Where is Drew on opening day.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Where is Drew on opening day.

Living in the middle of nowhere, I finally get it. Drew turned down 14.1 mil in order to play in Bora's spring training camp in Miami. Tigers  wouldn't bite because they need their 1st round draft pick. Drew will play somewhere for a fraction of the QO, Tooo Baad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Where is Drew on opening day.

He may sign on day two to avoid a QO offer next winter, but I doubt he gets anywhere near $14M.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He may sign on day two to avoid a QO offer next winter, but I doubt he gets anywhere near $14M.

[/QUOTE]

Hope he catches on somewhere, moon. I'd like to see him at Fenway Friday, to get his WS ring. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to boboinfla's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Living in the middle of nowhere, I finally get it. Drew turned down 14.1 mil in order to play in Bora's spring training camp in Miami. Tigers  wouldn't bite because they need their 1st round draft pick. Drew will play somewhere for a fraction of the QO, Tooo Baad.

[/QUOTE]

And he will still be much, much wealthier than you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hope he catches on somewhere, moon. I'd like to see him at Fenway Friday, to get his WS ring. 

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see us get a comp draft pick!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

In response to boboinfla's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he is somewhere WAY nicer than clown school..... I can see why you are upset !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who's going to give up a first round pick to sign a guy on a 1 year deal?? if i were giving up a draft pick i'd want the guy for longer than 1 season..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If Drew legitimately has a deal on the table, it makes ZERO sense for him to sign until after today, or WED depending on the team.

Of course on the other flip of the coin, if he had a 3 year deal on the table it would make ZERO sense to wait until then to sign.

I really want that pick, but I'm starting to think it ain't happening.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who's going to give up a first round pick to sign a guy on a 1 year deal?? if i were giving up a draft pick i'd want the guy for longer than 1 season..

[/QUOTE]

This, and any team signing him between now and the draft would get kind of a raw deal in that they would lose a draft pick without the option of recouping one by offering a QO at the end of the season.

IMO, a team would have to be truly desperate to sign him at this point, when you can wait until after the draft and avoid the pick issue.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

A team that has already lost a pick or two might be more likely, If the Yankees infield falls apart in the first couple weeks I can see them signing Drew.

it's not like they really use the draft anyways.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Some teams have already lost a pick for a 1 year deal. It happens. The price is what is at stake.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A team that has already lost a pick or two might be more likely, If the Yankees infield falls apart in the first couple weeks I can see them signing Drew.

it's not like they really use the draft anyways.

[/QUOTE]

Ha...good point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The numbers say not taking the $14.1M was the smart move for Drew, but I personally don't see it.  Now he is stuck, and Boras is blaming the system, not the agent. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

He's in your head, and that's about it. 

There is genuine strategy behind him not being signed at this point, study up....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's in your head, and that's about it. 

There is genuine strategy behind him not being signed at this point, study up....

[/QUOTE]

yea this is going exactly as he planned...LOLOLOL

i guess it's time for ole SDrew to get out in front of the crowd and make it look like a parade

to think that salami turned down 14 million to play with the world champs....he wouldve been set for life with that one yr contract and if he wouldve done well, the following season the market wouldve opened up for him

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

But is WAR is amazing!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Shouldn't have listened to Boras, should have snapped up that QO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Reyes goes down now too.

I think there is a 50/50 chance Drew signs in time for us to get a qualifying offer, and I know that is taking the easy way out.  The 50 half which involves him taking it is heavily reliant upon another team having a player or two go down and get desperate.

it could happen, if a team like the Yankee or the Tigers aren't happy with their infield after the first week they could get desperate.  Then again depending just how desperate they are they might just hold out to june, but that's 1/3 of the season....a lot of games for a team that thinks they can contend. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

it's a cold spring so hammies will be popping like cherries on prom night.  I'm still banking on getting the pick.

but yes, it is obvious satan bora$ blew this one big time.  but in reality it is worth the gamble for him as he benefits big time on commission for LTC....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it's a cold spring so hammies will be popping like cherries on prom night.  I'm still banking on getting the pick.

but yes, it is obvious satan bora$ blew this one big time.  but in reality it is worth the gamble for him as he benefits big time on commission for LTC....

[/QUOTE]

LOL...nice. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Teams want Drew, but the loss of a pick greatly diminishes what they will pay for him. There is a dollar amount out there, but obviously it's not enough for Drew to accept.

If it looks like he will not sign until June, the Sox might look at it differently. Since we will not get a draft pick unless he signs before June, we really lose nothing by signing him ourselves. 

I'm not saying I want to sign him, even for $6-8M, but the draft choice situation has changed now, and if we could get something very nice for Middy, I'd like to explore those options. Drew at SS and Bogey/Cecchini at 3B is much better defensively and maybe close to the same on offense. What we gain for Middy via trade could make it worth while, but I don't like the idea of being up to the luxury limit with no room to spare at the deadline.

I'd say no, but the equation is changing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Drew can sign after June (since the draft pick will no longer be attached to him).  Or he can play in Japan with Youkilis.   Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drew can sign after June (since the draft pick will no longer be attached to him).  Or he can play in Japan with Youkilis.   Laughing

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad he didn't take the $14M to stay here another year, but I feel bad he's not playing now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad he didn't take the $14M to stay here another year, but I feel bad he's not playing now.

[/QUOTE]

Hello moonslav59   Laughing

I guess Drew will keep himself busy by working out at Boras' state-of-the-art facility.   LOL

I thought a team like Toronto or the Mets would sign him.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hello moonslav59   Laughing

I guess Drew will keep himself busy by working out at Boras' state-of-the-art facility.   LOL

I thought a team like Toronto or the Mets would sign him.  

[/QUOTE]

Neither of those teams have a real chance at a ring this year, so why trade on the future for a guy who probably is not going to tilt the balance of their season?