WHERE ARE ALL THE "SEND MILLER BACK TO THE MINORS" PEOPLE NOW?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE "SEND MILLER BACK TO THE MINORS" PEOPLE NOW?

m

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE "SEND MILLER BACK TO THE MINORS" PEOPLE NOW?:
    [QUOTE]wake should be replaced by Miller permanently...his upside is simply too great and even at this point in his career he is better than Father Time....seriously, if you had to win the last game of the season to get in to the post-season and had to start wake or miller, who would you want pitching??? No contest imo
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

yes, those are my thoughts too.
    let wake "fill in" sometime and get his 200th win.

thanks for all the good posts everyone!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE "SEND MILLER BACK TO THE MINORS" PEOPLE NOW?:
    [QUOTE]I don't recall anyone saying "send him to the minors". I'm not even sure if that was ever an option.  Good to see Miller pitch well. The Royals have a just barely better-than-average offense. He hasn't really faced many good offenses this season, but it is nice to see his ERA go under 5.00. Here's a look at Miller's opponents and their offensive rating (by runs sscored) SD    (25) Pitt  (27) Hou (26) Bal   (18) TB    (14) Bal  (18) KC   (13) CWS (19) KC    (13) Out of this group, only TB has a great pitching staff, so with the great run support the Sox provide, perhaps Miller has been set up to succeed more than any other starter in MLB this year. Still, you gotta love the team 8-1 record As for this: "HES BEEN EQUAL TO OR BETTER THAN  lackey and wake.." I couldn't disagree more. Yes, he has a better 2011 ERA than Lackey, but that is where it ends. If you go back beyond this season, Miller's numbers pale in comparison.   Besides his much easier opponents faced than Wake and Lackey, look at these starter numbers this year: IP/GS Wake     108/17  (6.3 per start) Lackey 122.2/21 (5.8) Miller     45.2/9   (5.1) When you start Miller over Wake, you need about 1 and 1/3 more IP from the pen, and it's not from Bard or Paps.  ERA Wake    4.92 Miller    4.93 Lackey  6.02 (2nd half: Lackey 4.53, Wake 5.22, Miller 6.23) Miller's ERA is now under 5.00, but remember he has not started vs an offense rated higher than 13th out of 30, and he has only had a sub 5.00 ERA once in his 5 previous seasons in MLB (4.84 in 2009). His career ERA is 5.72. (Sidenote to Geo: there is also much more "downside" to Miller than to Lackey, Bedard or Wake). WHIP Wake   1.315 Lackey 1.549 Miller    1.774 (2nd half: Wake 1.336, Lackey 1.557, Miller 2.000) Miller is way behind here, and to me, WHIP is a very good indicator on how well a starter is pitching (or not in Miller's case). Opponent's OPS Wake   .772 Miller   .843 Lackey .847 (2nd half: Wake .834, Lackey .856, Miller .898)  Miller is close to Lackey here, but not close to Wake. SO/BB Lackey  2.32 Wake    1.90 Miller    1.18 (2nd half: Lackey 3.78, Wake 2.89, Miller 1.05) Miller has serious BB issues. Wake has the bext BB/9 rate out of all Sox starters from 2010 to present. Other than ERA, there really is no comparison, especially  when looking at the overall context of strength of opponents faced, run support, and prior performance records.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

thanks for yor stat points.
    there were saying it beor ehe was even called up (leave him there), etc.
    adn after, he shouldnt be up. was a whjole lot of it.

i still like him over wake in a 5v man rotation. gotta make him a ruthless pitcher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

HES BEEN EQUAL TO OR BETTER THAN  lackey and wake. if we let him work on it, he may be better by playoffs or by next year (and in the meantime, he could just continue winning games allowing 1-4 runs per game usually 1-3).

Andrew Miller has 7 starts this year and has given up 7 ER twice i games.  Tim Wakefield has liek 19 starts and has done it once.  

But it is very important to remember that Andrew Miller is outpitching Wakefield this year.  And Miller's 4.99 ERA is vastly superior to Wakefield's 4.97. 

