Where are all the Beckett Haters?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Re: Where are all the Beckett Haters?

I've been defending him all winter i had a feeling that him and dice K were going to have good seasons. So far Becketts proved me right and idk yet about Dice. As i said in some other posts earlier in the season Beckett has been my favorite pitcher since i watched baseball and i know his stuff is good. As long as his curve ball is on thats the key. The curveball mixed with a good fast ball is more than anybody could ask he doesnt even really need his other pitches if hes got those two going.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

So has andrewmitch changed his quote and gone into denial it ever existed?

Simply bashing the weakness on any team and claiming it as proof that the team is mismanaged is short-sighted and, well, stupid. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

Those Beckett bashers were merely expressing their genuine CONCERNS. You can't fault them for that. The typify the best of Red Sox Nation and we are very fortunate to have them as worried members. They were here when Pedroia came up from Pawtucket and expressed their deep, sincere concern when he started out so poorly. They were here when Bucholz looked like a deer in the headlights and shouted out their CONCERNS to inform us that the sky was falling.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all the Beckett Haters?:
    Beckett has been hurt since the end of 2008. Anyone who thinks a little baby fat is responsible for his subpar 09-10, well... let's just say they have too much fat between their ears. 
    As for his performance, did you guys see his reaction when pedey threw out Aybar trying to stretch for a triple last night?  That could have fired him up and helped him get through the inning.  So far the Sox defense has been outstanding this year, leading both leagues with only 7 errors.  That's could be a big help to guys like Beckett who feed on emotion.  -Daf. 
    Posted by DaffyDan

Ask a pregnant woman if a little 'baby fat' can be responsible for a bad back. If you look closely at the two pictures, you can see that we aren't talking about a bit of beer (or pizza) gut. You can see added weight in his face and jowls, etc. That is whole-body fat (trust me - I know...I resemble that remark - lol). He was terribly out of shape.
    Anyone who thinks a little baby fat can't cause or exacerbate a back issue may also have too much fat between their ears  :)

That said, I absolutely was one of those who had little to no confidence that Beckett would return to his old form. I didn't bash or call for his head as others did; I just said I didn't share his supporters' confidence. I am thrilled that he has returned to his dominant role. I just think some need to accept that his problems were, at least in part, his own fault.

I totally agree with all of your other points. His attitude, the defense...definitely big factors in his (and others') performances.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

As for his performance, did you guys see his reaction when pedey threw out Aybar trying to stretch for a triple last night?  That could have fired him up and helped him get through the inning. 

I agree. Good to see the fire coming out a little in this team. That's why I wasn't too upset at Lackey for mouthing off a little the other day. This team needs a little more swagger. Looks like they're starting to wake up a little, hope it continues. Being at .500 isn't out of the question for April. They have to go 6-2 to get there. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

What if Lackey and Dice start stringing together some good starts.... It'll be a ghost town around here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The world is divided into whiners and non-whiners.  The people that you think hate Beckett don't really hate him, they just need something to whine about.  They'll be whining about something else right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

He's dealing....nobody can deny that. 
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx

Josh was Character Zero through the first five last night.  Too bad he gave up that cheap hit just when things were getting interesting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

The world is divided into whiners and non-whiners.  The people that you think hate Beckett don't really hate him, they just need something to whine about.  They'll be whining about something else right now.
    Posted by Joebreidey

You might just be right.  2004 and 2007 must have been really tough for them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all the Beckett Haters? : You might just be right.  2004 and 2007 must have been really tough for them.
    Posted by jimdavis

2007 was where the quote 'it was the best of times; it was the worst of times' comes from.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

HAHA beckett is a beast as many redsox fans such as myself defended him over the winter and spring training. Im glad most the posters who bashed him are gone. When beckett is pitching like beckett he is one of the most special players in baseball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

HAHA beckett is a beast as many redsox fans such as myself defended him over the winter and spring training. Im glad most the posters who bashed him are gone. When beckett is pitching like beckett he is one of the most special players in baseball.
    Posted by RSF4Life234

Yup, check the archived forum.  It is pretty easy to find Josh bashing there.  It is so quiet here that it is rather peaceful!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe Josh's nice start is the real reason softy changed his ID to GM.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Maybe Josh's nice start is the real reason softy changed his ID to GM.
    Posted by moonslav59

You might be right, Moon.  Was Softy one of the anti-Josh brigade?  I don't recall.  I would guess so and the term wheelchair contract comes to mind.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

"You might be right, Moon.  Was Softy one of the anti-Josh brigade?  I don't recall.  I would guess so and the term wheelchair contract comes to mind."

i think he was to concerned with ells and lowrie to focus on anything else

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I've been predicting a bounce-back year for Beckett, and nothing pleases me more than seeing him start strong. 

Some fans are very fickle - a guy has a bad year and they assume he's done forever. I hope Beckett continues to prove these people wrong.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all the Beckett Haters? : Yup, check the archived forum.  It is pretty easy to find Josh bashing there.  It is so quiet here that it is rather peaceful!
    Posted by jimdavis

gives new meaning to Good FridayLaughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy called Lackey andn Beckett fat union slugs and bashed Theo for paying them too much. He blamed them for the reason we did not win last year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

softy called Lackey andn Beckett fat union slugs and bashed Theo for paying them too much. He blamed them for the reason we did not win last year.
    Posted by moonslav59

Oh, yes.  Now it all comes flowing back to my mind.  If Lackey pitches well, we may never see Softy again.

Sections
Shortcuts