Where are all the Red Sox Yes men? Who called anyone who posted negative, called them trolls?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Where are all the Red Sox Yes men? Who called anyone who posted negative, called them trolls?

There where a few Sox fans, who would take time in these pages, to dare criticise Red Sox management. For their opinions, they were called trolls, Yankee fans, all sorts of names. I at least wasn't a troll, although maybe a troll isn't a bad thing.

I was always able to say that thee biggest choke in MLB history happened on the East River, in the Bronx, in 2004. However I can no longer in good conscious say that, it has happened in 2011 in the month of September, and it didn't happen in the Bronx.

The real issue isn't failure, the real issue is why did they fail, one word Epstein. This guy with his uninformed sources, with his unlimited check book has hamstrung this franchise for years to come, this arrogant SOB has to go.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

Re: Where are all the Red Sox Yes men? Who called anyone who posted negative, called them trolls?

they're busy answering the calls,emails,text messages and tweets from their friends and associates who will be kidding them for years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Re: Where are all the Red Sox Yes men? Who called anyone who posted negative, called them trolls?

No comments from Beacon Hill or Jim from Florida, or Theo defenders, who think the Sun shines out of his you know what. What you don't realise, as many do Showalter for one, is that when you outbid your opponent and fail you are going to get undressed.

Not only that but when you pay ridicules amounts of money for mediocre players, you upset the apple cart. All of a sudden GM's think, wow I had that guy at 5 years for $10 million, and Theo gives him $147 mil for 7 years. That makes people angry. Not only that the player gets a bulls Eye on his back.

It throws the whole financial structure of MLB. into turmoil, the rich get richer, only this time they get poorer. Then all the recriminations, Dice K for $106 million, Lackey for $84 million, and K Krawford for $147 million. There are more , but why beat a dead horse.

The guy who signed these overpaid underachievers, should be on the next GreyHound to Chicago, they have a Gumby running the Cubbies, they think they have problems now, wait till Theo gets there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Don't you think maybe a little bit of the blame should go to the players for not playing up to their potential?

Shouldn't the majority of the most knowledgable people in the baseball world be fired also, for picking the sox to be the best team in baseball before the season started, except maybe for the Phillies?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

......it's a group effort. They all sucked. Tito...gone. Theo....gone. Ortiz....gone. Wake...retired. Dice-K....who? Youk....boo-boo, bursitis lol. Crawford...the new Buckner. I'm done discussing Sox, til "next year."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

All the posters who kept on saying, no problem, we've got this and all you negative posters are trolls now need to simply step up and state that they were wrong and those of us with experience in these types of Red Sox meltdowns were right. You could just see this happening from a mile away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all the Red Sox Yes men? Who called anyone who posted negative, called them trolls?:
    All the posters who kept on saying, no problem, we've got this and all you negative posters are trolls now need to simply step up and state that they were wrong and those of us with experience in these types of Red Sox meltdowns were right. You could just see this happening from a mile away.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

And all the "anyone who criticizes is just a pink hatter"...after the sweep in Tampa this became so obvious.  Really the only thing that dragged it out was the Tampa stretch that saw them go 3-6 against balt, ny, and toronto.  Yet the Sox still couldn't gain any ground.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

The really amazing thing about the hate towards those who KNEW this was coming since early last week is the absolute myopic view of these fools, to the total exclusion of the world falling down around them at the same time.. I mean, the WAY the team was blowing games and laying down, day after day, night after night, was totally lost on these DIE hard, now crushed fans. Mind blowing lack of reality....

I went to bed with the DRED SOX leading 3-2 and the yankees up 7-0. I felt a sense of relief thinking,, " well, they made it by the skin of their teeth, but they made it!". When I woke up, I have to admit a bit of disappointment, but more of resignation, that the choke was complete and total. It was more than meant to be, The DRED SOX were completely and totally complicit with slitting their own throats. Completely to blame. Worst choke in all sports history, AND THEY WORKED HARD FOR IT!!!

Those who cannot handle that this choking process was a visible and tangible phenomena need serious counselling, and also need to layoff those who saw the light a long, long time ago.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I hear ya Aussie I was all over Tito and the starting staff as early as July and I was deemed undesirable by the Blind Homers.  Even while we were winning (thanks to our offense) it was clear we had quietly scraped our ship on an iceberg in the still of the night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Still, the team that lost was not the team I was expecting. No Wheeler. No Jenks. No Buchholz. No Youkilis. I'm pretty sure Dice-K would've gotten them maybe 10, maybe 8, or even maybe 5 more wins. But, whatever. It is what it is and it just plain stinks. I don't mind criticism if it makes sense. Calling Crawford on that last play the new Buckner doesn't actually make a ton of sense. But, whatever. Keep up the good posts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all the Red Sox Yes men? Who called anyone who posted negative, called them trolls?:
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

Okay man I will do that.  I have been a Red Sox fan for 30 years so I have a LOT of experience with these kind of melt downs but I didn't see this coming.

I didn't call negative posters "trolls" but I did defend Francona and Epstein because of past success.  To me that just makes sense.  Just as it now makes sense to consider new options to run the team. I didn't think it wise to question a regime that had been the most successful in Red Sox history.

But with the way they played in September someone has to be accountable.

Sections
Shortcuts