 3-run disparity between him and other catchers catching the same pitchers. The examples offer a valid frame of reference.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

harness, don't you know?

Career stats only count for Jake and Jed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Frown

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Harness, what are Varitiks numbers this year? He was pitiful out there, hardly able to move when Bourjos bunted. He's so blind he's missing the ball by a foot, and he can't see the ball when it's 10 feet next to him.

Never trust Varitik. I told my Dad that Hunter was sitting dead red and not to throw him a fast ball over the plate. Varitik put the glove down in meatball city.

Varitik should flash his magic fingers from the dugout, with signals to disguise his suggestions. He's the most pitiful hitting, fielding and throwin catcher in minor league baseball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Why didn't Tito go to Wakefield?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: When will Wakefield and Varitek Be Put out to Pasture? I heard that reference from Harness in reference to another player:
    [QUOTE]Harness, what are Varitiks numbers this year? He was pitiful out there, hardly able to move when Bourjos bunted. He's so blind he's missing the ball by a foot, and he can't see the ball when it's 10 feet next to him. Never trust Varitik. I told my Dad that Hunter was sitting dead red and not to throw him a fast ball over the plate. Varitik put the glove down in meatball city. Varitik should flash his magic fingers from the dugout, with signals to disguise his suggestions. He's the most pitiful hitting, fielding and throwin catcher in minor league baseball.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

And I suppose you've never lost UR balls.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Why didn't Tito go to Oki?
    Instead, Josh had to face the lefties and go 125 pitches.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Tito went to Oki, it was Wakefield's turn to shine. Varitek would have hurt himself if Wakefield pitched, which would have been a blessing. Varitek is pitiful out there, with magic fingers as his final excuse act. His best AB was when he got hit. A season highlight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I see you two are having fun again - its like watching the cat play with the ball of yarn.  Just to show goodwill harness I will let you choose your color (you being the yarn). What color do you want to be?

Side note:  I was not trying to pretend to be the victim in that other thread but I was letting you know that you are not the saint you pretend to be.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Why did magic fingers Varitek call for a meatball fastball to Hunter, with first base open and behind in the count?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

To say it's a "blessing" if anybody gets hurt is pathetic. You just showed UR colors.

To Burrito: I never, ever claimed to be a saint. Far from it. I just think we should own up to our retorts. Both of us are justifiably at fault in this regard.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

It would be a blessing if you hurt your fingers. Salty had great stuff, tonight. 3 runs in 9 road innings is a good starting pitching night for Salty. When his next turn in the rotation?