Where are all the Beckett Haters?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Where are all the Beckett Haters?

In the Spring, all I heard was how Beckett was done.  I heard that Theo was a moron for extending him.  Now that he is lights out, no one is saying anything.  At least hang around and take your medicine. As I have said he is a horse and I'll give him the ball anytime.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Where are all the Beckett Haters?

Hiding, I would imagine. Although I have to admit I have called him a knucklehead on occasion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

But when he reported to camp looking like this

Instead of like this

I thought maybe we could expect good things from Mr. Beckett this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I moved him up on my Fantasy Draft just yesterday - ahead of Oswalt and Lee.... go Josh!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xorsed. Show xorsed's posts

They're bashing him in an alternative universe. One in which good starts are bad. Opposite Town, or something like that. (I come up with some wierd ideas..haha)

carnie...is that second photo real?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yeah. I've seen it before.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all the Beckett Haters?:
    [QUOTE]carnie...is that second photo real?
    Posted by xorsed[/QUOTE]Last year at spring training.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Beckett has been hurt since the end of 2008. Anyone who thinks a little baby fat is responsible for his subpar 09-10, well... let's just say they have too much fat between their ears. 

As for his performance, did you guys see his reaction when pedey threw out Aybar trying to stretch for a triple last night?  That could have fired him up and helped him get through the inning. 

So far the Sox defense has been outstanding this year, leading both leagues with only 7 errors.  That's could be a big help to guys like Beckett who feed on emotion. 

-Daf. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Defense is certainly a key.  A Gon is great and Scutaro's arm has healed.  It was a great team win last night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the Beckett Haters? : great point about the defense too...the infield (with the exception of Lowrie) is scooping everything up.  Gonzo is as good or better than I thought he'd be at first.
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth[/QUOTE]Jarret, just the games i watched him play against the Mets suggested you guys were getting a really good player...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

I see much more movement on his fastball this year.  On occasion, a few still look flat, but most have looked really good.

Combine that with an also-usually-sharp curve, and that's the reason I think he is night-and-day better than last year.

Did his back injury significantly flatten his FB last year?  Dunno.  I assume any pain will affect one's delivery.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

Babe?  Where are you?  I think you're one of the guys Jim Davis is talking about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I see much more movement on his fastball this year.  On occasion, a few still look flat, but most have looked really good. Combine that with an also-usually-sharp curve, and that's the reason I think he is night-and-day better than last year. Did his back injury significantly flatten his FB last year?  Dunno.  I assume any pain will affect one's delivery.
    Posted by SleeStack1[/QUOTE]

The fastball movement is a great point.  It had nice life last night and fooled the ump a few times.  Josh didn't let anything bother him last night, even the 2 run HR by Hunter.  I love what I see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I WILL ADMIT, JIM.......   AND DAD WOULD SAY.....   "SON, WE ARE BOTH, PLEASANTLY SURPRISED"  !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Babe?  Where are you?  I think you're one of the guys Jim Davis is talking about.
    Posted by redsoxfan791[/QUOTE]

You are right.  I had to listen all winter to angry Sox fans and gloating Yankee fans about Beckett.  Now that he is pitching like the Beckett I know, no one has anything to say.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

everytime a sox fan said they expected beckett to return to form, there was a yankee fan who asked what do you base that on? when his injurys were mentioned, we got the same answer over and over and over...john farrell said he was healthy...i guess you know more than the sox pitching coach.... i guess we did;)) then we got he wasnt really hurt when  put on the DL after the NYY game and MLB should do something about letting teams put players on the DL without real injury.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i love josh - always have, always will (unless his pulls a Roidger)

watching him pitch and be so fired up each game is one of the great joys of watching the Sox play - he WANTS to win - just like Pedroia...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

they showed becketts reaction to the relay play to third from drew to pedey to lowrie, to gun down the probable game winning run. he was FIRED UP. may have gotten him thru the inning. thats the old beckett.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the Beckett Haters? : The fastball movement is a great point.  It had nice life last night and fooled the ump a few times.  Josh didn't let anything bother him last night, even the 2 run HR by Hunter.  I love what I see.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]Mornin JD, Becks pitched a good game, starting to look sharp, i think the only area they may have to look at is he's still getting bit by the HR bug a bit, though like you said he didn't let that one affect him, it may stll be worth watching..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Too bad they couldn't stick a mike on Beckett for a game.  Even if he mows down the side with ease he comes off the field cursing about something.  Too funny.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the Beckett Haters? : Mornin JD, Becks pitched a good game, starting to look sharp, i think the only area they may have to look at is he's still getting bit by the HR bug a bit, though like you said he didn't let that one affect him, it may stll be worth watching..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

starting to look sharp? this was his third consecutive great start jete. had a no hitter going thru 5. that was the first "hit" of the game off beckett in the 7th. the other was a high pop up Beckett couldnt get out of his glove to get the play at first. regardless, beckett was close to 100 pitches, it was a 3-2 count. good hitter in tori hunter, was waiting and all over it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Too bad they couldn't stick a mike on Beckett for a game.  Even if he mows down the side with ease he comes off the field cursing about something.  Too funny.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

It is that passion that made me think that Sox fans would love no matter what.  That and 2003 in Yankee Stadium, 2007 against the Indians, etc.  Instead, many turned on the guy and showed no support.  The early extension might have been Theo's way of telling him that the organization had his back and knew he was still a dominant pitcher.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the Beckett Haters? : starting to look sharp? this was his third great start jete, had a no hitter going thru 5. that was the first "hit" of the game off beckett in the 7th. the other was a high pop up Beckett couldnt get out of his glove to get the play at first. regardless, beckett was close to 100 pitches, it was a 3-2 count. good hitter in tori hunter, was waiting and all over it.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] ok wrong choice of words....boy, that's LAST time i'll ever compliment that bum...Beckett..you stink..Tongue outWink...forgot he had a start after the Yanks/Sox series.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Few actually hated him, but there were understandably a ton of skeptics, me among them. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

He's dealing....nobody can deny that.