Where are all the Beckett Haters?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Where are all the Beckett Haters?

Is it an Odd year for Beckett?  If so I expect him to stink next year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Is it an Odd year for Beckett?  If so I expect him to stink next year. 

It's the other way around: he does well on odd years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BILL-806 & DAD are still here !!!    BECKETT$, FAT-CAT-BARRRR$TAD !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

How the heck did this thread get bumped from two years ago?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I for one still put all of last year on Valentine and the FO for getting BV and keeping him all year. I also was against the trade.

Agon was good all the time he was here.

CC was hurt and Josh was also hurt.

The crap about C & B was just that crap

I would take Josh over Dempster every day.

However I will say one thing I do like the team as it currently is. However it would be that much better with the three guys who were traded.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to jimdavis's comment:

In the Spring, all I heard was how Beckett was done.  I heard that Theo was a moron for extending him.  Now that he is lights out, no one is saying anything.  At least hang around and take your medicine. As I have said he is a horse and I'll give him the ball anytime.

He's pitching well but I would hardly call 0-2 w/ a 3.26 ERA lights out. Also why talk about him he's not on our team anymore he's a Dodger.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

One reason I do not hate Beckett: Game 5 of the 2007 ALCS in Cleveland vs. their ace, Sabathia

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Hater is a strong word.  I'm glad he's gone but I don't hate the man and never said I did.  There is more to being a good fit for a team and clubhouse than stats alone.  We traded the misfits to the Dodgers and if they do well in LA - fine - that doesn't mean they would've played well in Boston. Our clubhouse is healthier without them and our team is playing better without them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

Hater is a strong word.  I'm glad he's gone but I don't hate the man and never said I did.  There is more to being a good fit for a team and clubhouse than stats alone.  We traded the misfits to the Dodgers and if they do well in LA - fine - that doesn't mean they would've played well in Boston. Our clubhouse is healthier without them and our team is playing better without them.

B I N G O  !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

Pretty well stated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

I for one still put all of last year on Valentine and the FO for getting BV and keeping him all year. I also was against the trade.

Agon was good all the time he was here.

CC was hurt and Josh was also hurt.

The crap about C & B was just that crap

I would take Josh over Dempster every day.

However I will say one thing I do like the team as it currently is. However it would be that much better with the three guys who were traded.

Dempster has looked better than Beckett has so far and I would bet he will finish with better numbers than Beckett does as well.

Sections
Shortcuts