where are the WORKMAN kool-aiders today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

where are the WORKMAN kool-aiders today?

sometimes its best to let the big boys do their thing and to trust them. were so petrified of repeating the errors of 2011 they got them some peawy! imagine if we just had to rely on this un-workmanlike effort? 6 earned runs in 4+ innings yesterday! u newer know about young guys and how they'll respond to challeneges and blowouts. you can always send out demps to the bullpen or call up one contreras! deadline well-played by BC! like me some iggy but again well-played!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Re: where are the WORKMAN kool-aiders today?

Workman was certainly in for an inning too long, but otherwise I was very glad to have him on hand.

If not for Workman our bullpen would have been completely wrung out last night. Had he started, we would not have had all the passed ball related carnage in the first, and he likely would have gone the first five innings for us. That'd be my bet anyways.

Wright has to figure out how to throw that knuckler for strikes with some consistency, and then we need someone that can catch or block it, before he'll be of much use in the majors.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Workman should never have come out of the pen. Wright shouldn't have been starting.

2013 is no longer a bridge year.

The honeymoon is over for Farrell.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Lets see...you have a guy in a regular rotation and a routine as a starter. You then start using him out of the pen in AAA to prepare him for his new role in Boston now that you have acquired Peavy. hes basically now asked to give them a start.

Most who understand this game and a starters routine would understand this.

Wright is NOT a kid and just threw a CG shutout in AAA as well as having 2 great relief appearences for Boston. there was NOTHING wrong with starting a K-baller against a free swinging young lineup. It didnt work out. It happens. Doesnt make it the wrong move just because it didnt work. I didnt see you whining about it BEFORE he pitched.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I definitely don't understand the histrionics or the POINT of the OP, as it was so.......  incoherently written.

- Is the OP trying to bash Workman as a ......   what?  A starter?  Out of the BP?  What was the point?

*  Bad situation last night, & I don't think you can expect a starter to be "ready to rock & roll being dumped in the middle of that mess."  

*  Workman should be kept in a de facto 6 man rotation so as to help out until Buch is ready, AND give the other SPers extra rest down the stretch.  I like the kid a lot, dispite this horrific outing.  He was looking very good before last night!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Workman has done an admirable job as a starter.

Not so good as a reliever.

So, in the logic of the Red Sox management, lets put him in the bullpen.

Daniel Bard in reverse.

"Here we are trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.- Kurt Vonnegut

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Workman has done an admirable job as a starter.

Not so good as a reliever.

So, in the logic of the Red Sox management, lets put him in the bullpen.

Daniel Bard in reverse.

"Here we are trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.- Kurt Vonnegut

Hes not there pemanently Zill...A lot of prospects are used in the pen late in the season and then used as a starter the following season. David Price comes to mind in 2008. Britton is a starter too. This is nothing new.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

sometimes its best to let the big boys do their thing and to trust them. were so petrified of repeating the errors of 2011 they got them some peawy! imagine if we just had to rely on this un-workmanlike effort? 6 earned runs in 4+ innings yesterday! u newer know about young guys and how they'll respond to challeneges and blowouts. you can always send out demps to the bullpen or call up one contreras! deadline well-played by BC! like me some iggy but again well-played!

I still like Workman and Britton over Dempster at 13mil, or even Wright but they have been small sample so lets give all the kids a chance to develop before making any further judgements.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The OP is so poorly worded that it's hard to decipher the point. But it appears to be bashing the decision to insert Workman, who was coming off three outstanding starts in a row.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

The OP is so poorly worded that it's hard to decipher the point. But it appears to be bashing the decision to insert Workman, who was coming off three outstanding starts in a row.

Or perhaps (I think) it's praising the acquisition of Peavy rather than relying on Workman as a starter.

Anyway, it's ironic that he mentions bringing up Contreras, who was lit up for 6 runs (4 earned) on 6 hits in 2 innings for the PawSox last night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Lets see...you have a guy in a regular rotation and a routine as a starter. You then start using him out of the pen in AAA to prepare him for his new role in Boston now that you have acquired Peavy. hes basically now asked to give them a start.

Most who understand this game and a starters routine would understand this.

Wright is NOT a kid and just threw a CG shutout in AAA as well as having 2 great relief appearences for Boston. there was NOTHING wrong with starting a K-baller against a free swinging young lineup. It didnt work out. It happens. Doesnt make it the wrong move just because it didnt work. I didnt see you whining about it BEFORE he pitched.

Pretty good, southpaw.  Pretty good.  Cafardo says the irony is the indoor stadium--no wind--made the knuckler move more than it ever has, which then created the problem we saw.  Wright and Lavarnway both said this was a different knuckler last night. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Or perhaps (I think) it's praising the acquisition of Peavy rather than relying on Workman as a starter.

Anyway, it's ironic that he mentions bringing up Contreras, who was lit up for 6 runs (4 earned) on 6 hits in 2 innings for the PawSox last night.

The accuracy of the OP's content is only surpassed by the accuracy of his grammar.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[QUOTE]

The accuracy of the OP's content is only surpassed by the accuracy of his grammar.

[/QUOTE]

When you write a thread about what sox player you would want to see in an "all out twitter brawl" like Commy did, its obvious that his bar is not set very high.

Apparently he values useless drama, like twitter wars, than creating a solid baseball thread.

This thread is hindsight at its best, and if you examine the whole situation you would easily understand why the decision to pitch wright was made.

It didnt work out. Sorry to burst his bubble, but just because something doesnt work out doesnt mean it was the wrong move.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When you write a thread about what sox player you would want to see in an "all out twitter brawl" like Commy did, its obvious that his bar is not set very high.

Apparently he values useless drama, like twitter wars, than creating a solid baseball thread.

This thread is hindsight at its best, and if you examine the whole situation you would easily understand why the decision to pitch wright was made.

It didnt work out. Sorry to burst his bubble, but just because something doesnt work out doesnt mean it was the wrong move.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw the "Twitter War" nonsense.

I guess we're just old fogies, but I don't get the excitement over a couple of dopes flaming each other on Twitter either.

Farrell saw an opportunity to give his starters an extra day, at the midpoint of a long stretch of consecutive games.

It didn't workout for Wright very well, but the offense came through and got the win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw the "Twitter War" nonsense.

I guess we're just old fogies, but I don't get the excitement over a couple of dopes flaming each other on Twitter either.

Farrell saw an opportunity to give his starters an extra day, at the midpoint of a long stretch of consecutive games.

It didn't workout for Wright very well, but the offense came through and got the win.

[/QUOTE]

Against this particular Houston pitcher (6ERA) and as were getting into the "Dog Days", it was a good move.

IRT the twitter thing. I use it to catch the latest news and updates. Unfortunately in todays world there are a lot of brave people sitting behind computer screens with no fear of having the snot knocked out of them with some of the things that were said. Cowards.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

Was the roof open last night?  I didn't watch, I listened until it was 8-7 and went to bed.

The ball, obviously, was jumping lst night for both sides.  15-10 - Workman was serviceable last night .... thrown in after 2/3's of an inning.   What do you expect?  No one in the pen was ready for THAT quick a call.