Where is the predicted HR, Agon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Where is the predicted HR, Agon?

I guess he's not going to get the home run that he predicted. Think about 
    the Red Sox if they had Rizzo at 1B? $23M less payroll and probably as much production.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Where is the predicted HR, Agon?

Really now? Where is Rizoo by the way?

Now the media is pressing AGon who probably is pressing himself to hit a home-run.

Good Job guys! Rail on your second best hitter and most expensive player. Pile on. Clobber him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Where is the predicted HR, Agon?:
    [QUOTE]Really now? Where is Rizoo by the way? Now the media is pressing AGon who probably is pressing himself to hit a home-run. Good Job guys! Rail on your second best hitter and most expensive player. Pile on. Clobber him. 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Rizzo is at AAA Iowa (Cubs) hitting about .370 with 14 HR and 40 RBI

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

And?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm with twice-grilled on this one. The guy had a banner year last year and he's slumping, and it's clear he will take some time to bust out. Instead, it's trade him!dump him! he's another over-rated fatcat! Forget about Tebow, there's Gonzow! I can't wait for him to go on a month tear, but when he does, please, please, please I want to hear from all these naysayers who will be writing their own threads about Gonzo being indispensible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In Response to Where is the predicted HR, Agon?:
    [QUOTE]I guess he's not going to get the home run that he predicted. Think about  the Red Sox if they had Rizzo at 1B? $23M less payroll and probably as much production.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

He DID hit one about 450 feet that was just foul...Call me when Rizzo hits MLB pitching.  The Cubs current first baseman is lighting it up...I hope Rizzo enjoys Iowa

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Melancon is eating up AAA hitters, does that mean he's a MLB reliever anymore? Nope

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is the predicted HR, Agon? : Rizzo is at AAA Iowa (Cubs) hitting about .370 with 14 HR and 40 RBI
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Rizzo can't even make the parent club.  How much help would he be? Besides hitting is not the issue with the Sox...it is starting pitching.  Sox are 2 or 3 in AL in hitting and close to last in pitching...nothing else needs to be said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Melancon is eating up AAA hitters, does that mean he's a MLB reliever anymore? Nope
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Not just any reliever but Mo Riveras twin.... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Gonzo missed his homer by about a foot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Won the game tonight, and here is ADG with a thread bashing a player. Guess he couldn't come up with one about how the Sox are losing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Amen Kim,  ever the negative posters.  Nice win, good game for Ross.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Amen Kim,  ever the negative posters.  Nice win, good game for Ross.
    Posted by never1954[/QUOTE]

ADG's been doing this for a long time. Posters still eat it up for some reason. And I loved that Ross was able to redeem himself after the apparent "career ending" play he made. Anyone see the play he made to gun down a runner just recently? Smile

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Nobody eats it up, there are what 8 repsonses to his thread in 12 hours and most of them are from you and I. Not a lot of eating I'd say.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I watched his moster foul and that was enough for me.  He will start to heat up soon.  Agon is here not only because of his bat but his glove makes him one of the most valuable 1B in the league.  Agon is doing just fine.  He probably saved few runs with glove already this season. 
    Good pitching again by Doubront, almost perfect relieves by the BP, glad no balks were issued last night!!

Go SOX!!!! beat the Philllies!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

I LOVE LOVE LOVE AGon. The guy is just a pure hitting machine. I don't care about the current slump or the fact the guy isn't going to hit 30+ homers year in and year out. In his stride the guy breaks down pitchers better than anyone. I also love Cody Ross b/c the guy has got balls of titanium, is a fantastic teamate, and also has some pop in his bat. What I can't stand are the tarts on this board that cry "End of Days" every time the Sox go through a rough patch. Christ, crack a Miller High Life, eat a bacon sandwich, and thank Jesus H. Christ for three Superbowl wins, '04 and '07, and Patrice Bergeron. Life is fuc_ing good!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Where is the predicted HR, Agon?:
    [QUOTE]I guess he's not going to get the home run that he predicted. Think about  the Red Sox if they had Rizzo at 1B? $23M less payroll and probably as much production.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

You can't seriously believe that!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Does Remy still do the "TOP DOGS" of the game.  Ross better have gotten that one

BTW, it appears they hit AG on purpose b/c of his "called shot".  That's really lame and one more reason to hate the Rays.  If AG called his shot he wasn't doing it against the Rays or a pitcher or trying to insult anyone.  What a joke the Rays are.  Maddon has always been petty.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Agon will be fine...naysayers out in force today

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]Does Remy still do the "TOP DOGS" of the game.  Ross better have gotten that one BTW, it appears they hit AG on purpose b/c of his "called shot".  That's really lame and one more reason to hate the Rays.  If AG called his shot he wasn't doing it against the Rays or a pitcher or trying to insult anyone.  What a joke the Rays are.  Maddon has always been petty.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I agree with Bobby V. It's possible, but a stupid thing to do if it was.  Loading the bases with one out in the 1st on purpose?  If it was intentional I don't think Joe Maddon had any part in the decision.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I was thinking about this yesterday.  It was really out of character for Gonzalez to say this - every time he has ever been asked about his power he's just said the HRs will come.

After what happened with Rhymes on Wednesday, I think Gonzalez did this intentionally because if there was going to be retaliation, this was a good way to ensure he was the one who got drilled.  Gonzalez is a smart guy - I think this was a show of leadership.  

Sections
Shortcuts