Where is the Love for Carl Crawford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Re: Where is the Love for Carl Crawford

Don't talk about what Els makes until Boras gets him his next contract.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

two players arn't competing, especially since cc doesn't even want to hit leadoff. I am a fan of him batting 6th and he should be there. I love both Ells and CC, and by the end of this season they will both be top 5 in steals. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

In Response to Re: Where is the Love for Carl Crawford:
    [QUOTE]From May 1 though June 4, Crawford hit .315 / .336 / .488 with 3 HR and 20 RBI in 32 games.  (Those are paces for 15HR and 100 RBI over a full season.) Today he was 1 for 2 with another HR and 3 RBI. During that same stretch, Ellsbury hit .324/.380/.449.   For basically the same performace, one player is a bust and the other is an MVP candidate, according to most Sox fans. Crawford has absolutely turned it around since April.  The problem is, plenty of fans find his April unforgiveable and have already written his 7 years off as a bust despite a stellar comeback...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

I like Carl.  I am rooting for him and think he'll continue to improve his #'s into something fairly decent for the season and will be a solid contributor for the life of his contract ... though, I wasn't a fan of the signing/contract.

With that out of the way, I will respond to Notin by pointing out that Ells season so far is still pretty impressive and is much better than Craw's by a long shot (see #'s below). So I think that's a pretty good reason for the enthusiasm for Ells and lack, thus far, for Craw.  Anyway, I'm rooting for both and think they'll give us reason to be excited about the Crawbury combo in the second half.

AVG OBP SLG SB/CS
    Ells .299 .360 .453 22/7
    Craw .248 .286 .389 8/4

On a side note, while Pedey's been having a difficult season so far, you gotta give the guy some love for swiping 13 bases in 15 attempts.  Especially impressive having come off of foot surgery AND having less opportunities since, you know, he's getting on base less.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

the yazzer: "he's making 140 million; does he have to be loved also?
    where is the love for the firemen and policemen?"

I've been out on enough St Patty's days to know that the firemen and police get plenty of love.  Tongue out

I personally wouldn't want to do their job and I have the highest esteem for them, but we need to be honest with ourselves and realize that police and fire fighteres are paid pretty damn well in most places ... without a doubt overpaid when you figure in pensions.  Just like a baseball FA actually, but on a vastly different scale.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Carl in the 8 hole cuts down on the running opportunities as the team wants to turn the lineup over rather than a caught stealing.  CC will be fine and the stolen bases will start to pile up...unless he keeps smacking doubles and homers!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

To: Carl Crawford

I love you, man!!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]The Crawford situation is much easier to look at when you consider that it was, at the very least, a classic game of "keep away" from the Yankees.

Posted by plinny[/QUOTE]

The Yanks were never seriously interested in Crawford, it was a classic case of "drive up the price" on the red flops.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

to: harvey keitel

"i love you, man."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

btw, last friday night on HBO BILL MAHER said anybody in this country could be president after reading the list of republican contenders.
    he ended this statement by stating "what a dumb 'F'ing country."

for more proof how dumb this country is, please read 111soxfan's comments about firemen and policemen. in fact, that post should be enshrined in the DUMB HOF.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Garcia2 is back, I see. Hurtlocker, DeerHunter, ansd now the-yazzer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

i mention DUMB and look who shows up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

111. How do you figure these public servants get paid too much?  How can you put a price on accepting the responsibility of going up 100 floors while everyone else is going down thinking they might die?  Is a pension too much to give these guys at the end for doing something most in the world would never do?  Obviously, the worst case scenario happens rarely.  However, these guys train relentlessly so when it DOES happen, they are prepared to save lives at the risk of theirs.  One day it could be your life or the life of someone in your family.  Then I guess the pension wouldn't be such a high price to pay.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Of course the Yankees weren't seriously interested in Crawford. If they had been, he'd be in NY, instead of the team he claims "really fit for me".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I guess the Yankees weren't seriously interested in Cliff Lee either then.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Had these Yankees bid more than a small premium over Philly, he would be with the Yankees. They were seriously interested, but not serious enough.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

23 million for the sixth year doesn't seem like a small premium to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

As a percentage, it's small. Had they added another year and increased the base, he would almost surely be with the Yankees. The Philly base was higher, which you failed to note.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

they were guaranteeing him another 23 million.  And the base per was only 1 mil less.

He signed with Philly because he wanted to.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Jim .... from an earlier  thread I started ...

DEFENSE OF CRAWFORD ISDISAPPOINTING
    posted at 5/18/2011 10:21 AM EDT

First: 5/31/2008
    Last: 6/6/2011
    Aw Jeeee eeeez  (Heard that before, Edith)

When we landed Carl, I was delighted.  Some of you noticed.  Almost as delighted as when the fantasy league trade for Adrian shockingly came true.

I am STILL delighted that we have Carl. 

But true to form, the baseball genii on this board went after him.  Some have even gone after Adrian (coming off shoulder surgery, no less....)  Some went after the signing, which is surprised many but shouldn't have after the bar being set so high for Jason Werth.  Some went after the length of the contract.  Oh well.  Like we didn't have issues with "short" contracts (see Pedro {properly done}, Jason Bay {properly done}, even VMart {still in the up in the air about that one - though I lean toward properly done}, Mark Teixiera {Hmmm}).  SO when Mr. Lucchino and Mr. Werner said we weren't finished after Adrian, we only signed the highest ranked FA available.  Terrible. 

