Where are all the "Bring back Bronson Arroyo" threads?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Where are all the "Bring back Bronson Arroyo" threads?

They are calling Bronsons effort last night a "gem" as the Reds play-off game two starter pitched Cincinatti to a victory over the SF Giants; the Reds are now up in the series 2-0.

Link:  url

I realize he would not be a huge difference maker here in Boston the past two seasons, likely holding down the #4 spot in the rotation. However it does remind me of how disturbed I was in the way Theo traded him away.

Good game Bronson!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Where are all the

theo was smahter than us all....dont question him...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

smaaaaaht

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Did WMP have any hits?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I loved that trade.  Once I saw a little more of Wily Mo, I couldn't believe how little fundamentals he had.  You can't get too far away from K/W ratios.

OTOH, Theo was sharp enough to pick Arroyo off of waivers, so.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

theo was smahter than us all....dont question him...

Some of us can say Theo made plenty of mistakes, without blaming him for everything that's gone wrong.

Some can't...

Frankly, Im surprised Francona escaped any blame for WMP.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

There is no question that Arroyo has been a much more solid major league pitcher than anyone in Boston ever thought that he would become.

A the time of the trade, Pena had outstanding right handed power potential and Arroyo was kind of a spare bullpen arm

The trade for Pena did not work out, but that is how things go sometimes.  Please don't tell me that you fully believed that he would fail so badly and Arroyo would succeed like he has done in Cincinnati.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It was a bad trade.  To his credit, Theo eventually turned WMP into 2 draft picks, one of which was Ranaudo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

could case be made that he was rushed to the majors to soon (yankees fault)

You not only could make the case, it would hard to avoid.

Part of this was his agent's fault.  Some of the contracts are written to minimize minor league time.  I can understand that with say a college pitcher.  With just two years in the minor, a college graduate might be 24-25 when he makes the pros.  So the player has a legit interest in minimizing his minor league time.

But WMP was 20 when he made his debut.  He had just finished a season in A-ball with a 177/33 K/W in single-A.  For the most part, you should really be under 2/1.  Plus he couldn't field.  He should've had at least another two years in the minors.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Arroyo is an "OK" pitcher in the NL.  Look at his ERA.  Probably average around 4.00 in his 7 years with the Reds's team!!

That is probably equal to this year Boston Red Sox starting pitching staffs!!

Had he stay on Boston's staff, he would be a bottom of rotation starter.  Boston have way too many bottom of the rotation starters than the upper ones.

So I am not going to cry over him seeing pitching for another team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Arroyo is an "OK" pitcher in the NL.  Look at his ERA.  Probably average around 4.00 in his 7 years with the Reds's team!!

That is probably equal to this year Boston Red Sox starting pitching staffs!!

Had he stay on Boston's staff, he would be a bottom of rotation starter.  Boston have way too many bottom of the rotation starters than the upper ones.

So I am not going to cry over him seeing pitching for another team.

What would have made Arroyo an asset is his durability.  He's averaged almost 215 innings per season with the Reds, with a low of 199.  That kind of reliability and innings consumption helps your staff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Yes, durability. Not saying we should have even kept him. I was making light of some fanatic posters who scream murder everytime an ex-player has a good season or game or even an at-bat. 

I was also recalling how he was traded even though he signed a team-friendly contract. Low blow by Theo IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

WMp was a project, like salty...but it didnt turn out very well....im of the opinion you never trade a decent arm unless you get a better one in return in a multiplayer swap...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

"making light" not stopping them. Nice spin pike now go back and reply to your other monikers and leave the rest of us alone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"So you were keeping fanatical posters from starting a thread like this one. Thanks. You did your job. Sort of like putting out a fire with gasoline."

Just curious Fenway Jimmy, why are you here? We already have Pike to lecture other posters how "true fans" should believe. Oh yeah, you are Pike. That's really helpful. We definitely need more than one finger-wagging proprietor in here. It's amazing, just curious, how do you like being a self-appointed moderator without any power whatsoever? 

You feel good about our crummy team? Great. But don't expect after a year like this one and a messed up ownership structure like we have to find happy fans in here. 

As for Arroyo, I hated that trade at the tijme. But I had no idea how good or at least dependable he would be. I just liked the dude, liked his attitude, liked watching him pitch. I think that was around the time I got frustrated with players getting shipped out of here who seemed to fit in really well culturally, etc, always looking for the shiny new object instead.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Just curious "Jimmy", what would you propose we talk about in here? Do you enjoy losing?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"So you were keeping fanatical posters from starting a thread like this one. Thanks. You did your job. Sort of like putting out a fire with gasoline."

Just curious Fenway Jimmy, why are you here? We already have Pike to lecture other posters how "true fans" should believe. Oh yeah, you are Pike. That's really helpful. We definitely need more than one finger-wagging proprietor in here. It's amazing, just curious, how do you like being a self-appointed moderator without any power whatsoever? 

You feel good about our crummy team? Great. But don't expect after a year like this one and a messed up ownership structure like we have to find happy fans in here. 

As for Arroyo, I hated that trade at the tijme. But I had no idea how good or at least dependable he would be. I just liked the dude, liked his attitude, liked watching him pitch. I think that was around the time I got frustrated with players getting shipped out of here who seemed to fit in really well culturally, etc, always looking for the shiny new object instead.

As William-806 might say, that's a B I N G O !!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Enchilada was trying to moderate, read the thread.You seem to be very confused. Read the thread slowly and try to comprehend that he was trying to stifle opinion."

Umm, no. Let me review it for you: 

!. Enchilada started a thread about Bronson Arroyo, just as anyone can start a thread on just about any topic in here. Those who want to respond can, those who don't, don't. 

2. You then responded by clearly implying this thread was counterproductive to this forum, "gasoline on a fire" as you put it. 

Do you disagree with these facts? 

I don't see how you could.

That makes you a wannabe moderator, implying that a thread is not acceptable to you in some way. 

Whatever confusion you may think I have is surely caused by the things you miss out on when you are rushing in and out of your closet changing screen names and personas.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts