Where is John Henry in all this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

There is, apparently, no leadership in either the front office or the dugout. Maybe Henry should do a "Steinbrenner" and take over! It's a shame Casey Stengel and Bill McKechnie are not around, but there must be somebody out there, like those guys, who could take over this crew. Go find him, John!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Where is John Henry in all this?

Yeah, thanks, but NO.  I want John Henry opening the coffers, but i do not want him touching baseball operations thank you.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, thanks, but NO.  I want John Henry opening the coffers, but i do not want him touching baseball operations thank you.  

[/QUOTE]

I am with you on this.  That interview with Felger is still fresh in my mind.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is, apparently, no leadership in either the front office or the dugout. Maybe Henry should do a "Steinbrenner" and take over! It's a shame Casey Stengel and Bill McKechnie are not around, but there must be somebody out there, like those guys, who could take over this crew. Go find him, John!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I hope you're being sarcastic.  Henry looks like he knows less about BB than I do.

Why would you want him anywhere near the BB operations?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No No No....... We must find Henry ! Last I knew he was buried under his money. Boston fans would say ... If you build us a bad team ...WE WILL COME...... And they do by the thousands and thousands. If you want to find John Henry maybe check under your seat at the game? Watch out you don't hit your head on some fans knee that's squeezed next to you.The only thing Henry has to do next year is purchase more grease so he can put a few more AZZES in the ballpark. Don't put the blame on the manager.Put the blame on the fans who support this garbage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

To be fair to John Henry, he did jump in and recognize that Ortiz's contract needed to be extended as soon as david said something thru the media.  So the guy isn't totally inept.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

To be fair to John Henry, he did jump in and recognize that Ortiz's contract needed to be extended as soon as david said something thru the media.  So the guy isn't totally inept.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

No, he is a shrewd business man.  Don't mean to take anything away from him in that regard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

John Henry should be out there playing the outfield and hitting HR's.  I mean if the team isn't doing it then he should.

Or at the very least he could go down to the power slugger store and just buy a Giancarlo Stanton.

Or he should at least start drafting better players so he can have a top prospect at every position ready to take over for the last guy who failed.

I mean seriously, I don't understand why this rich snob doesn't just completely rebuild the team in the middle of the season.

He definitely looks like the motivation speaker type too, maybe if he talked more in the locker room he could get the guys going.

....or maybe he's trying to get the team to stink on purpose so he can move them Florida because his wife wants to be down there more.  So what Farrell should do is make a large cut out of John Henry and then every time the Sox win a game they can rip off a piece of John's clothing....slowly undressing him win by win. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to VoiceofReason2014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you on another thread just demand that Lackey should be extended? 

[/QUOTE]

I did, but you have to point out the positives as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Look, the man can't even walk down the stairs of his yacht without bumping his head and going to the hospital.

Adult diapers, anyone?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bobby Valentine could have managed those Yankee teams of the 1950s and won pennants. Managers cannot swing the bat and replace a whole lineup that cannot.

[/QUOTE]

But the fact remains that some managers are worse than others.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bobby Valentine could have managed those Yankee teams of the 1950s and won pennants. Managers cannot swing the bat and replace a whole lineup that cannot.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That is very true.  However, I am more inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to a manager who just won a world series with a bunch of guys nobody gave a shot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I hope you're being sarcastic.  Henry looks like he knows less about BB than I do.

Why would you want him anywhere near the BB operations?

[/QUOTE]

I don't! I want him to hire someone who can do something with this team besides make out crazy line-ups. I want him to hire someone who can be a tough GM, and someone who can teach as well as "manage". He's the owner. It's his team. He knows that right now it's a very bad team. It's his job to eaither 1) sell the team to someone who cares, or 2) hire someone who's capable of running a major league team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That is very true.  However, I am more inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to a manager who just won a world series with a bunch of guys nobody gave a shot.