And just like the baseball genii that jumped Big Papi the last couple of seasons, the negativity toward Carl is still going forward.

Nuts to all of you naysayers.

He put enough pressure on himself.  But he's played through it and is hitting considerably better, knocking in runs, game winners to boot.

And now his defense is disappointing. 

My guess is that if you watched him put on his UnderArmor, you'd find reason to complain.  "What, he puts in his left leg first?" 

It's disappointing that  we haven't been supportive through the tough times.  Some of us at least.  It's disappointing that you haven't welcomed him and rooted for him and cheered him. 

It's now time to get off his back.  He's been a Sox for months now.  He had a great work ethic and the best of regards by everyone in his former associations.  That's kind of hard to say these days.  Super stars seem to be lazy and have a large band of critics in their background.  Not Carl. 

But you negative maroons have provided him that lovely cache of people who can take a person who's performed better and better, who's been a hard worker - a real positive image for us and our kids - and take your hatchets out.  Congrats to you.

YOU ARE THE DISAPPOINTING ONES.

When will you ever learn?

I'M ALL IN BEHIND CARL!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No love yet, but definitely rooting for him.  What if he keeps this latest stuff up? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Premature still to assess the Crawford investment but I am sure that once Drew is history that it will be a topic of 2000 threads over the next five years.  Add in 2000 threads about Theo making that decision and John Henry bankrolling it and I am sure that the forum regulars and pretenders will have something to debate in their retirement years in Florida. Shuffleboard, Bocci Ball, Golf, and Bridge / Checkers, and BDC Forum.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]two players arn't competing, especially since cc doesn't even want to hit leadoff. I am a fan of him batting 6th and he should be there. I love both Ells and CC, and by the end of this season they will both be top 5 in steals. 
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]

As long as they've got Mike Cameron or JD Drew hitting behind CC in the order Crawford's steals will be down.  Tito won't risk sending CC with two outs knowing that if he's caught then Cameron or Drew will be leading off the next inning. I saw that happen twice last weekend.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Always count on Pike for the ultimate kiss of death.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Jim .... from an earlier  thread I started ... DEFENSE OF CRAWFORD ISDISAPPOINTING posted at 5/18/2011 10:21 AM EDT   www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=4f885e508bb6be655ebf8dc2edd8d74e&plckUserId=4f885e508bb6be655ebf8dc2edd8d74e " target="_parent" /> SinceYaz Posts: 1855 First: 5/31/2008 Last: 6/6/2011 Aw Jeeee eeeez  (Heard that before, Edith) When we landed Carl, I was delighted.  Some of you noticed.  Almost as delighted as when the fantasy league trade for Adrian shockingly came true. I am STILL delighted that we have Carl.  But true to form, the baseball genii on this board went after him.  Some have even gone after Adrian (coming off shoulder surgery, no less....)  Some went after the signing, which is surprised many but shouldn't have after the bar being set so high for Jason Werth.  Some went after the length of the contract.  Oh well.  Like we didn't have issues with "short" contracts (see Pedro {properly done}, Jason Bay {properly done}, even VMart {still in the up in the air about that one - though I lean toward properly done}, Mark Teixiera {Hmmm}).  SO when Mr. Lucchino and Mr. Werner said we weren't finished after Adrian, we only signed the highest ranked FA available.  Terrible.  And just like the baseball genii that jumped Big Papi the last couple of seasons, the negativity toward Carl is still going forward. Nuts to all of you naysayers. He put enough pressure on himself.  But he's played through it and is hitting considerably better, knocking in runs, game winners to boot. And now his defense is disappointing.  My guess is that if you watched him put on his UnderArmor, you'd find reason to complain.  "What, he puts in his left leg first?"  It's disappointing that  we haven't been supportive through the tough times.  Some of us at least.  It's disappointing that you haven't welcomed him and rooted for him and cheered him.  It's now time to get off his back.  He's been a Sox for months now.  He had a great work ethic and the best of regards by everyone in his former associations.  That's kind of hard to say these days.  Super stars seem to be lazy and have a large band of critics in their background.  Not Carl.  But you negative maroons have provided him that lovely cache of people who can take a person who's performed better and better, who's been a hard worker - a real positive image for us and our kids - and take your hatchets out.  Congrats to you. YOU ARE THE DISAPPOINTING ONES. When will you ever learn? I'M ALL IN BEHIND CARL!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Great job, Yaz.  I never saw that.  I have been taking days off from the forum because the negativity is just too much sometimes.  I am known as the supreme optimist at work so the bashfest that I read here is just moronic.  As you said, CC has been a model guy.  He struggled and came out of it.  Is that not what Sox fans love about their guys.  I know he got a ton of money but contrary to what many want to believe, he could have gotten that cash anywhere.  He WANTED to be here.  He chose this vortex and we bash him for it.  It is just freaking madness as far as I'm concerned.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Carl Crawford will be our Roberto Clemente. Write it down and quote me on it.