Where are the Cherington critics?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Where are the Cherington critics?

You know what the sad part is that as much as I hate the Yankees you do not read about the nonsense that has been circulating in Boston because they win. This is what the Sox need to do, WIN and this garbage would be laughed at bynthe fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Where are the Cherington critics?:
    Do you have confidence in him to fix this disaster and get a good anchor starting pitcher? I don't. The Reddick trade was a disaster for Sweeney who never could hit. In Bailey they traded for an often injured pitcher that the jury is still out. It leaves a real bad taste in my mouth because how quickly Bailey was hurt and how much time he missed this year. Melancon was another disaster. The Theo Compenstaion was rediculous five months of waiting and we obtain a guy who needs arm surgery almost immediately. Lillibridge the guy who could not hit but had options when we were dealing from a position of strength was rediculous as well. Then he dumped off Lillibridge. Sounds like a guy who does not know what he is doing. Right ? In response to "Re: Where are the Cherington critics?":
    Posted by AL34

Ok, well like I said I don't blame the GM for injuries to Bailey and Sweeney.  Bailey had an injury completely unrelated to his previous injuries and Sweeney is now out for breaking his own hand.  I fail to see how this is a GM's fault. 

The Theo compensation is not on Ben as much as ownership, they let Theo walk with no compensation in place.  Plus, Carpenter has been pitching well in Pawtucket since getting healthy.  People who thought the Sox were going to get anything more than a prospect or 2 were crazy all along.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Maybe Cherington was as defanged as GM in the same way Valentine was as manager?
    Just puppets for Lucchino and whatever games he's playing on this dysfunctional chessboard.
    The lack of changes in the offseason are telling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Sweeney never ever could hit with power for a guy with his physique. I think the last time he hit a homerun was when George W Busch was the President. The hardest hit he had all year was when h epunched the door. i liked Reddick because he had some big hits with this team last year, one comes to mind is his hit against Marianno Rivera in early August last year. response to "Re: Where are the Cherington critics?":
    In Response to Re: Where are the Cherington critics? : Ok, well like I said I don't blame the GM for injuries to Bailey and Sweeney.  Bailey had an injury completely unrelated to his previous injuries and Sweeney is now out for breaking his own hand.  I fail to see how this is a GM's fault.  The Theo compensation is not on Ben as much as ownership, they let Theo walk with no compensation in place.  Plus, Carpenter has been pitching well in Pawtucket since getting healthy.  People who thought the Sox were going to get anything more than a prospect or 2 were crazy all along. Posted by Thesemenarecowards

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Maybe Cherington was as defanged as GM in the same way Valentine was as manager? Just puppets for Lucchino and whatever games he's playing on this dysfunctional chessboard. The lack of changes in the offseason are telling.
    Posted by rightymclefty

Agree.  People want to dump on Ben but we know that Valentine wasn't even his hire.  So it stands to reason he isn't free to do as he pleases. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Think this team would have played any better under Dale Sveum ? I don't, I think they would have walked all over him and done just as bad. The other side of the coin was that someone over-rode Cherrington on Sveum and wanted Bobby Valentine. I that case maybe Young Ben is not calling the shots here and maybe its Larry Luchinno. BTW I am still waiting for Ben's 'Bold Move" this year. In response to "Re: Where are the Cherington critics?":
    In Response to Re: Where are the Cherington critics? : Agree.  People want to dump on Ben but we know that Valentine wasn't even his hire.  So it stands to reason he isn't free to do as he pleases.  Posted by Thesemenarecowards

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Sweeney never ever could hit with power for a guy with his physique. I think the last time he hit a homerun was when George W Busch was the President. The hardest hit he had all year was when h epunched the door. i liked Reddick because he had some big hits with this team last year, one comes to mind is his hit against Marianno Rivera in early August last year. response to "Re: Where are the Cherington critics?":
    Posted by AL34

Yes, Reddick showed promise at times which is why the Red Sox were able to get an All-star closer and platoon RF in return for him.  It doesn't change the fact that Bailey and Sweeney being hurt is not the GM's fault.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Is AL34 trying to blame the Bailey injury on Cherrington? Amazing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Think this team would have played any better under Dale Sveum ? I don't, I think they would have walked all over him and done just as bad. In response to "Re: Where are the Cherington critics?":
    Posted by AL34

That isn't the point.  The point is that Cherington doesn't have the authority to choose a manager, so if he isn't the one ultimately calling the shots it is foolish to blame him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Is AL34 trying to blame the Bailey injury on Cherrington? Amazing.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

And Sweeney.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Not at all. Bailey has had a lot if injuries over the last couple of years and would not have been my choice as a replacement fir Papelbon. How did you like thestats on his other "setup" guy Melancon who was suppose to be our 8th inning guy while Bard was moved to the starting rotation. Not great moves right ? In response to "Re: Where are the Cherington critics?":
    Is AL34 trying to blame the Bailey injury on Cherrington? Amazing. Posted by 6k42lt913c

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

There's that Reddick thing again.
    The hit off Rivera was an accident, as he never hits to left field.
    His only "big" hit that I can recall.
    Now here's what you are missing.
    Since the All Star break, Reddick is hitting .208, .250 OBP, 5HRs, 17 RBI.A whopping .170 with RISP, and .087 in his last ten games.
    And 115 strikeouts.

