Where are all the Beckett Haters?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Where are all the Beckett Haters?

There's always hope, but even when the guys he bashes do great, he's here finding faults... see Jed.

He said that Jed's RBI last nigt doesn't count because it was not deep and Drew was almost out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Good to see Josh back to his A game...Team needs it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlargyBlarg. Show BlargyBlarg's posts

You will lose this game or two, when you hide under the bridge. The industry is happy, some scientists, as we know, but I think many of them are still hidden Yankees.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all the Beckett Haters?:
    [QUOTE]You will lose this game or two, when you hide under the bridge. The industry is happy, some scientists, as we know, but I think many of them are still hidden Yankees.
    Posted by BlargyBlarg[/QUOTE]

I guess you're saying the Red Sox shouldn't hide under any bridges where they might encounter Yankee scientists. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Can you imagine if the Sox did not extend Beckett last year?  More than likely, he would be in pinstripes this year (or possibly Texas).  Then you would have heard the same people who were complaining about how stupid it was to extend Beckett complaining about how stupid it was to not lock up Beckett. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

I'm right here. Quick clarification- I don't "hate" Beckett just didn't like the 4-year extension. It appeared I was right last year, but he is currently make my opinion seem foolish. However, be careful to not post stuff like this after two good games- he has a long way to go to make anyone eat their words.

Finally, if Lackey starts pitching well and Crawford plays like an All-Star they too will make me eat my words because those are two contracts I thought at the times and still think are foolish.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I'm right here. Quick clarification- I don't "hate" Beckett just didn't like the 4-year extension. It appeared I was right last year, but he is currently make my opinion seem foolish. However, be careful to not post stuff like this after two good games- he has a long way to go to make anyone eat their words. Finally, if Lackey starts pitching well and Crawford plays like an All-Star they too will make me eat my words because those are two contracts I thought at the times and still think are foolish.
    Posted by Wolfpack13[/QUOTE]

The extension was the right move.  Even if a player gets hurt that does not make the team wrong.  The Mets made the right move with Santana even though he is currently hurt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I'm right here. Quick clarification- I don't "hate" Beckett just didn't like the 4-year extension. It appeared I was right last year, but he is currently make my opinion seem foolish. However, be careful to not post stuff like this after two good games- he has a long way to go to make anyone eat their words. Finally, if Lackey starts pitching well and Crawford plays like an All-Star they too will make me eat my words because those are two contracts I thought at the times and still think are foolish.
    Posted by Wolfpack13[/QUOTE]

You sound like part of the "I told you so" crowd.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

It sounds to me like Wolfpack enjoys eating crow every night. Don't those on a diet of crow ever wonder why their freezer has nothing else in it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Why be so down on EVERY move?  Why not just accept that the organization knows more than you and enjoy the ride?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I'll step up & eat some of that crow.  After last year, watching EVERY SINGLE agonizing pitch of a truly horrific season with Beckett, I seriously worried whether he was done???  I really think there was something physically wrong with him & we never got the whole story.  After the first game for him this year, I was more than worried.  Yes!  I definitely had a few harsh things to say about Beckett, Lackey, & Dice-K.

Anyway.......    MAYA CULPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :)

As I've said on other threads...... I'm SO HAPPY to have been DEAD WRONG!!!!
    The pitching, especially Beckett, has been AWESOME these past 7 games.  Hey, Man enough to say I was wrong!

p.s.   Just because some of us vent, it doesn't mean we're jumpin ship or anything.   :)

GO SOX!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glumandrew. Show glumandrew's posts

I am sure that there were 10 million fans in RSN that were disappointed in Beckett, Lackey, and Dice-K last year and I imagine that they went to the beaches, lakes, or mountains to escape it all. A few probably beat up their wives, kicked their dog, or started a fight at the local bar. About 100-300 came here and preached to the choir. It was important to them to come here and tell us the obvious. Some blamed 2010 on the injuries, some blamed it all on Francona, some blamed it all on Theo not trading for a whole new team at the trading deadline, some blamed it all on Farrell, they all needed a convenient scapegoat. Everyone is different. This is definitely the place for fools to come to and vent and have an audience. They need attention and those who went to the beaches did not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I do not recall you ever making a post in support or against any of these pitchers, I only recall 100% of your posts relating to bashing other posters.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasloco. Show losmediasloco's posts

Burrito has said a hundred times that he loves Law, Softlaw, Babe, Marstan, RodfromCranston. and GermanySoxFan. He seems to identify with the forum's worst. That is fine, as he said, the forum would be a lonely place without such idiots and he is probably right. Burrito comes here for juvenile back and forth and that is fine - to each his own. Burrito by the way still reads his collection of old comic books. He is a nice guy - Garcia1 and Babe love him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I was critical of Beckett, precisely because he pitched like a disappointment in the last two years...nowhere near he is showing now that he is capable of. On his last playoff appearance you could see in his eyes that either he knew he did not deserve to be on the mound or he was not interested. As I said in an earlier post, he is showing velocity, movement and command he has not shown in a long time. I don't see why it's wrong to be critical of underperformance.

I am glad he's doing this now. Now that he is performing to expectation, I will also give him his due.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Why do people say he has been bad the last two years?  He was 17-6 with a 3.86 ERA in '09.  One could argue, especially because he had a career high in IP, that '09 was the second best season of his career (behind '07 of course).  He was also very good for the Marlins in '03, but he only had 23 starts and 142 IP that year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

This really isn't all that surprising.  Beckett has been lights out at times, and had some Cy Youngish campaigns......but the average baseball fans memory is about as short and forgetful as the american voters and all those nay-sayers are in hiding.  Some will admitt their errors, and be humble, others will admitt nothing, or even worse jump back on the Beckett bashing boat if he throws a bad game or two. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Action-Jackson. Show Action-Jackson's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Almost feel sorry for him after today's game as it was 0-0 into the 9th and he gave up only 6 hits but lost 1-0.  But LAD got 6 hits and 3 were from Gonzo and 2 from Punto !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" As I have said he is a horse and I'll give him the ball anytime."

I was never a Beckett hater but when he was the "Ace" here at the end of his run in town he did not exactly show leadership. He was part of a slacking "chicken and beer" mentality that was about taking advantage of the freedom Francona gave them to act like men. For some reason he didn't seize the opportunity to be a true captain, arrive in camp in shape and make it happen. 

In short, he needed a change of scenery. That's all. Doesn't take away from his legacy here as a World Series Champ (or from his Florida ring) but it was time for him to move on. It's pretty clear our own pitching staff is rejuvinated in his absence. You don't have an epic collapse without some responsibility and accountability. So it goes, not fair to scapegoat Josh but he was clearly in the middle of it. Yeah, and it was time for Francona to move on as well. I still respect him also.

This was a win-win. You don't get a team willing to take on almost 300 million in our salaries if they aren't getting some decent pieces. I wish Josh well. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It's pretty sad when someone drags up a post from 2 YEARS ago.It's even sadder that they have nothing better to do than to look for it.

Looks like "Action Jackson" isn't getting much "action"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

It's pretty sad when someone drags up a post from 2 YEARS ago.It's even sadder that they have nothing better to do than to look for it.

Looks like "Action Jackson" isn't getting much "action"

LOL  mr mojo

Sections
Shortcuts