[/QUOTE]

He won a world series with a team that was handed to him. He made out the lineups, and used his true expertise (pitching) to complete the process. The fact that he can't project where these young players should play, shows his lack of understanding about talent. It should have taken him about 2 days to recognize Bogaert's lack of range and scatter arm to know he wasn't an infielder. It should have taken him two more days of seeing him chase down fly balls, hit a 400 ft HR in Yankee Stadium, and was only going to get stronger (and bigger and slower) to know he should have been an outfielder all along. Add that to his sticking Mookie Betts in CF, and you have the last straw. The kid is out there on his own, completely lost. Yet he was OK in RF. He'll also be OK. maybe in LF, or at 2B when Pedroia moves on. But CF? Just as Bradley was getting started? Spare me!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

He's in the COUNTING HOUSE counting all his money.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Some of you guys are either being funny, sarcastic or are just unrealistic. JH has been in and around the inner workings of baseball for a long time and I am positive is very involved at the level he should be.

Ben won last year with pretty much the same team. Yes certain moves he made have not worked out but as we all know not all moves work out for any team.

Farrell won last year with a team that most believed was a third place team at best. They came into this year with a more optimistic outlook than last year. However as we have seen despite pulling all the levers and strings as he did last year, some players have just not measured up to even their career averages. Pedroia until recently was the antithesis of the failure of this team offensively and still does not show the power for a number 3 guy. Who expected Holt to be the player he has been NO ONE.

In the last 30 days Nava, Pedroia and JBJ have finally started to hit.

The pitching has been pretty good and IMHO if the team had been hitting they would be a lot closer to the top than the bottom.

Hitting is something the manager has little to no control over except to either get the Hitting coach to work harder or get a new one.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some of you guys are either being funny, sarcastic or are just unrealistic. JH has been in and around the inner workings of baseball for a long time and I am positive is very involved at the level he should be.

Ben won last year with pretty much the same team. Yes certain moves he made have not worked out but as we all know not all moves work out for any team.

Farrell won last year with a team that most believed was a third place team at best. They came into this year with a more optimistic outlook than last year. However as we have seen despite pulling all the levers and strings as he did last year, some players have just not measured up to even their career averages. Pedroia until recently was the antithesis of the failure of this team offensively and still does not show the power for a number 3 guy. Who expected Holt to be the player he has been NO ONE.

The pitching has been pretty good and IMHO if the team had been hitting they would be a lot closer to the top than the bottom.

Hitting is something the manager has little to no control over except to either get the Hitting coach to work harder or get a new one.

[/QUOTE]

Dan Nava, last 10 games, 6-for-30, .200, 4 BB, 6 K, 4 RBI...0 extra-base hits.
    2 of the RBI came as a pinch hitter in the 9th with the team down by 10 runs.
    It was the first time all season he had a 2-RBI game (he has 9 RBI in 179 PA).
    Since June 4, or the time that everyone said he started to get his stroke back,
    he has scored exactly 4 runs in 93 PA....Yeah, he's back.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

that's 4U bill

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I have read many baseball historians who claim that Casey Stengel was a bumbling, incoherent, inept fool who never used statistics or logic in his managerial decisions. He was there during a dynasty and could have slept during games and the Yankees still would have won the pennant.  Read some history before you have baseless opinions. 

[/QUOTE]

Stengel was by far the most overrated manager of all time.

[/QUOTE]

He was the first to use platoons

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dan Nava, last 10 games, 6-for-30, .200, 4 BB, 6 K, 4 RBI...0 extra-base hits.
    2 of the RBI came as a pinch hitter in the 9th with the team down by 10 runs.
    It was the first time all season he had a 2-RBI game (he has 9 RBI in 179 PA).
    Since June 4, or the time that everyone said he started to get his stroke back,
    he has scored exactly 4 runs in 93 PA....Yeah, he's back.

[/QUOTE]

I think it is time to move on if you are using runs scored as your sole barometer of a players production. It is basically saying,  "Yeah, I am wrong. So what?"