You'd be screming for him to be benched, if he did this in Boston!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Never crazy for No Power Sweeney. BTW he was going to to be traded but his broken finger prevented that. In response to "Re: Where are the Cherington critics?":
    In Response to Re: Where are the Cherington critics? : And Sweeney. Posted by Thesemenarecowards

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

It was a solid hit I remember the game ! How would Reddicks 25 homeruns this year look on this team this year ? Billy Beane saw something in Reddick that we missed right ? How many round trippers does Sweeney have this year. I think its none right ? Sweeney is a defensive replacement at best in the outfield, not an everyday outfielder. In response to "Re: Where are the Cherington critics?":
    There's that Reddick thing again. The hit off Rivera was an accident, as he never hits to left field. His only "big" hit that I can recall. Now here's what you are missing. Since the All Star break, Reddick is hitting .208, .250 OBP, 5HRs, 17 RBI.A whopping .170 with RISP, and .087 in his last ten games. And 115 strikeouts. You'd be screming for him to be benched, if he did this in Boston! Posted by rightymclefty

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yes an Allstar closer who did not pitch this year, because true to form he was hurt again. In response to "Re: Where are the Cherington critics?":
    In Response to Re: Where are the Cherington critics? : Yes, Reddick showed promise at times which is why the Red Sox were able to get an All-star closer and platoon RF in return for him.  It doesn't change the fact that Bailey and Sweeney being hurt is not the GM's fault. Posted by Thesemenarecowards

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

So, let's just ignore the fact that Reddick stinks, and look only at HRs.
    Wow!
    Did you bother to read what I posted?
    Where are the guys who statistically rip Will Middlebrooks to shreads, on Reddick?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yeah you are right Reddick stinks! I would rather have Reddick than Sweeney anyday of the week. Again did you read my post about 25 homeruns to Sweeney's none ? What an ah{}e. In response to "Re: Where are the Cherington critics?":
    So, let's just ignore the fact that Reddick stinks, and look only at HRs. Wow! Did you bother to read what I posted? Where are the guys who statistically rip Will Middlebrooks to shreads, on Reddick? Posted by rightymclefty

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Who cares about Sweeney?
    There are a boatload of RFs I'd rather have than Reddick and his choking with rinners on base, and his .240 BA.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Who cares about Sweeney? There are a boatload of RFs I'd rather have than Reddick and his choking with rinners on base, and his .240 BA.
    Posted by rightymclefty

Yeah...but...but... the homers...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He needs to be freed from Luchino. Luchino is just looking for the next marketing push and is very much out of touch. He is refusing to admit failure. You got to start to feel if he doesn't step back the Sox are in trouble long term.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Reddick always seemed to try. 

He wouldn't fit in in Boston.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Yup, 115Ks and .170 BA w/ RISP, .208 post break with 15 RBI, is just what the Sox need.
    But he looks like he's trying hard.
    Wow!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

So, let's just ignore the fact that Reddick stinks, and look only at HRs. Wow! Did you bother to read what I posted? Where are the guys who statistically rip Will Middlebrooks to shreads, on Reddick?
    Posted by rightymclefty

Josh Reddick and Will Middlebrooks have value ... looking at larger samples, here are their minor league numbers:

JR 2003 PA, .278/.332/.500/.832, 154 BB (7.7%), 320 K (16.0%)
    WM 1706 PA, .276/.333/.454/.787, 128 BB (7.5%), 449 K (26.3%)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

BC is the man and BV is the problem is that what the Nation says? I hope not, Theo's stooge is in way over his head. Somebody, decided before the trade deadline that the Sox would not be participants. Henry, Luccino, B.C ? It certainly wasn't BV who is the reluctant  Engineer on the train wreck. 

ESPN who love to sell commercials, could'nt wait to jump on the mutiny on Landsdown St. In fact they were frothing at the mouth. Even though the Sox, are history ( sorry they were 10 games up at this time last year and still blew it) the press is still dumping on the Boston Red Sox. Why you say ? It sells . 
    If you look up the meaning of dysfunctional in the Encyclopedia you will find a picture of Ben Cherington. End of story. Shoppach after the deadline, did it for me.

Sections
Shortcuts