1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Where is there a good Sox forum?

How ironic that the psoter who complains the most about posters not sticking to baseball only posts about nonbaseball topics... like other posters.

Can someone be that numb and not even see how absurd he is being?

(Talk about trolling)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to purplebelt6's comment:

There won't be any forum here in another year.  Just look at how tough it is for a real Red Sox fan to start a thread without it being hijacked by stupidity, insults, trash talk, and conflict.  A  forum spinning down the toilet.

It's almost laughable....you poor, sad, ill man, Pike.  Over the past year or two it's you, the Billiot and Softy that have caused the most damage here....but you can't see it.

Seek help, seriously.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

There are at least 3 Headlines dealing with this topic of Trolls etc. and I have copied and pasted a post I made on another. With free speech people should be allowed to post as long as within the forum guidelines. But remember that if you feed a wild animal, you could be bitten.

So, hey, if you have fun going back and forth with someone or a few like in a tennis match because you can't agree on something, good for you.
    Nobody should know anybody from Adam as we fortunately use bogus names. Maybe based on comments some feel they can tell if person's intelligence, ability to reason and, most important, Baseball acumen is above or below average. But to continue angrily, name calling too,  a Bogus/Pen name(s) because your feathers were ruffled because there was disagreement with your opinion, to me, in my opinion, means you must truly enjoy the engagement and, maybe too, are a bit of a Masochist.  In my opinion, calling someone a name because they discredited you or your team feeds the troll & with his/her belly full, he/she responds.  You tell them to go away, go on another board, on their own team's board etc. but I prefer that if I disagree or am upset at a person’s personal insults on me(HA!, oops, I mean my Pen name) or my team,  then I offer what I hope is an objective opinion and do this a couple of times in rebuttal and when there is no agreement, an impasse, in my opinion, it is the more reasonable person who backs away. I have always found that it is a no win situation trying to argue with a person who is unreasonable. Anyway, my $.02 !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

On another thread Pumpsie-Green is trying to figure out if he likes CrowTAzzWipe or not?

Never bring your little kids to a pediatrician who likes to call Lackey as Slackey or LackLuster or Crawford as Crawbust or Crawful.  Seven years of college and a doctor talks like his six year old patients. So funny.

This is behavior that the moderator endorses and has ruined the BDC forum. No wonder why there are no new members here.

There are new members. just last week: 

Alan, mize, shorect, and pittsstop and latest, sometimesomewhere. LagunaJose is on vacation 

You come up a total ZERO whenever you are asked to respond to an idea or concept. What do you do for a living?

May I inject my $.02 cents in view of some heated remarks among some posters regarding trolls/name calling etc. in defense of Pumpsie and his profession:

A retired gentleman visited a Downtown Job Center in Denver and noticed a job notice advertising for a Gynecologist's Assistant.  Interested, the gentleman spoke to a clerk to learn details. 

The clerk pulled up the file, and read the prospectus;

"The job entails getting the ladies ready for the gynecologist. You have to help the women out of their underwear, lay them down and carefully wash their private regions, then apply shaving foam and gently shave off the hair, then rub in soothing oils so they're ready for the gynecologist's examination. The annual salary is $65,000.  Location is Billings, Montana."

"Good grief", explained the gentleman.  "Is that where the job is?"

"No sir", the clerk responded. "That is where the end of the line is right now".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

This forum was easy for me to find.  Yet it has only a handful of Red Sox fans on it who wish to talk baseball. It is full of combative and abusive trolls. Just my opinion.  Seems like a clique to me.  I was very disappointed since I had high hopes that three WS titles in ten years would draw more fans. There are about ten posters that I enjoy reading.

This place has deteriorated quite a bit since the 2007 season. 

There was a group of bandwagon jumpers who came aboard after that season. I signed up in 2006 and two years after a championship you had mostly real, old time fans.Starting after the 2007 season , Red Sox Nation became Hate Nation or , as like to refer to it, Bandwagon Nation. A legion of spoiled brats , who think the team will win the WS every year and if they don't, it's time to trash everybody. 

This is the result of winning too many championships in too short a span (in today's sportsworld) , you get lot's of ungrateful, hateful people.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to SomeoneSomewhere's comment:

I despise this forum. Too much time and too many threads are devoted to which poster is a troll, and how much people hate each other. This forum is drowining in ad hominem crap. While there is some good baseball knowledge here, it's not worth filtering through the drivel. I used to post here regularly, but I have given up completely. Now I can barely stand to come here and read the forum. I'm totally uninterested in discussing softlaw, pike, Law2005, Bill or any of the other personalities that have been chased off this board. I want to discuss baseball.

So, with that said, I'm looking for sugestions of good forums where Sox baseball is the topic of discussion. Someplace where people know baseball, where they're respectful of one another, and where topics to not inevitably devolve into "you're a troll."

Suggestions? 

there are a bunch on here that get together on a private website somewhere.  possibly that forum would be more what you are looking for.  i have never been invited so cannot confirm how good (or bad) it is, but maybe you will?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Where is there a good Sox forum?

Up two streets and take a left.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

Where is there a good Sox forum?

Up two streets and take a left.

Will that put him in the Charles River, hopefully.

Or the muddy river :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I despise this forum. Too much time and too many threads are devoted to which poster is a troll, and how much people hate each other. This forum is drowining in ad hominem crap. While there is some good baseball knowledge here, it's not worth filtering through the drivel. I used to post here regularly, but I have given up completely. Now I can barely stand to come here and read the forum. I'm totally uninterested in discussing softlaw, pike, Law2005, Bill or any of the other personalities that have been chased off this board. I want to discuss baseball.

So, with that said, I'm looking for sugestions of good forums where Sox baseball is the topic of discussion. Someplace where people know baseball, where they're respectful of one another, and where topics to not inevitably devolve into "you're a troll."

Suggestions? 

I don't know. This forum right here seems pretty good... as long as you aren't posting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

Suggestions? 

I don't know. This forum right here seems pretty good... as long as you aren't posting.

AB, message from S5. He's been looking for you at the NNCC. He will be there late afternoons, except on game days. He will be there Monday to watch the game, opening day, so keep a look out! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

this is a great forum..if can put up with the overabundance of Sox fans.. Tongue OutSmile

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to antibody's comment:

Suggestions? 

AB, message from S5. He's been looking for you at the NNCC. He will be there late afternoons, except on game days. He will be there Monday to watch the game, opening day, so keep a look out! 

Hey, thanks J-BAY! I've been pretty busy lately. A lot of long days into late nights. Looks like no show on Mon. so I'll definately do my best to look him up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Mr. Irrelevant is back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Mr. Irrelevant is back.

I have to admit that I greatly underestimated the extent of his derangement.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

You would think he would at least try to disguise himself among us for a while and trick us....he could at the very least get off more posts before being deleted. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Butterflies, nets, white jackets, rubber rooms, straight-jackets.....pike, the guy is right out of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Suggestions? 

Sounds like your part of the problem ... mr Grumpy....With that said ...just leave and your forum world you seek might have room for ....Mr Grumpy  !! Oh ! and don't forget to start your baseball topic instead of complaining about  Someplace where people know baseball ....

Sections
Shortcuts