Also, Miller is very important for team morale, as he never selfishly keeps the ball beyond the 6th inning and always makes sure those bullpen guys get to play, too...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Notin, UR dripping blood all over the BDC floor.
    Please wipe UR blade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

danny was right. 

One "bad" game and it's dump Wake time again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

told you so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

When I saw the thread title I was sure that it was penned by JimDavis, JiminFlorida, or the other Jim. Why are Jims such loyal Red Sox fans?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The jims are the most loyal, even jim ed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Not if JC JC JC is really Jim Carey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Former B's goalie

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

You must type faster than a one-legged man in an azz-kicking contest.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

great, now go fck yourself.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Trying to talk to posts like this reminds me that in theory there is no difference between theory and practice (i.e. here with you). In practice there is, though.

Now try to read what actually happened.
    Tim Wakefield
    appeared in a reasonably good position to win his 200th game tonight, but things went south in a hurry during a seven-run sixth inning for the Royals, who walked away with a 9-4 victory.

The loss went to reliever Matt Albers, who was torched for five runs on three hits and two walks. He entered with one out and the tying run on third and only retired one batter.

Wakefield was asked if he’s been frustrated by his inability to reach the milestone, even though he’s pitched reasonably well during that stretch.

“It hasn’t the last five starts,” he said. I’ve been trying to take it, you know, like it’s a normal start, and try to go out there and try to give us quality innings and quality starts. I had a bad sixth inning.”

Not as bad as Albers, such a valuable contributor all season, the hard-throwing righty has been torched for a 12.38 ERA this month, allowing runs in five of seven appearances, as his ERA climbs from 2.09 to its current 3.71.

“I feel physically and mentally good,” Albers said. “The confidence is there. It comes down to execution. It’s a fine line. You definitely want to improve, but you don’t want to be making complete changes, either. I’m not quite where I need to be.”

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]Trying to talk to posts like this reminds me that in theory there is no difference between theory and practice (i.e. here with you). In practice there is, though.   Now try to read what actually happened. Tim Wakefield appeared in a reasonably good position to win his 200th game tonight, but things went south in a hurry during a seven-run sixth inning for the Royals, who walked away with a 9-4 victory. The loss went to reliever Matt Albers , who was torched for five runs on three hits and two walks. He entered with one out and the tying run on third and only retired one batter. Wakefield was asked if he’s been frustrated by his inability to reach the milestone, even though he’s pitched reasonably well during that stretch. “It hasn’t the last five starts,” he said. I’ve been trying to take it, you know, like it’s a normal start, and try to go out there and try to give us quality innings and quality starts. I had a bad sixth inning.” Not as bad as Albers, such a valuable contributor all season, the hard-throwing righty has been torched for a 12.38 ERA this month, allowing runs in five of seven appearances, as his ERA climbs from 2.09 to its current 3.71. “I feel physically and mentally good,” Albers said. “The confidence is there. It comes down to execution. It’s a fine line. You definitely want to improve, but you don’t want to be making complete changes, either. I’m not quite where I need to be.”
    Posted by Goofywocky[/QUOTE]

I still say Wakefield is correct. He has given the team 5 good to serviceable starts in each of the last 5. I really don't know what more people can expect from him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE "SEND MILLER BACK TO THE MINORS" PEOPLE NOW? : I still say Wakefield is correct. He has given the team 5 good to serviceable starts in each of the last 5. I really don't know what more people can expect from him.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

They want him to be younger and throw harder.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

notin, EXACTLY

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE "SEND MILLER BACK TO THE MINORS" PEOPLE NOW? : They want him to be younger and throw harder.
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Perhaps a nice toupee and some saliva on his FB.

Smile

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

And if would have been beckett or lester or lackey in the 6th tonite struggling with 1 out....you JUST KNOW, they would have been left to complete the inning

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

and we'll continue to use wake's as long as he can eat some innings for us----I'll turn my back on him being a whipping boy from some of the fans and press, right!?

and that is Tito thinking...he doesn't care anything about wake's...you know  wakes will not be in the playoff picture when sept. rolls around--hasn't been before

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You are wise to have a back-up identity during the dog-days of posting.
    I'm surprised you didn't go with an ex-Bruin facsimile.
    This was their year!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]and we'll continue to use wake's as long as he can eat some innings for us----I'll turn my back on him being a whipping boy from some of the fans and press, right!? and that is Tito thinking...he doesn't care anything about wake's...you know  wakes will not be in the playoff picture when sept. rolls around--hasn't been before
    Posted by Goofywocky[/QUOTE]

But... but... but.... he only gets left in games because he is Tito's friend!! It HAS to be true! I read in on a BDC message board from a guy who had no inside sources or even anything insightful to say.  Why would a guy like that lie to me?!!?

Why !?!? WHY!??!?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1) More starts since May 22nd than any other Sox starter.
    2) More IP since May 22nd than any other Sox starter (about 6 2/3 per).
    3) Best Sox starter BB/9 rate from 2010-2011.
    4) 5th best ERA of healthy Sox starters (Beck, Lest, Bed, Miller, Wake, Lack)
    5) 4th best WHIP of the healthy 6 Sox starters (see #5).
    6) 5th best K/BB ratio of the healthy 6 Sox starters.
    7) 4th best opponent's OPS.
    8) 4th best OBP against.
    9) 3rd best BA against (.264).
    10) Best CS% of any Sox starter with more than 2 attempts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WHERE ARE ALL THE "SEND MILLER BACK TO THE MINORS" PEOPLE NOW? : [QUOTE ]By the way Kim, pointing out the obvious is not a "Keep Worrying" post or negative bias against a team/player "IF" the facts support an argument or a differing view than that of your own or another. If you grow up and leave the homerism at the door then you may become a positive member of the fraternity known as BDC On the Front Burner. You take issue with anyone here that says anything positive about the Yankees yet you fail to realize that they are our biggest rival "AND" are currently in first place. Don't you think that if a starting pitcher hasn't proven that he can beat our biggest rival that maybe there is a debatable issue?
    Posted by playball01[/QUOTE]

I don't have to leave my homerism at the door. I'm a Red Sox fan on a Red Sox board on Boston.com. I can't imagine a better place for a "homer" even though they aren't really welcome here. While there may be some neutral fans here and some fans who believe all fans should be neutral here, there should be room for homer fans such as myself as well. And they shouldn't be abused because of it. I've never heard of that happening on a Yankee board.

Yankee fans and their friends will never dictate how I post on my own team's board. And I take issue with fans who try to keep this board in a constant state of panic anytime something goes wrong. That includes all the Yankees aliases that come out and fill the board whenever the Sox lose with their gloom and doom posts. If they were just critical Sox fans, they would be here complaining even if the Sox were winning -- such is the nature of a critical fan. The ones who show up here during the losses are just Yankee fans enjoying the moment and spreading the misery by pretending to be Sox fans. Same goes for fans who have 7 million posts in two weeks or whatever, and try to turn positive posts into negative threads.

And, FTR, our fifth starter doesn't necessarily have to beat the Yankees as he probably wouldn't be used in those games. Duh. We have enough pitchers who beat the Yankees. The way the Sox have been playing the Yankees this season, I could be the pitcher and we would still win the game -- although I may hold the record for hitting batters. lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE "SEND MILLER BACK TO THE MINORS" PEOPLE NOW? : Hmmm counting posts and judging what others write, reminds me a lot of Pawsoxphil.
    Posted by Mikeyinthebronx2[/QUOTE]

So, this is it for you? This is what you chose to do with your day? Police a rival team's forum? lol These same posts you make are all over the board. The day I spend a second of my time policing a Yankee board, I would shut my computer off for good. That would be a wake-up call for any normal person. I can't imagine what your life must be like if this is all you want to do with your time.

Do you even follow your own team?

Sections
Shortcuts